The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I hope not...we only got new ones about 2 years ago if that.

I haven't heard anything about new shirts.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Considering I just paid $60 for 4 new shirts, they friggin better not change the uniforms again!

And anyway, isn't the Green the company colour?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: Dilemma

nicollette said:
I was a bit absent-minded and occupied with the 'dilemma' when I created the thread. Well I just went to the 2nd interview, was about 2 minutes with the store manager and some random guy just listening to us lmao..don't really know what he was there for but anyway..the SM just asked me what I like about Woolies, why I want to work here and what I would bring to the table. Pretty easy stuff, then he told me if I had passed to the next stage there would be an induction and he checked my availabilities.

He also asked if I wanted to work in Deli because they wanted some people there. Does this mean I pretty much have the job, if so whats Deli like? Oh yeah, and while I was at the interview the lady from coles rang to schedule my group assesment, and my dad forgot to her number, bummer.
about deli:

one of the most tiring places you can work in depending on how your manager is. If your manager is a "don't care what happens" type of person, it'll be easy work adn the case will always look smashed.

The deli i work at (seven hills) pulls pretty good money; and our manager expects the best. So we all have to work our hardest.

Everything's pretty simple though around the workplace if you have co-operative & friendly staff. Anyawy, it starts off pretty easy, customer service, filling the case, etcetera etcetera, but then it gets worse as you'll have been allocated more responsibilities like slicing/shaving, writing up the temp checks in the book, etc.

All easy though, and there's always a good chance of getting a nice long shift. Which are better than multiple short ones throughout the week.

nicollette

HSC

Oh awesome, thanks for that. I don't mind getting in there and getting my hands dirty, I cook/handle meat all the time. Well doesn't sound as bad as a service cashier so we shall see, now I just need the call for induction!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

nicollette said:
Oh awesome, thanks for that. I don't mind getting in there and getting my hands dirty, I cook/handle meat all the time. Well doesn't sound as bad as a service cashier so we shall see, now I just need the call for induction!
yeah, nothing too bad.
you'll get some mean customers, that's just about it.

Oh btw, you will almost always smell bad after a long shift. raw chicken smell mixed with fish (yes, you will be serving at the seafood counter as well) mixed with bbq chicken is not a nice smell. =/

nicollette

HSC

Mean customers? Eh, I can take that. Yuck, that also sounds like a recipe for pimples, what have I got myself into :(
Whats the pay like by the way (for a 16 year old)?

banjie

Just smile and nod...
HSC

Oh btw, you will almost always smell bad after a long shift. raw chicken smell mixed with fish (yes, you will be serving at the seafood counter as well) mixed with bbq chicken is not a nice smell. =/[/quote]

Omg I soooo don't miss those days!!!

CieL

HSC
mlee72 said:
OMG!!
Just got promoted to Office cashier!!!
SWEET!!!;)
You're....... 16? 17?

Office Cashier.. isnt that what townie does?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

banjie said:
Oh btw, you will almost always smell bad after a long shift. raw chicken smell mixed with fish (yes, you will be serving at the seafood counter as well) mixed with bbq chicken is not a nice smell. =/
Omg I soooo don't miss those days!!![/QUOTE]
and throw in some cleaning chemicals smell in there as well if you do a day - night shift

(ie; 10-8)
those shifts suck.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
You're....... 16? 17?

Office Cashier.. isnt that what townie does?
one of my many duties, i'm a general dogsbody

my official job title is Liquor Assistant, but i'm pretty much liquor 3IC

also office cashier, service supervisor/service cashier, and very rarely i work groceries.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
townie said:
one of my many duties, i'm a general dogsbody

my official job title is Liquor Assistant, but i'm pretty much liquor 3IC

also office cashier, service supervisor/service cashier, and very rarely i work groceries.
You have more than 3 people in your Liqour Department?
Mine only has three... I've only been there bout 2 months now...
How big is your Liqour department? How many people do you have workin in there at any one time?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Only ever 2 people on at once at most, 4 regular people work liquor (manager, 2IC, me and some other dude) plus a dozen or so other people are RSA trained backups (but rarely work in liquor). we do about ~$50k per week sales (not much really)

i'm not officially 3IC, but i'm the most senior non-manager, and aside from the 2IC have worked in the department for longer than any1 else (almost 4 years now)

mlee72

HSC
greekgun said:
hey congrats,

do u get paid extra or anything?
Thanks!

i dont know what the pay is but even if its the same its still worth becuase i love it and i think i get supervisor numbers!

HSC
mlee72 said:
Thanks! it really is awesome

Does anybody know if i get supervisor numbers?
I don't think you do.
It depends.
When you say office cashier, are you up in the office for the whole day, or are you just there after close?
Because I (occassionally) do cashup/other close stuff, along with another girl, but we're only up there for 1.5 hours-2 hours max.
However, we also have people who are there for the whole shift.
One of our office cashiers has supervisor numbers, but she was a supervisor before being the office cashier. The girl before her didn't.
I wouldn't be expecting them, but they would be nice to have nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)