The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Do woolies do fly buys ? im yet to have someone present it.

If they do, how the fuck do i scan the card thing.

CieL

HSC
No.... Woolies doesn't do flybuys....

Coles does. There's a barcode at the back of the card you can run through the scanner, or you could just swipe it like a credit card in the EFTPOS.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
awesome, on my first shift actually one guy had it so i just scanned it and cancelled the error and pretended it worked.

he bought it.

Everything else is easy as piss. Except when you run out of change. That sucks

HSC
What woolies do have is everyday rewards cards, although I'm not sure if they're in all areas yet. What they do is store the customers petrol vouchers all on one card. So customers might present those, in which case you just scan the barcode on the back.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Peartie said:
awwww...... try working in groceries or perishables where we have to lift boxes with MANY cartons of juice or milk or kitty litter etc....then carrying them around the aisles .......heaviest ive had is 25Kgs per box.....

Not trying to be mean just saying it could be a hell of a lot worse!

Ive had a milk pallett start collapsing on me and so i tried stopping it which really put my back out! thats well over 100kgs falling onto me!

but its all part of the job
lol yeah i know how u feel.

i work in deli .. and since im usually the only guy opening in the mornings. i have to get the chicken load. which is on saturdays (the day that i work) usually 2 palettes (3 if im unlucky) and then unload all of that; onto the red trolley
and then pack it onto the shelves.

and then what makes matters even more fan-freaking-tastic is when the boxes break and the boxes for on the floor (i've had it fall on me once before .. when i was supporting it and another person was pushing ... was about 7 boxes of chicken .. >< an dthen the chicken blood started to leak through and i was like "EWWWWW .. imgonna smell like chicken blood T__T"

seriously. getting chicken blood on ur shirt is annoying. getting chicken blood DOWN your shirt is just horrible.

and im starting to hate my manager. manipulating bitch she is. she keeps on changing my fkkin contract hours. i mean . .wtffff!?

i stlil haven't signed my 'new' contract .. but if she wants me to close the deli on sunday nights forget it.. im not gonna sign it >:/
i need a new job. -sigh-

blakegman

HSC
N/A
babikakez said:
What woolies do have is everyday rewards cards, although I'm not sure if they're in all areas yet. What they do is store the customers petrol vouchers all on one card. So customers might present those, in which case you just scan the barcode on the back.
yeah i read about those but my store doesn't have them yet.

HSC
My store does but sometimes, I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I'm still new so I'm still getting used to everything else lol so I don't ask every single customer who buys over $30 lol.

Can anyone working in Woolies tell me what I'm supposed to say?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
just ask people who look like bitches.

old people and couples arent likely to care much anyway, and it's their fault for not getting the card out. asking every single person would be waste of time/effort

CieL

HSC
babikakez said:
So the everyday reward card is just for petrol vouchers?
No other sort of point system?

HSC
From what I've read on the Everyday Rewards website, that seems to be the case. It's just that the card replaces the fuel voucher on your receipt (saving paper?) and that you may get a chance to win $150 Wish Gift Card. To me...I don't wanna see the gift card because that'll mean one more thing that I will have to handle at the checkout! =p

I don't ask most people anyway. I only ask when I remember.

The card doesn't have a very attractive offer. I mean, with Flybuys, you accumulate points and you can get vouchers off it. With this, you can't. =p

Peartie

HSC
woot! just handed in my letter of resignation - 2 weeks left!!! so happy :) knowing me ill probably end up going back sometime next year but im free for now!

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
/\ gah I'm jealous.

People sometimes pass me their fly buys card and I look at them, they look at me, then I say "we don't do flybuys". First time someone did it I didn't look at it, just thought they were lazy not swiping their credit card, so I swiped it, nothing happened, then I realised what it was lol idiottt.

Losing my patience so much with customers lately. Like last night, was bagging a register. The register next to me was still open with 3 trolleys back. A lady comes up to the register and is about to put her stuff up. At the end of the conveyor belt is a closed sign. The register light is off. The cash draw is clearly on the conveyor belt being emptied. There is people waiting in other queues. I couldn't believe she was so blind so I snap "This register is closed". Apparently she gave me a massive glare.

Pilotman

HSC
In one of the NATCOMS they had a thing on self serve:

700 Self Serve checkouts to be installed within a couple of years.

EVERY new and refurbished store will recieve them and since every store is progressively getting them (the 2010 look) and from what i can understand Woolworths wants every single store in the country with the 2010 look by the end of 2010 so that the image is standard.

So will be interesting, i would say most big sales stores will get them and smaller stores wont.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, we're too small to fit one in at current, unless they reduced the number of registers to the number we actually use, even then u could probably only get to self-serve checkouts in, which isnt really worth it

wooliesboy02/09

HSC
CieL said:
So the everyday reward card is just for petrol vouchers?
No other sort of point system?
well it appears to customers that way but the actual reason is so they can track peoples shopping and get the demographics of their customers- hence having to register them etc. They have done it for ages with our staff discount cards but then some creative genious came up with a way to track customers lol! in all honesty is does kinda make having to keep the paper vouchers easier- but this isnt the real reason lol. But seriiously i am absolutely sick of explaining the whole system to every bloody customer that comes through! but thats just me...

Resources: job- service supervisor and am nosy by nature ;P i know everything!

Peartie

HSC
no

for Part Time and Full time it is now a minimum of 40 hours in a 4 week cycle (10 hours a week) - its with the new contract.....

and a minimum engagement of 3 hours (casuals included) and maximum of 9(?) hours per day, up to one 11 hour day per week by mutual consent or something random like that anyway!

HSC
where can we find this all out? i'm ppt (for past 6 weeks or so) and i do 12 hours a week and was told that was the minimum?

Peartie

HSC
here you go

this is the current agreement....posted on the SDA website on the 08.02.2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)