The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Is anyone able to help me? I need to print out a bunch of standard shelf tickets, but I do not want the price to be on there, just the description/ref number of the product to be on there. I've seen some tickets on the shelves (primarily in produce) like this... cheers

subtekjr

HSC
Is anyone able to help me? I need to print out a bunch of standard shelf tickets, but I do not want the price to be on there, just the description/ref number of the product to be on there. I've seen some tickets on the shelves (primarily in produce) like this... cheers
As far as I'm aware, the only way to do something similar is to print a 2p/p ticket and cut the price. It might not display the description properly.

But this is from a WA regional Produce worker, the only ones we have left really are 6pp, 4pp, A4 and 2pp for fruit and veg items.

Do a search on the RF gun if you need to, as you generate the tickets, instead of putting a number in for the shelf talker, press S. It will come up with all available numbers.

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Something to do with all the boxes on top of the aisles but I'm not enitely sure what it means tbh. A few weeeks ago I started seeing boxes, mainly Christmas shit, start to appear on top of shelves.

astroman

HSC
o, not bad, this overnight fill or just evening nightfill?
nightfill as in, 8-12am, after midnight you get bonus pay, on Sundays double. Highly unlikely you will stay as a casual though, after 2 or 3 weeks they put you on as part time, dropping your pay to 21.

astroman

HSC
Anyone know how to request leave? I've requested through successfactors but hasn't been approved by my manager, it just says sent.

BSammy

HSC
Anyone know how to request leave? I've requested through successfactors but hasn't been approved by my manager, it just says sent.
yeah that's how you do it. now it's up to your line manager to approve it in their SF.

if it takes a long time probably remind them. if they're as useless as some of our dept managers :p

Xantios

HSC
N/A
What does capping mean??
It's all the overheads on the top of the aisle shelving. Most stores will have them littered with Christmas stock currently. Long time ago the protocol was that loose stock could be stored on the capping.

subtekjr

HSC
How is the pay at woolies for casual and part time 19yo?
Contracted rates for 19 year olds is $17.67 at the moment for Grade 2 workers (In West Australia at least, it may differ state to state). You would be Grade 1 for a little while, then move to Grade 2 once you're off probation. Casuals get 20% loading, so $21.20 an hour. From 12am-5am Monday-Friday, you get an additional 30% additive loading, so you end up with $26.51 an hour.

Luckily, most nightfillers will do 7-12, full timers doing 3-12, 3:30-12 or 4-12, so it's rare they have to pay the 30% extra loading.

19 year olds gets 80% of regular wages as Junior rates!

astroman

HSC
Got work rostered next tuesday and wednesday but I have exams those days that finish late and I won't be able to make it to work on time. Anyone know whether or not the leave will go out of personal or annual leave and whether or not I get paid for those days?

BSammy

HSC
Got work rostered next tuesday and wednesday but I have exams those days that finish late and I won't be able to make it to work on time. Anyone know whether or not the leave will go out of personal or annual leave and whether or not I get paid for those days?
unless you have a very understanding line manager or office person,(or if you lie :p ) you won't get paid sick.
and you might get annual but again that will need to be organised with line manager.

if none of the above, unpaid.

HSC
Contracted rates for 19 year olds is $17.67 at the moment for Grade 2 workers (In West Australia at least, it may differ state to state). You would be Grade 1 for a little while, then move to Grade 2 once you're off probation. Casuals get 20% loading, so $21.20 an hour. From 12am-5am Monday-Friday, you get an additional 30% additive loading, so you end up with $26.51 an hour.

Luckily, most nightfillers will do 7-12, full timers doing 3-12, 3:30-12 or 4-12, so it's rare they have to pay the 30% extra loading.

19 year olds gets 80% of regular wages as Junior rates!
Ahh, haha ye I got an offer today for a metro store at Woolies, it's Grade 1 pay which means it's probably around high 16s, :L Probably won't work there since I got an offer at Coles which is $24.67/hr.

Anyone got any suggestions on how/when I should let the manager know I don't want the job anymore? Should I let him know a few weeks later, or as soon as possible? I already accepted offer and booked induction next week..

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Well if you got induction next week and you're not planning to show up you probably should let Woolies know asap. Dunno if I'm missing something but that should be common sense?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It's all the overheads on the top of the aisle shelving. Most stores will have them littered with Christmas stock currently. Long time ago the protocol was that loose stock could be stored on the capping.
Not that long ago :wink: :cold:

J14

HSC
Why hasn't self serve checkout bagging area scales been turned back on? It sees to work so smoothly now they've sort of mastered the tech... (Coles/Kmart) having to watch 6 checkouts at a time is kinda impossible especially when half your customers are stealing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)