The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
WowPos SCO goes live on Tuesday,29th September for my store. We are all worried about how different it is gonna be! I`ll be doing my training on Thursday. Apparently, there is a 20-30 Minute DVD on it & A fairly thick Training Manual!

This is gonna be fun. NOT!

ekul444

HSC
N/A
WowPos SCO goes live on Tuesday,29th September for my store. We are all worried about how different it is gonna be! I`ll be doing my training on Thursday. Apparently, there is a 20-30 Minute DVD on it & A fairly thick Training Manual!

This is gonna be fun. NOT!
How many SCOs does your store have?
Some one previously wrote in this thread that WoWPOS SCO is designed for stores with huge numbers of SCO, but Id assume that they would roll it out across the whole network?
From what Ive seen (used it in a trial store) it is VERY different. There are some nice changes that will make customers lives easier though, so hopefully they do the rollout soon.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
^ Ah cool about Greggy-mate.

And that's exciting about the contract, are they divvied out much or is it mainly for replacing maternity leave n shit, do you know?
i suppose it comes down to cost versus benefits for the store

if your on a temp contract, you only accrue extra annual leave, they avoid OT for going over 36hrs, they dont have have to give you extra sick leave, AND the hrs dont count towards the calculation of a new base hour number (technically, if your avg hrs exceed your contracted hours over a year, you can ask for a new contract which has your avg hours).

If they knew you were leaving, i dont think they'd bother with a temp roster, because it means they wont have to give you the full 38hrs every week.

then again, they have other uses, e.g. new store in our area opening soon, one of my operators wants to transfer to get full time, but i want her to stay, and will give up one of my other operators to another store to give her full time in my store, but management wont let me sign up any new contracts at the moment, so we will compromise on a temp full time contract for the operator i want to keep.

T 360

HSC
How many SCOs does your store have?
Some one previously wrote in this thread that WoWPOS SCO is designed for stores with huge numbers of SCO, but Id assume that they would roll it out across the whole network?
From what Ive seen (used it in a trial store) it is VERY different. There are some nice changes that will make customers lives easier though, so hopefully they do the rollout soon.
We have 5 SCO`s. What changes are there? All I know that apparently there is a button for "Use New Bag",rather than waiting for the green lights.

What else is there?

ay0_x

HSC
I jsut had my Deli shift this afternoon. It isn't to hard, but at my Deli (Oakleigh, Melbourne) when there aren't any customers to serve it can get pretty boring.

You need to wear an apron and a hat (or one of those weird looking nets if you want). Pretty simple stuff to do, customer asks for certain amount of something (e.g 2KG Drum Sticks), you kind of estimate how many to put in (Ive only had one shift, but you quickly learn over time how many is what), put it on the scale, print the tag and done. Pretty simple, but I was still nervous for my first shift.
The deli question was from me.. but regardless...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
We have 5 SCO`s. What changes are there? All I know that apparently there is a button for "Use New Bag",rather than waiting for the green lights.

What else is there?
I only used it quickly as Iwas shopping in another store, so I didn't get time to have a good look. The few things I noticed quickly was the 'Use New Bag' button (thank god for that!!) the 'Look Up Item' is renamed to 'Fruit and Veg' (thats good, makes more sense) and 'Nuts and Snacks' are also on a seperate menu now (im guessing Bakery is too?)
I also think that there is no animations now (shame about that)

T360, can you please let us know how the training goes, what the other changes are, and how the transition goes in a week or so time =] Looking forward to hearing all about it....

