The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
apparently my store is having a sale next week on monday. 50% off selected stock storewide. Is this happening at your stores as well?

and i've been in a situation where a person exited the store with stolen stock through the firedoor at the backdock. me and a bunch of staff started going after them and then he pulled a knife on us and we just quickly ran back in.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
apparently my store is having a sale next week on monday. 50% off selected stock storewide. Is this happening at your stores as well?

and i've been in a situation where a person exited the store with stolen stock through the firedoor at the backdock. me and a bunch of staff started going after them and then he pulled a knife on us and we just quickly ran back in.
id say so.. do they ever have selected store sales.. unless you have a heap of stuff going out of date..

tomorrow is my 1st day since tuesday and saturday should be my last day for a week..

taking some personal leave hopefully

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
id say so.. do they ever have selected store sales.. unless you have a heap of stuff going out of date..
My store has a "selected store sale" ;)
Permanent specials in bakery department on about 8 key lines, which no other store has. :evilfire:
So gay.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Um um um afaik, simpler user interface on workstations, applications serving more than one purpose, overhaul of Back Office...
Can't remember what else :p

EDIT: But it will be very different.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
eesh last night was sooo bad. Had to train 3 newbies on checkouts....

So, we had this guy transfer over to checkouts from produce cause he hurt his back (I was thinking WTF checkouts is the worst place to go...) anyways so I had to train him from the very beginning, which I thought fair enough cause he transferred.

Meanwhile there was another 3 newbies with the 2IC doing some training downstairs, but then they finally finished so they came up to work on checkouts about 8.00pm.

So we had the SCO attendant, the supervisor, a girl who has been there a very long time, me, a guy whos been there a little while (but he was doing cleaning), a new guy whos been there 2 weeks, the guy Ive just trained... and now we've got 3 newbies who we have to buddy up with.
So the the other girl took one and I had the other two...

I was so surprised, when I started at Woolies I did the Company Induction and then 2 department specific training sessions (aka Checkout training). Now staff come straight to the store and their first shift with no training whatsoever. what the hell is the deal with that!!!!!

So, we got 4 checkouts open. None of the staff serving had been there longer than 2 weeks. 4 of the 5 staff started last night. Needless to say despite being not that busy we were struggling to get customers through. Most were pretty understanding and very chatty and helpful to me and the operator.

At one point a customer came through with a full trolley and green bags and I thought oh shit we are gonna be here forever. I didnt want to tell the new girl to go a bit quicker cause she was trying really hard, and packing fairly well. So I scanned and got her to pack, so that she 'could get some practice packing' it went OK, but the checkouts really aren't designed for 2 people....
It was such a long night. I just wanted to jump on there and do it myself, but they did really well considering they were chucked onto a big checkout with no training, relying on me to guide them through...

Ahhh, ok Im done :p but it was a very different night to the usual so wanted to share it somewhere :D

Last edited:

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Sounds like you had a painful night ekul, I've got 16:30 - 21:15 (close) tonight on SCO. :(
haha yeah, it was only painful because the 5 hour shift felt like an eternity. although my alternative to the training was SCO so its a toss up which wouldve been better :p

ekul444

HSC
N/A
haha yes, although I wasn't given much of a choice..
Haha its ok, i probably wont do training for a very long time, if ever again, ive got plenty more chances to have a fun, interesting night in SCO ;)
and from next week I am totally stuck doing SCO thursday nights - i will be the only SCO trained person working :S

NNS7

HSC
N/A
err this sounds a bit bizzare,I think your just talking about next weeks ad, next week wc 28/06 is the beginning of the new financial year so buying and marketing are going hard to shore up sales and 1st qtr numbers. The brochure is full of half price lines but this is for all stores, in nsw at least, grocery and perishables have heaps of lines half price or just whole dollar savings like coles "dollar dazzlers". we got mc cain healthy choice in half price, gonna walk the door! my STM is like "you better be PA selling the shit out of that"!!

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
err this sounds a bit bizzare,I think your just talking about next weeks ad, next week wc 28/06 is the beginning of the new financial year so buying and marketing are going hard to shore up sales and 1st qtr numbers. The brochure is full of half price lines but this is for all stores, in nsw at least, grocery and perishables have heaps of lines half price or just whole dollar savings like coles "dollar dazzlers". we got mc cain healthy choice in half price, gonna walk the door! my STM is like "you better be PA selling the shit out of that"!!
thats a good plan..

perishables and longlife never pa sell anything in my store.. its just deli/seafood, liquor and bakery that do them..

i had to do a pa call and phonecall tonight.. we were really busy and i got told to answer the phone... then people were lining up so had to do a service 20..

then i got to go home :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Correct me if i'm wrong;

not sure what service 10 is.
but
40 = Customer Assistance - usually used by checkouts people.
50 = ?
60 = ?
70 = ?
80 = Empty rubbish bins.
90 = ?
100 = store theft/security - not sure if that's used anymore
200 = Product recall.

We have a list of what they a ctually mean next to our PA. Shall checkitout and take note next time.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yeah it is the ads for next week.

Shortcut bacon is going to fly out the window ..

@7.99/KG - it's cheaper than Middle bacon rashes & a bit more expensive than perishables shortcut homebrance bacon.

=/

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
10 - Service Supervisor
20 - Service Required
30 - Phone Call (technically, 30 should be 31, 32, 33 etc depending on which line it is, but this rarely occurs)
40 - Price Check
50 - Used to be pickup, think it's now First Aid
60 - Cleanup Required/Breakage
70- Building Emergency
80 - Bins are open
90 - Phone call for the store manager
100 - Security
200 - Product Recall

Also, service 0 seems to be an unofficial service call for safety check.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
10 - Service Supervisor
20 - Service Required
30 - Phone Call (technically, 30 should be 31, 32, 33 etc depending on which line it is, but this rarely occurs)
40 - Price Check
70- Building Emergency
80 - Bins are open
100 - Security
200 - Product Recall

At my store,we always use the Service 31,32,33 etc Call. Also,we use Service 15 - Visitor

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
10 - Service Supervisor
20 - Service Required
40 - Price Check
70- Building Emergency
80 - Bins are open
100 - Security
200 - Product Recall

i stand corrected. O;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)