The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nicollette

HSC
Re: Woolworths Question

Yeah, I kind of figured after reading posts about people who work at KFC/Maccas that your basically paid shit for doing slave labor...I reaaaally hope this interview goes well.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
davie144 said:
hey jodi wat store are u from im from sylvania
Engadine. Ha I got asked to supervise there tonight, do you have no staff or something?

Before I remembered something that happened to me ages ago. I was supervising Friday night and it was really busy for some reason and I was stressing. The phone rang so I ran to get it and it was an outside line. There was heaps of background noise then after about 10 seconds a lady says "Hi Jodi, we're at blah blah club doing trivia, and we have to answer what aisles your products are in". Anyway so she starts listing all these products like John West Salmon, Ansell condoms, mars bars, etc etc. About 15-20 items all together. No idea what club it was at or why no other group thought to ring the store but anyway.
Yeah not an exciting story but it was random and it made me laugh after a shit night at work.

Harry778

HSC
This bitch I served the other day!!!

Here's how it went.

She had green bags and I was packing the last one and there wasent much stuff in there, but she had some produce stuff left. So I asked her
"Do you want the rest in a plastic bag or this green bag"?

Her reply was
"Well unless your going to lift the bag into the trolley take it home and unpack and come back to fill it up you can put the rest in"
With this heaps smart ass attitude! FUCK!! I felt like punching that stupid slut in her old wrinkly face! It made me soo mad!

It was kind of like she already had something planned to say coz she always comes in and NOBODY likes her coz she's so hard to deal with and SO rude!

The bag wouldent have been very heavy if I packed it all in. She looked about late 40's...I think she does alot of drugs though!

FUCK YOU OLD BICTH!

thanks for reading and letting me vent...

Harry778

HSC
ALSO:

There is this song they played today and I really like it but dunno what it's called??

I know some lines in it.
One goes....
"Not today, not today"...

2nd

"It's not oveeerr.....it's not oveeerr..........it's not oveerr"

3rd

"Without yooou.....without yooooou"

All the same song...they're the lines in it that I know...anyone know what i'm talking about and/or what it's called?
Thanks...

greekgun

HSC
Harry778 said:
ALSO:

There is this song they played today and I really like it but dunno what it's called??

I know some lines in it.
One goes....
"Not today, not today"...

2nd

"It's not oveeerr.....it's not oveeerr..........it's not oveerr"

3rd

"Without yooou.....without yooooou"

All the same song...they're the lines in it that I know...anyone know what i'm talking about and/or what it's called?
Thanks...
lol i got no idea. Kinda the words kinda remind me of with or without you by U2.

Harry778

HSC
randomnezz said:
i think it is Chris Daughtry - It's Not Over :p
No thats not it. I just looked at it on youtube.
A woman sings it and when she sings the "It's not over" part it kind of sounds like there a two girls singing it, or maybe a dude??

yobob

HSC
Anyone know what a Produce Assistant does?

Is it true about the 5am starts??

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yobob said:
Anyone know what a Produce Assistant does?

Is it true about the 5am starts??
It's true.

Basically setup the department. Cut the vegetables/fruit /wrap it or whatever. Not sure what it exactly entails, but morning shifts > night shifts.

you would generally finish around 2pm on 5am starts. Unless you're new. And you finish probably around 12 or so for teh first few weeks.

nicollette

HSC
Dilemma

Okay, so I was invited for a group assesment with Woolworths. Missed it, but emailed them and got invited to a new one. Got a phone call a week late telling me I've moved onto the next stage which is the interview with the store manager. The HR manager who called me told me the store manager of whom I had the 2nd interview with name really quickly (it was either Max or Matt lol) and told me on Saturday that I have an interview next Thursday. I'm not sure if he means tommorow's Thursday (27th) or the 4th of Sep. I haven't got his phone number so I don't really know what to do..other than just going on both Thursday's seeing as the place is really close to my house. Oh, and what do you do if you don't the SM's name...lol?

Well that's not really the problem anyway. I just got an email from Coles inviting me to a group assesment for the Service Assistant position (what is this, by the way?) and I've heard Coles is better than woolies so I'm not sure what to do. Should I just goto both interviews and see what happens..what if I already have the job at Woolies (what are my chances now that I've proceeded onto the 1on1 interview with the SM)? Both jobs are in Cranbourne which is convenient to me travelwise.

Any help would be appreciated ASAP! :)

nicollette

HSC
greekgun said:
lol i got no idea. Kinda the words kinda remind me of with or without you by U2.
Haha yeah, or Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday"..yeah WTF.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Dilemma

Store Managers name is easy enough to find out, just go to the store/ring the store and ask.

i'd just go to both interviews then make a decision - untill you go to a woolies induction you wont have the job officially anyway

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC

Why not just call the store, tell them you have an interview and want to confirm the date with the manager?

2 birds, one stone

nicollette

HSC

wuddie said:
why didn't you post this in the woolies thread?
I was a bit absent-minded and occupied with the 'dilemma' when I created the thread. Well I just went to the 2nd interview, was about 2 minutes with the store manager and some random guy just listening to us lmao..don't really know what he was there for but anyway..the SM just asked me what I like about Woolies, why I want to work here and what I would bring to the table. Pretty easy stuff, then he told me if I had passed to the next stage there would be an induction and he checked my availabilities.

He also asked if I wanted to work in Deli because they wanted some people there. Does this mean I pretty much have the job, if so whats Deli like? Oh yeah, and while I was at the interview the lady from coles rang to schedule my group assesment, and my dad forgot to her number, bummer.

born2b

HSC

you would rather be in coles than woolies..

*may start some debates now* lol let the debating begin...

you should have a mobile so you can do stuff urself lol?

tillllly

HSC
hey guys just wondering if anyone knows about our new uniform changes. apparently were ditching the green and getting a salmon colour (fancy way of saying dusty pink colour)

is this true? my supervisors said it is.
im looking forward to it green washes me out alot!

x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)