The world is coming to an end (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Fuck you Dean. You've brought out all the fucking dumb shit heads and fundies cunts from out of their hideyholes to rant about armageddon. Fuck you.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
Plz to be sharing this information.

YOU CAN'T DO THIS. YOU CAN'T SAY THAT THERE IS LOTS OF PROOF HUMANS AND DINOSAURS COEXISTED, AND THEN SAY YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE EVIDENCE IS.

ABORIGINALS DREW A LOT OF SHIT STICK FIGURES IN CAVES 40,000 YEARS AGO AND THERE AINT NO T-REXES
Yeah.
I was saying , I DIDNT KNOW of any evidence. I don't think I have heard any. I HAVE heard a person reason out why they believe dino's and people coexisted.
My post was a bit gay because the arguments this guy presented , could probably be said to be simply his interpretation of some facts.

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Yeah.
I was saying , I DIDNT KNOW of any evidence. I don't think I have heard any. I HAVE heard a person reason out why they believe dino's and people coexisted.
My post was a bit gay because the arguments this guy presented , could probably be said to be simply his interpretation of some facts.
No, you're an idiot.

You quite clearly said that there was a lot of evidence to support that humans and dinosaurs coexisted.
When it was obvious nobody would take your statement at face value, you backtracked.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Sometimes I think I believe in God but then I snap out of it because, you know, that's just fucking retarded, and this thread would go some way to explaining why...

Jesus faked being born to a virgin? what?
Drasko Dizdar: When I teach theology and when we come to the dogmas of the church, I say to my students, don’t think of them as law, don’t think of them as history or biology or science of any kind, try and think of them as titles of poems. So if you take a dogma like the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, for example, so problematic for a lot of people because they think of it in terms of either law or history or worst of all biology and can’t get over it, it becomes a stumbling block. To me it is a title to a poem about our essential humanity. It says that our humanity was created to be free from the powers of evil. That’s what the Immaculate Conception bit means - created free from the power of evil to be happy, to be blessed, and to be free. That is ultimately what a virgin is, a woman who is free, and it is a free, blessed and happy humanity that is able to incarnate God. To my mind this dogma of the Immaculate Conception, read as a poem about our human nature, is a beautiful poem and a very liberating one. Read it as history or biology or science and then you have got problems.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/relig/enc/stories/s1364284.htm

brigittaclare

HSC
if dinosaurs and humans co-existed why did humans survive and dinosaurs more or less become extinct?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
No, you're an idiot.

You quite clearly said that there was a lot of evidence to support that humans and dinosaurs coexisted.
When it was obvious nobody would take your statement at face value, you backtracked.
No. That is idiotic.
I dont back down from what i believe unless i have good reason.
Not worth arguing such a stupid point with you.
You dont want to know what I meant. You want to be a cow.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
No. That is idiotic.
I'm interested to know whether there are actually any reasonable arguments to say that humans and dinosaurs lived together. Becuase I just googled it (making sure to spell all the words right so I could filter out the REALLY stupid stuff) and got

http://www.creationists.org/mananddinos.html

The evolutionism myth is used to promote the erroneous belief that humans and dinosaurs lived millions of years apart from each other. Children and adults are indoctrinated with this 'belief' starting from early childhood with books that teach it. It's reinforced in the public school system, the media and the entertainment industry. Recent examples include the highly misleading TV documentary called Walking with Dinosaurs that aired on the Discovery Channel, and the History Channel's The Quest for Dinosaurs program.

The Bible clearly teaches that humans and dinosaurs (called "dragons" in the past) were created on the same day. One must engage in hermeneutical back flips to interpret the Bible in any other way on this point. It also goes on to describe interactions between humans and these creatures.

Close-up of a 3-toed dinosaur footprint in the mud taken in 1966. Click here to read more about it.

(click on image above to see full size version)

What many people are not aware of is that there exists a considerable body of evidence that supports the biblical claim of human/dinosaur interaction. Some of this evidence suggests that this may be happening even today in certain parts of the world like the African Congo, and even here in the United States.

This evidence exists in many forms. Some examples include:
1. Eye witness accounts by many people of creatures that are exactly like dinosaurs in appearance. The descriptions include not only sightings, but people actually hunting and killing them are being killed by them. These stories have been documented all over the world in many different cultures. They exist in the writings of several well-known ancient people, and have been documented by scientists as recently as a few years ago. Some of the best information along these lines come from evolutionists in their book titled "A Living Dinosaur?".

etc etc etc

...I mean, really.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I'm interested to know whether there are actually any reasonable arguments to say that humans and dinosaurs lived together. Becuase I just googled it (making sure to spell all the words right so I could filter out the REALLY stupid stuff) and got

http://www.creationists.org/mananddinos.html

The evolutionism myth is used to promote the erroneous belief that humans and dinosaurs lived millions of years apart from each other. Children and adults are indoctrinated with this 'belief' starting from early childhood with books that teach it. It's reinforced in the public school system, the media and the entertainment industry. Recent examples include the highly misleading TV documentary called Walking with Dinosaurs that aired on the Discovery Channel, and the History Channel's The Quest for Dinosaurs program.

