The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
milocole said:
Do the people you work for not give you any instructions at all??

Are they some kind of blob???
lol I reckon.. why are there all these questions on how to start work..

I don't work for Woolies [but Coles], but on the induction day, I had all the forms handed out to me and then the employer was like.. We'll do this form now, then this.. and if you have any questions on how to fill them out then ask us blah blah blah..

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
WTFs with that damn Butch dog roll advert? I am really pissed off with it and so is everyone in my store!! The person who decides what goes over the radio needs to be shot.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
/\ Ring the store and ask them...

I know this thread is also meant to help new employees but ahh so many questions about induction kits.

Whee 2 days off :D

HSC
It's ok to just hand in the Tax declaration form without having the tax file number on there...or just wait until you do get it and then hand it in. Just tell your store that you don't have your TFN yet and it'll be fine. For a month they'll just tax half your pay.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm preeeeety sure there's a box on those forums to tick which is like "i don't have a TFN yet, but i have applied for one" or along those lines

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
KaaN10 said:
After the induction do I get paid to a bank acc or in cash? Because the store I'm going to dont have my bank details.
well you better give them your bank details, because they ain't gonna pay you in cash. all payments are handed by national payroll, not instore

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Bank account. Well they should have your details, you'll give them in at the induction. If you haven't even been to the induction yet you shouldn't worry about this stuff as it'll get covered there.

Ashabella

HSC
Oh thank god someone invented this thread now I finally have somewhere to vent my frustrations!!!!

Don't you just hate those people who want the 'least offensive' picture on their cigarette box?? ahhhh

A guy came in the other day and asked for the least offensive picture and I just went 'ahhhh sure, which one' (there was a gangreen foot, mouth cancer, a dead baby and a dying kid) he just goes 'ummm the dying child will be good thanks'

FUCK!

I wanted to stab him!

anyway...

I work at Byron Bay woolies aka. the epitome of a 'freak show'.

Pretty much all the crazy people come there.
I have had about 4 40year olds ask me on dates. Oh yeah, did I mention i'm 17??
ew. Then there is this homeless bum who comes in and tells me how to do my job correctly. He claims he was the founder of woolworths and of course, he would know!
Then there's the OCD lady who wants every fucking item in a separate plastic bag! And I have to touch all her groceries in particular places so they don't get 'contaminated with germs'. AHHHH! Curse you crazy woolworths freaks!!!

I feel much better now.

Goodbye.

greekgun

HSC
Ashabella said:
Oh thank god someone invented this thread now I finally have somewhere to vent my frustrations!!!!

Don't you just hate those people who want the 'least offensive' picture on their cigarette box?? ahhhh

A guy came in the other day and asked for the least offensive picture and I just went 'ahhhh sure, which one' (there was a gangreen foot, mouth cancer, a dead baby and a dying kid) he just goes 'ummm the dying child will be good thanks'

FUCK!

I wanted to stab him!

anyway...

I work at Byron Bay woolies aka. the epitome of a 'freak show'.

Pretty much all the crazy people come there.
I have had about 4 40year olds ask me on dates. Oh yeah, did I mention i'm 17??
ew. Then there is this homeless bum who comes in and tells me how to do my job correctly. He claims he was the founder of woolworths and of course, he would know!
Then there's the OCD lady who wants every fucking item in a separate plastic bag! And I have to touch all her groceries in particular places so they don't get 'contaminated with germs'. AHHHH! Curse you crazy woolworths freaks!!!

I feel much better now.

Goodbye.
Woah, that ur work place sounds shit. I wouldnt even serve that lady if i had bag each one by itself and hold it in certain places. Wat a nutcase.

ytrbut

HSC
Hi all,

I managed to lock myself out of host access last night. Who should I speak to: SM, STM, SSM, DM (who I don't see very often), etc.? Is the process painful, and do I need to remember the password I chose (which I don't)?

Ta :)

ytrbut

HSC
KaaN10 said:
At the induction I was the only one not to join the union. Did I do the wrong thing?
From experience, no, unless you're going to take playing devil's advocate a touch too far (then you might need them!) :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ytrbut said:
Hi all,

I managed to lock myself out of host access last night. Who should I speak to: SM, STM, SSM, DM (who I don't see very often), etc.? Is the process painful, and do I need to remember the password I chose (which I don't)?

Ta :)
for real! i locked myself out of host as well! it wasn't accepting my password for some reason.

call the IT helpdesk on monday, ask them to reset your password, they'll ask a few questions to confirm your identity then reset it.

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
for real! i locked myself out of host as well! it wasn't accepting my password for some reason.

call the IT helpdesk on monday, ask them to reset your password, they'll ask a few questions to confirm your identity then reset it.
Maybe we should call them at the same time, see if they can handle the stress :)

Thanks much Townie. Good luck with getting it reset :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
some staff are so fkin dumb..

It took one of the newer staff members (been here for a few weeks) about an hour to put the chicken in the case & face up ... and it was freaking empty. She didn't bother filling it up & chucking new stock in. just put whatever was left over form last night in.

Took her another hour or 2 to do ne the fettas & salads (rotating and tub changing). Like, wtf. I wasn't that bad when i started to do opens..

On another note though, this weekend I had to stepup in my work. 2IC was sick and couldn't really do much, so I had to do her share of work as well.. basically whole sliced & shaved sections were managed by me. hmmm. On the slicer all day. so tired. -_-
not as easy as u think.

CieL

HSC
shinji said:
some staff are so fkin dumb..
They're not dumb... they're just not motivated to do anything...

If there are lots to do I tell them I need this done in X minutes, then you gotta do this, this, this then this.. fkn give them a bit of stress

If it's not good enough, tell them it's not good enough, then tell them what is good enough.

You might sound like a bitch but you're not getting paid extra to do their job as well.

ytrbut

HSC
CieL said:
They're not dumb... they're just not motivated to do anything...

If there are lots to do I tell them I need this done in X minutes, then you gotta do this, this, this then this.. fkn give them a bit of stress

If it's not good enough, tell them it's not good enough, then tell them what is good enough.

You might sound like a bitch but you're not getting paid extra to do their job as well.
There's three types of employees in each department: the people who work for themselves, the people who work for themselves and the team, and people who work for the company. The best for colleagues are #2, and the best for managers are #3. Get a solid core of team people who you get along with and are both reliable and competent (and willing to follow gentle instruction where necessary if you are in the IC chain), and you'll have a really successful and ...shockingly... enjoyable department.

Last edited:

ytrbut

HSC
Mark-AJ said:
Enjoyable department?

What is this concept you speak of?
A concept rarely achieved when you have enough staff to do what you need to do with ease, and having staff who are competent and motivated.

Yes, it's like the gold at the end of the rainbow, but we had it for a while :)

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Quick Question...
With My Staff Discount Card, is their a website when I can check for those days when there is "extra discounts" (ie- 20% off at DSE powerhouse)

Im purchasing a camcorder from Dick Smith Powerhouse soon, and I want to know if there is any Staff Specials coming up

Do I just have to rely on a note put on the fridge at work then???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)