The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
Hey guys I would be interested to see what you find out about 1-Pos. (I work front-end).
Have you heard about Chronis (or similar spelt)?
It is apparently replacing People Planner and is supposed to make rostering easier as it knows people's availablities and is based on a 24 hr cycle instead of a 36hr cycle which solves over-time payment issues.
Anything replacing people planner can only be good news

BSammy

HSC
I could do a shit on the pay office desk and it would do a better job than people planner and wlp.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I will see what I can find on storenet tonight.

The two ideas where the replier mentioned 1POS was one about SCO and being able to shut off payment types (ie. no cash - the customer has to pass a screen acknowledging that cash payment is unavailable) and another was being able to do automatic PA messages via the POS.

edit: here's the links: https://www.allyours.com/benefits/ideas/idea.html?ideaid=123&page=7
https://www.allyours.com/benefits/ideas/idea.html?ideaid=112&page=7

Apparently StoreNET says it has a masters style PA Calling system..

bensneddon

HSC
Hey guys I would be interested to see what you find out about 1-Pos. (I work front-end).
Have you heard about Chronis (or similar spelt)?
It is apparently replacing People Planner and is supposed to make rostering easier as it knows people's availablities and is based on a 24 hr cycle instead of a 36hr cycle which solves over-time payment issues.
Big W (and I think Dan Murphy's) use Kronos time clocks instead of PeopleKey finger scanners. Presumably they might use Kronos time and attendance labour management software instead of People Planner.

Also, I believe Kronos is what 'drives' the Online Rosters functionality through AllYours. Hopefully if Kronos software is rolled out into supermarkets, there should be less issues with inaccurate rosters when late changes are made.

People Planner is pretty good once you know how to use it, much like Back Office was before ISIS was rolled out.

People Planner knows availabilities of staff if it is used properly.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
My friend looked it up on StoreNet. Apparently it is a replacement for wowPOS that is meant to come out in September, with BIG improvements.
At a guess, I would say that it might migrate all POS to a Windows 7 (or less likely, Windows 8) back end.

WoWPOS is built on Windows XP, for which Microsoft are discontinuing extended support on April 8 2014. This represents a pretty large risk to the company if not addressed well in advance of this date.

BSammy

HSC
People Planner is pretty good once you know how to use it, much like Back Office was before ISIS was rolled out.

People Planner knows availabilities of staff if it is used properly.
Yeah I was exaggerating a little. I remember being disappointed when WLP appeared as an add on to the old program instead of a proper upgrade.

the way to go

HSC
hmm staff discount discontinued on tobacco products now

any upgrade to our pos systems can only be a good thing right? apart from new training, different layouts, getting used to the new system, bugs, our already wonderful tech support...

any one know if the concept stores (like wolli creek) are already using these?

cuteyazn

HSC
Hi, I would be working a shift in Big W that start when the store should be still closing, so the front door would be close, so I want to ask if I enter the store via the back door but I'm afraid that I might accidentally activate the alarm when opening the back so I want to ask what should I do

PS: This is not my first shift but it is my first shift where I would working when the store would be opening not when it is closing

Thanks

the way to go

HSC
Hi, I would be working a shift in Big W that start when the store should be still closing, so the front door would be close, so I want to ask if I enter the store via the back door but I'm afraid that I might accidentally activate the alarm when opening the back so I want to ask what should I do

PS: This is not my first shift but it is my first shift where I would working when the store would be opening not when it is closing

Thanks
either enter through the front when stores still open or there should be a doorbell to ring at the back door so someone knows to let you in, ours is a industrial looking green button with WOW LTD labeled on it. you can open ours from the outside though so might be different for you

BSammy

HSC
Are there penalty rates for working Australia Day this year?
Permanent staff will get penalty rates for either the saturday(26th) or the monday(28th). but not both.

Casual staff will only be paid penalty rates for the monday.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Apparently I'm supervising on the Sat 26th. Will be interesting if I'm working on Monday 28th, I'll have to make sure they pay me public holiday rates for the Saturday and not the Monday!

BSammy

HSC
As long as it's the longer shift, that's the one you want.

(I'm assuming you're not casual, right?)

BSammy

HSC
hmm staff discount discontinued on tobacco products now

Yeah, starts soon doesn't it?

Brilliant. :)

I mean I'm in VIC, so it's the law here, luckily woolies decided the rest of the states can deal with it too. As long as they don't touch my booze, I'm happy.

BSammy

HSC
Sure they would. It's not their choice however. :D

"7.4.1 If a full-time or part-time employee is ordinarily rostered to work on the actual public
holiday and the substituted day, then that employee shall elect which day shall be the
public holiday and receive the standard public holiday benefits on that day."

Edit: (I'm not entirely sure about being flex'd up, but I don't see anything against it, apart from that word "ordinarily".)

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
So you can choose which day you get paid public holiday rates? Cos I've just found out I'm supervising 7:30am-5:30pm on Australia Day. I'm also contracted for supervising the Monday from 7:30am-11:30pm, then operator from 12:30pm-4:30pm.

Our store isn't usually open on public holidays... so does that mean that if we are closed on the Monday, that I will be paid double time and a half for the Saturday? Cos that will be freaking amazing amount of money if I do haha.

Will I have to tell my CSM? Or will they automatically do it?

Cheers :)

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
So you can choose which day you get paid public holiday rates? Cos I've just found out I'm supervising 7:30am-5:30pm on Australia Day. I'm also contracted for supervising the Monday from 7:30am-11:30pm, then operator from 12:30pm-4:30pm.

Our store isn't usually open on public holidays... so does that mean that if we are closed on the Monday, that I will be paid double time and a half for the Saturday? Cos that will be freaking amazing amount of money if I do haha.

Will I have to tell my CSM? Or will they automatically do it?

Cheers :)
Tell your SSO or whoever processes your pay in the Cash Office - we all received a memo regarding public holidays and People Planner flagging.

I'd say you'd get paid the 250% on the Saturday, and ordinary rates for the Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)