The Bible clearly teaches that humans and dinosaurs (called "dragons" in the past) were created on the same day. One must engage in hermeneutical back flips to interpret the Bible in any other way on this point. It also goes on to describe interactions between humans and these creatures.

Close-up of a 3-toed dinosaur footprint in the mud taken in 1966. Click here to read more about it.

(click on image above to see full size version)

What many people are not aware of is that there exists a considerable body of evidence that supports the biblical claim of human/dinosaur interaction. Some of this evidence suggests that this may be happening even today in certain parts of the world like the African Congo, and even here in the United States.

This evidence exists in many forms. Some examples include:
1. Eye witness accounts by many people of creatures that are exactly like dinosaurs in appearance. The descriptions include not only sightings, but people actually hunting and killing them are being killed by them. These stories have been documented all over the world in many different cultures. They exist in the writings of several well-known ancient people, and have been documented by scientists as recently as a few years ago. Some of the best information along these lines come from evolutionists in their book titled "A Living Dinosaur?".

etc etc etc

...I mean, really.
Lol yep thats the sort of stuff i remember this guy saying. He was very passionate with it all....

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Iron said:
To my mind this dogma of the Immaculate Conception, read as a poem about our human nature, is a beautiful poem and a very liberating one. Read it as history or biology or science and then you have got problems.
Curious quote. Very obtuse. I find it interesting that he won't go so far as to say outright that "it is a fiction which claims to express, in figurative terms, a truth about human nature".

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
No. That is idiotic.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

YOU QUITE CLEARLY, AND I QUOTED IT, SAID
Actually there is alot of 'evidence' (or at least things that could be put forward as evidence ),pointing toward the fact that dinosaurs and humans coexisted.
AND THEN SAID

tbh I dont know , you are the cleverer of us
Basically you're admitting the theory is ALOAD OF CRAP.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
boris said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

YOU QUITE CLEARLY, AND I QUOTED IT, SAID

AND THEN SAID

Basically you're admitting the theory is ALOAD OF CRAP.
Congratulations!
You got it finally. I only wrote twenty times that i hadnt meant what i wrote. Very inarticulately written.
Wait : Actually if you didnt read the rest of the thread you probably didnt know that...if so i apologise :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
iron said:
Drasko Dizdar: When I teach theology and when we come to the dogmas of the church, I say to my students, don’t think of them as law, don’t think of them as history or biology or science of any kind, try and think of them as titles of poems. So if you take a dogma like the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, for example, so problematic for a lot of people because they think of it in terms of either law or history or worst of all biology and can’t get over it, it becomes a stumbling block. To me it is a title to a poem about our essential humanity. It says that our humanity was created to be free from the powers of evil. That’s what the Immaculate Conception bit means - created free from the power of evil to be happy, to be blessed, and to be free. That is ultimately what a virgin is, a woman who is free, and it is a free, blessed and happy humanity that is able to incarnate God. To my mind this dogma of the Immaculate Conception, read as a poem about our human nature, is a beautiful poem and a very liberating one. Read it as history or biology or science and then you have got problems.
basically read into everything in a philosophical wanky way and it comes out as some random philosophical wank based on your pre-conceived personal values.... awsm.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Because it shows how easily someone could discard all forms of scientific reason for bunkum.

That's why. It's mind-bogglingly stupid. Throwing aside reason and rationality and using vague excuses and junk-science to promote preposterous theories.
you haven't answered my question

boris

Banned
HSC
Answer mine then Inasero.

How can any rational person honestly believe that Jesus was born to a virgin?

boris

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Congratulations!
You got it finally. I only wrote twenty times that i hadnt meant what i wrote. Very inarticulately written.
Wait : Actually if you didnt read the rest of the thread you probably didnt know that...if so i apologise :)
So basically, you admit that there is no proof, substantial or otherwise, to support that humans and dinosaurs coexisted?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
What? I did answer your question you drooling incompetent. Go peddle your nonsense elsewhere you illiterate fool.
just in case you'd forgotten, my original question was what would be the implications of humans and dinosaurs living together? then you retort with incoherent pseudo-scientific drivel...if you will, kindly answer the original question please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)