• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
One day my SSM was talking to me just as I went to say a service 30 over the PA and instead of saying that I said "you're right" to her over the PA lol... oops. At least it wasn't anything bad... lol we just laughed for the next 2 minutes haha.

HSC
One day my SSM was talking to me just as I went to say a service 30 over the PA and instead of saying that I said "you're right" to her over the PA lol... oops. At least it wasn't anything bad... lol we just laughed for the next 2 minutes haha.
"Can I please have an assistant from meat to the service desk...actually no....perishables...sorry"
leaves the call for 5 secs and tries again later.

I suck at the PA. Not so much as one of my other supervisors, no one can understand her over the PA. Her close call goes like this:

Attenshuncustomerstimenow5oclockwoolworthsrockinghamcityCLOSSSSSSSSED"

like that quick, no breath, emphasis on closed.

We always do a second call after that ;)

HSC

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
"Attention Customers, please be advised that this store will cease trading in 5 minutes time, when the time is 9pm, we'd ask customers to please assist staff by selecting their final items and making their way to the registers. On behalf of staff and management, we'd like to thank you for shopping here at Woolworths Metro Boronia Park, the Fresh Food People"

although i do change it up like, on christmas eve at the end "on bahalf of staff and management we'd like to wish all our customers the very best for christmas, and remind them that we will closed over christmas and boxing day and will re-open for trade on Sunday the 27th of December"

or for NYE "we'd like to wish all our customers all the best for 2010, and hope you will continue shopping with us in the new year"

Last edited:
HSC
although i do change it up like, on christmas eve at the end "on bahalf of staff and management we'd like to wish all our customers the very best for christmas, and remind them that we will closed over christmas and boxing day and will re-open for trade on Sunday the 27th of December"

or for NYE "we'd like to wish all our customers all the best for 2010, and hope you will continue shopping with us in the new year"
That is being far too keen.

More like - yes we are open new years day, but half our staff will be puking over bag racks, so you might not want to come in.
True story, though not broadcast over pa :/

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
That is being far too keen.

More like - yes we are open new years day, but half our staff will be puking over bag racks, so you might not want to come in.
i'm the Queen of the PA at my store, give me a product, and the price, and i'll just sell it over the PA

mlee72

HSC
i'm the Queen of the PA at my store, give me a product, and the price, and i'll just sell it over the PA
Our close call : Good evening customers and welcome to Woolworths XXXXXXX, I would just like to remind you of our store trading hours for today they are 8 to 9 / 8 to 5 / 9 to6. As the time is 15/10/5 to x o clock this store will cease trading very shortly we ask that you select your final items and head towards our checkouts. I would like to take this oppourtunity to thank you for shopping with us here tonight at wooloworths XXXXXX the freshest of the fresh food people. And just a reminder our store will recommence trading tomorrow morning at X o clock.

Pa stuff ups: (with a carton of smokes in hands) longlife service 40 location 12, longbeach service 40 loction 12

Craven

HSC
Our SM/STM etc don't like warning calls but if there are a lot of people in the store and the duty manager doesn't care we will do one. Whenever I'm on nights I don't bother doing a call.. there's usually only 1 customer left and I just go up to them and kick them out... but if I do a call its like this "Attention Customers we wish to advise that this store has now closed. Could you kindly assist our staff by finalising your selections and making your way through to the checkouts with their lights on." and if I can be bothered to finish the spiel... "This store will reopen tomorrow morning at 8am and on behalf of management and staff I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for shopping this evening at Woolworths, the fresh food people". Haha....

Treefeet

HSC
Our store always makes a call at the end of the night, about 10mins before close.. and then one at midnight. The midnight ones are pretty funny depending who is running the show.

But getting back to PA's.. we have 1 PA in between 2 registers.. so 7 altogether on front end. But we need one in self-serve.. altho i mostly go to express to use the PA.. its only 5 steps away but by then.. all 6 self-serves could be playing up.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
LOL so true! I wish NYD trading could be like Anzac day, so people would have the mornings to try and get over the hangover.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Our close call is always done 5-10 minutes after close,and it goes like this:

"Attention Customers.As the time is now past 5/6/9 oclock,this store is officially closed. We would like to ask you to assist us by making your way towards the checkouts,and finalizing your purchases. And we would like to thank you for shopping at Woolworths Riverton."

I wish that we would do warning calls. That would be HEAVEN!!

ishinova

HSC
ok here is a question

I needed a price check for eggs
I called service 40 long life >where ours are placed<
but to be blasted by long life for not calling pershiables?
what would you call?

As I told him all food perishs no matter what section it is in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)