• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Their e-mail... (1 Viewer)

Chelseafc65

HSC
I've sent 2 e-mails to both the law dept and general inquiry as it is shown on the website. I asked how to convert my A-level results to UAI and waited 2 weeks since i got a reply today. And i only got a reply since i sent the second e-mail straight to the dept....

The worst part is, they mistake me as an international student and simply refer to an international student's website. I checked my message again and the first line specifically say that i am an Australian citizen.

My question is, who the hell is in charge of this sh**y system? I just want a reply that at least gives me some indication (the other Australian unis i sent emails to are all very helpful).

Is there a better email address i can use? I don't want to lose hope in this uni!:burn:

Evilo

HSC
the problem is that the "pen pusher" receptionist probably got 100 emails on the same subject, and just pasted the standard reply.

try the anu admissions office? (or is that what "general inquiry" was?)

You might need to pm khing when he comes online. I think he did his A levels?

http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/admission/
hope this helps

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Evilo: I'm actually an International, and the admissions procedure is different.

AFAIK from the Australian residents that i've spoken to who did A-levels as well, what they did was to apply for the university through the normal admissions process that australians who reside in australia and does the HSC does (and not directly through the university). I am not familiar with this process, but i've heard of the name VTEC quite a bit when referring to universitied in Victoria. You might want to check with the NSW/ACT equivalent, which is the UAC or something like that i think.

Because you are an Australian, your application process would be more similar to every other Australian.

Evilo

HSC
khing said:
AFAIK from the Australian residents that i've spoken to who did A-levels as well, what they did was to apply for the university through the normal admissions process that australians who reside in australia and does the HSC does (and not directly through the university). I am not familiar with this process, but i've heard of the name VTEC quite a bit when referring to universitied in Victoria. You might want to check with the NSW/ACT equivalent, which is the UAC or something like that i think..
www.UAC.edu.au ?

Hercules6

HSC
In my experience ANU are appalling when it comes to pr and responding to enquiries.
I have been very disappointed with both the law dept and general enquiries.
by far the worst in regard to admin that i have come across

Evilo

HSC
The problem is finding someone who actually knows. receptionists just say exactly what's on the website, because that's all their trained to do. Getting someone higher up the "tree" is a bit harder.

(the other day i was speaking to this receptionist and i asked her about a process, she recited the website word for word lol)

Two suggestions though (okay - 3)
a) try posting here, either we can answer it, or people to contact
b) try and stay away from generic emails. I reckon you'll get a better responce when emailing <name>@anu rather than <Faculty>@anu. (I.e. (science@anu.edu.au)
c) before doing b, research who you should be asking :) Emailing Ian Chubb about admissions won't get you very far.

However i'm not going to say anything nice about the UAS.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
it depends really. i emailed enrolments@anu.edu.au from my UNIVERSITY EMAIL and they haven't responded. it was a dead-easy question too.

emailing (person)@anu.edu.au isn't always possible because you don't necessarily know the handle (eg) science enrolment questions, unless you've had contact with them before. either way, most of them don't appreciate getting sent emails to their personal inboxes when there's a general inbox intended for those enquires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)