T 360

HSC
I only used it quickly as Iwas shopping in another store, so I didn't get time to have a good look. The few things I noticed quickly was the 'Use New Bag' button (thank god for that!!) the 'Look Up Item' is renamed to 'Fruit and Veg' (thats good, makes more sense) and 'Nuts and Snacks' are also on a seperate menu now (im guessing Bakery is too?)
I also think that there is no animations now (shame about that)

T360, can you please let us know how the training goes, what the other changes are, and how the transition goes in a week or so time =] Looking forward to hearing all about it....
I will. It sounds like it is gonna be a NIGHTMARE! also, one thing I hop they have is a "Soft Drinks/Heavy Items" Menu,for things like the 30 packs of coke.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
I will. It sounds like it is gonna be a NIGHTMARE! also, one thing I hop they have is a "Soft Drinks/Heavy Items" Menu,for things like the 30 packs of coke.
Yeah, that menu would be great, especially now that the PDAs are gone...
Im kinda looking forward to it, itll shake things up a bit, make the day more interesting :p
But at the same time I agree with you, Itll probably be a massive nightmare, :bomb:haha.. Havnt heard anything about our store getting it so will just have to wait and see. =]

wantedfrozen

HSC
Woolworths entering DIY market (i.e. Bunnings) - anyone plan to work there when first store opens, wherever it may be?

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
How would one overcome boredom in a Nightfill position?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Good Bye Woolworths...Well the Brand anyway.

Progressive Enterprises NZ today announced they are scrapping both Woolworths and Foodtown and rebranding them as 'Countdown'. I don't really care what they do but what I don't understand is why they don't rebrand them all under 'Woolworths'. It would make more sense.

Oh well, doesn't make much difference, it's still the same company paying my wages lol.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, new checkseals policy. no more checkseals for stuff that is for immediate consumption, parcel pickuo or home delivery as long as you keep your receipt. will be a new checkseal that is just a sticker, dont need to write anything on it.

edit: also, fucking lol, fire alarm went of and we had our first ever evacuation (since i've been there anyway), several lol things happened.

1. I was SS and told my operators to stop serving immediatley as soon as i heard about evacuation. this lady is behind a customer, and is like "but what about my chips, i've got a party!" i'm like "sorry, we have to evacuate" she's like "this is RIDICULOUS" and THROWS her chips on the floor and storms out.

2. when we were outside we were all wondering where our OC was, as she is supposed to mark off the roll, she shows up from accross the road, and when we tell her we were wondering where she was to mark us out, she does the really funny half hearted headcount of us and is like "oh yeah, we're all here, i think"

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
1. I was SS and told my operators to stop serving immediatley as soon as i heard about evacuation. this lady is behind a customer, and is like "but what about my chips, i've got a party!" i'm like "sorry, we have to evacuate" she's like "this is RIDICULOUS" and THROWS her chips on the floor and storms out.
Again, I really do wonder how someone could have such a sense of entitlement to think that you would finish serving them BEFORE you evacuated the store.

brendonkeall

HSC
Monday-Friday:8-9
Saturday:8-5:30
Sunday:9-6

8-Big Checkouts
4-Express
6-SS

Interesting to see how long this new check seal thing works out! It's good for me in my lunch breaks, but I think its gonna be a big failure...

SS-champion

HSC
Re: WoWPoS SCO
I have read the instruction manual and watched the dvd.
Basically it is new software that looks very 'old school' and looks like we have gone backwards (no longer made by NCR) :( when I asked the IT-Help desk if it was anymore reliable they said definitely not! After reading the manual I can't really see many benefits of the new software.

Changes:
1. New green bag button, but you still have to wait for the green lights.
2. 'Fruit + Veg', 'Nuts + Snacks' and 'Bakery' buttons instead of Look up Item... good
3. In the assistance mode you can bring up the WowPos screen like our normal registers... which is good :)
4. Heavy Items button only calls for assistance... then the attendant can log in and use the WowPos to look up item in soft drink menu.
5. Cash/Change order routines are basically the same as before but the terminology has changed: eg. 'ATM Cash Office' instead of 'Cash/Paper Status'.
6. You have to go into the WowPos assistance mode to do voids.

That's about it, any questions just ask me :)

...don't actually know when our store is getting it yet but most likely soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)