• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
lol, screw you babikakez.

Seriously, lol, I worked 10 - 6. It got to be 4.30 and I was like *shit I still haven't taken a break* so I was about to find the store mgr (who is new) to let him know I was going to be gone until 5.30.
BUT then he found me. And, not knowing me all that well, he asked if I was trained in registers which, unfortunately, I am. So he guilt tripped me into working on an express lane 'just until it slowed down'.
Before long it was 5.30, and almost time to go home, so no break for me woo.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i've always wondered, in the bigger stores, does the Store Manager know all the checkout/normal staff?

Russdog

russell
HSC
i've always wondered, in the bigger stores, does the Store Manager know all the checkout/normal staff?
how bigs a bigger store?

in my shop the manager knows everyone's name, and is a pretty nice guy. pretty big shop.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
-customer service (cashier)
-cash handling (cashier)
-dispute resolution (supervisor)
-teamwork and teamleading (supervisor)
-independance (self serve)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Our store's fairly big.
Our store manager who left at the end of last week knew everybody's name, and would have a chat with virtually everyone who worked more than ten hours a week.
The new store manager is pretty cool, he already knows my name. I discovered this because I wasn't wearing a name badge and he still remembered. :D

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh, good, i think it's nice when the SM knows your name, like the SM knows all our names, but there's only 69 (not joking, that is the number) staff at our store

bouncingCats

HSC
Was doing some relief supervision on Friday night when the area manager happened to walk through the store looking around (at 9pm, wtf?). Was told off for keeping too many baskets at registers by the area manager (there were only 2 registers open + s/s) and I was told off by the duty manager for not telling her about the area manager (apparently she didn’t see him walk around our store).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Our store's 1.1m+ every week, so I guess it's fairly big.
Our store manager who left at the end of last week knew everybody's name, and would have a chat with virtually everyone who worked more than ten hours a week.
The new store manager is pretty cool, he already knows my name. I discovered this because I wasn't wearing a name badge and he still remembered. :D
haha, better than my manager.

I was working in the deli for about 1 year or so, and in during a period we were training deli members for the new rouse hill store/toongabbie.

I see him waking by and im like "Morning"
He says "hi,, are you here training for (insert store name)."
I'm ilke "no.. ive been working here for a year"
SM : "oh.. okay" *walks off*

ahaha wa the weirdest convo ever.

greekgun

HSC
Went into my local Safeway after work today, still in my coles uniform and everything, and i tel u wat i got some of the strangest stares from some of the workers. Anyway as i was heading down to the freezer section one of the workers stops me and asks me to leave. Anyway i just told him to piss off and went and got my icecream, paid and left but seriously some people take their job way too seriously.

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
Went into my local Safeway after work today, still in my coles uniform and everything, and i tel u wat i got some of the strangest stares from some of the workers. Anyway as i was heading down to the freezer section one of the workers stops me and asks me to leave. Anyway i just told him to piss off and went and got my icecream, paid and left but seriously some people take their job way too seriously.
Wow? I always see the occasional Coles staff walking around but it doesn't bother me or any other employees. I'd imagine a fair few Woolworths people shop at Coles.

Not really a big deal..

mlee72

HSC
I work at a fairly big store and of the 2 SM's ive worked under they only know cashiers names if there wearing a name badge and they dont know anythynig about frontend(i.e. call a service 10 when it busy they go to get bells and are like WTF?)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I'm forever walking in to different stores with my uniform on. I do get comments from the staff like 'Oh so we must be better than you'. I'm like grow up.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Wow? I always see the occasional Coles staff walking around but it doesn't bother me or any other employees. I'd imagine a fair few Woolworths people shop at Coles.

Not really a big deal..
coles and woolies are much the same ... however personally I prefer the produce and bread from woolworths. :haha:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
haha.
I did the same once, in My BigW uniform and went into Target in the same Westfield. Anyway, I needed to buy a Optus Sim Card, cause we ran out at BigW, and the assistant store manager was on the register (I always see her walking round our BigW Store..we are killing there store atm..) and she refused to sell if to me!!! So, when she wasnt looking, I went to another register, and quickly bought it, then walked out and she saw me and she went ape crazy at the checkout chick..so funny!!

Evolution2006

HSC
Woolworths Policy Concerning
Safeway Workers Property

hey guys, this past Friday Night @ 12am - 1am, 2 guys jumped on my 2ic nightfills Car on the roof which made a write off , plus they keyed the duty manager's Car and Damaged my other friends driver mirror, now this is question to all of them safeway Guys out there, if 3 safeway worker cars got stolen whos responsibility is for securty for our cars , this is espiallly to nightfiller, we park car close to the store and cars get damaged , after this happened , my friends @ work told one of other managers , and he could't care less , what do you you think?

ytrbut

HSC
I really don't think Woolworths can do much about such incidents, unless they own and operate the carpark. If it's a shopping centre or shopping mall-like setup, Centre Management are the people to talk to.

Most carparks nowadays will have a disclaimer of non-liability anyways, but talking to them regarding getting better security can't hurt.

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Our car park has a sign which states

'Woolworths accepts no responsibility for any damage caused to vehicles while in this car park"

However that's a crime so I would consider reporting it to the Police. Woolworths should then give them access to any CCTV footage they may have (If they have cameras in the carpark)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)