The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
You mean the homeshop department at 'woolies'?
Yeah homeshop. By the way, i cannot wait for the move. THe grocery staff and the fill crews treat us homeshoppers like garbbage. I'm guessing that they get annoyed when we ask them were a product is because they didnt' put it in the right spot on the shelf. Sorry i am just ranting atm.

HSC
As for the factory thing, i'm not entirely sure. I just heard rumors that we were moving a to a new location in a specially designed building. Perhaps it's just an extension of another store. I really have no idea.

Jolyon

HSC
The lovely moment of the day when I am about to go home and the SM comes and tell me to fit two full time inventory staff into front end for the next. Spent an hour going through the grids fitting them in and calling casuals to can their shifts. Shit day!

quick90

HSC
As for the factory thing, i'm not entirely sure. I just heard rumors that we were moving a to a new location in a specially designed building. Perhaps it's just an extension of another store. I really have no idea.
I worked in homeshop (now called online shopping) for a while. I even did my managers relief for a month, and had the same experience!. other departments really do treat you like crap, They just see you as getting in their way.

iwantfreeesays how many orders on average would you get a day?

nanakid12

HSC
The lovely moment of the day when I am about to go home and the SM comes and tell me to fit two full time inventory staff into front end for the next. Spent an hour going through the grids fitting them in and calling casuals to can their shifts. Shit day!
Ha screw that!

Woo doing my first solo open today... only an hour and a half away! Exciting stuff right?! :p I get to supervise 7:30 to 12:30 then the other super will take over then, and I shall return to being a humble peasant operator :)

Jolyon

HSC
Ha screw that!

Woo doing my first solo open today... only an hour and a half away! Exciting stuff right?! :p I get to supervise 7:30 to 12:30 then the other super will take over then, and I shall return to being a humble peasant operator :)
It is my weekend off and the CSM still on holidays. I told the supervisor in charge any problems call me ASAP. I am so glad my service manager will be back to do the easter rosters. I do not want to do those haha

nanakid12

HSC
Ohhh did they need your assistance or it all run smoothly?

Well, I turn up to work yesterday morning and turns out that I'm supervising the whole day instead, because the usual in charge super was actually more sick than she was letting on, so she stayed home. Was good though, I'll have to learn how to manage my time better because I was one down, and then one of my three staff had to help clean in the deli half hour before closing time, and basically was rushing around doing everything in the last half hour.

Twas a whole new experience though :) also, was collecting trollies the other day and there were some kids taking cigarette butts outta the smoke tins we've got in the car park, cause they so cool. So I went and bought a bottle of disinfectant, poured it in all the tins. Problem solvered :D

nanakid12

HSC
So, just to liven up the discussion again, what's everyone think of "Fresh or Free"?! At first, we took it to mean everything that is refunded, but our store manager quickly shut us down saying that we only do it when its a quality issue. I still don't completely understand it though. The woolies website shows stuff that is different to the team talk I read (well it leaves it out anyways).

WEBSITE: http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/website/woolworths/freshfoodideas/freshorfree

So we have to give the customer a refund on the original product, plus a product of similar size and line/flavour, using the Scanning Policy button? The Woolies website said only "fresh food" items, but the team talk said EVERYTHING in the store except gift cards, tobacco and liquor, prepaid vouchers, all that. It's contradictory and I still don't understand it thoroughly. Hopefully its one of those things that we hardly ever have to deal with :p

A lady had apparently asked the produce assistant working tonight if she could have a capsicum (which was a bit mushy in the corner) for free because its damaged, but I was under the impression we aren't allowed to sell it if we know it's damaged? The produce girl said we can't do that anyway, and said you'd have to buy it first and then go and get a refund from the service desk.

URGH!! Confusing!

britto89

HSC
i think you have to return the item as damaged (otherwise it would stuff up produce counts if you are just throwing it in the bin) and then for the replacement item use scanning code refund. hopefully they develop a refund type called "Fresh or Free" to allow them to better track how much is actually being given away as a result of the program.

I will only be doing refunds for items sold from a fresh food department (meat, produce, deli, seafood, bakehouse (not Prop. Bake) and will be looking at the dates on the docket or the dates printed on the bread or deli ticket. Since i'm not accepting someone returning something they purchased last week from the deli and are saying its not fresh anymore.

And lastly. This is going to suck as produce refunds are a pain in the arse because unlike the old POS the WOWPOS system doesn't allow you to simply key in the weight when refunding produce. You will need to specifically go to a register with a scale which is rare for smokeshop as its only in the latest layout design of the service desk.

nanakid12

HSC
Whenever I refund someone produce, even if the weight is like a kilo more than the product they're returning, i just give it to them for free. It probably stuffs up produce counts and all, but I like to keep the customer happy, which is what we're all about, right? :)

Also, imathew yea i do that too, but in this case the customer wanted to get the capsicum for free when she hadn't even bought it yet. But I'm fairly sure we can't sell it if it's damaged, right? And even if she did buy it and come back to refund, she would get a fresh capsicum for free + her money back.

This is all very very confusing. I think I'll have to clarify some stuff with my CSM tonight. Work in exactly 1 hour 58 minutes, so pumped :p

Last edited:

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
And lastly. This is going to suck as produce refunds are a pain in the arse because unlike the old POS the WOWPOS system doesn't allow you to simply key in the weight when refunding produce. You will need to specifically go to a register with a scale which is rare for smokeshop as its only in the latest layout design of the service desk.
Yes it does. I entered the weight for a refund just last night.

HSC
I worked in homeshop (now called online shopping) for a while. I even did my managers relief for a month, and had the same experience!. other departments really do treat you like crap, They just see you as getting in their way.

iwantfreeesays how many orders on average would you get a day?
well we do two shifts. On in the day and one in the night. Per shift we get on average 2-3 trucks with about 15 order in each.

britto89

HSC
What we really need is a function to enter weight for fruit and veg, not just refund.
Yeah. The ability to enter a weight was what i was talking about. Obviously you can just refund a dump to produce.

Craven

HSC
What are you talking about? You can enter a manual weight for refunds. Select the refund type, enter the weight in kg then press "weight" and then select the item in lookup and confirm the price per kg.

britto89

HSC
What are you talking about? You can enter a manual weight for refunds. Select the refund type, enter the weight in kg then press "weight" and then select the item in lookup and confirm the price per kg.
Nice. I wasn't aware of this function.

nanakid12

HSC
Hey, how are you supposed to properly dump weighed produce? I couldn't figure it out using the SVR menu > disc dump > Produce, which only asks for a certain price.

What I did was just enter a random number (say 64748492) from the sales screen, then it came up with th whole GEN HOST ERROR screen. I the went Unknown Item > Produce > Produce Weighed, and was able to enter the per kilo price from there, which the register adjusted correctly. Though it did print a NOT ON FILE report which would likely have been recorded somewhere...

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Nah I'm talking about a way to manually enter a weight for non-refunds, e.g. smokeshop registers so so you can fix refunds up properly without having to go to a full register.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)