These Subjects? (1 Viewer)

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Hey guys just started year 11 and picked pretty relaxed subjects compared to what most people picked on here.
I picked:
General Maths
Multimedia (industrial technology)
IPT
I&DT (VET COURSE)
Business Studies
Advanced English (not too sure how that is going to be)

Do you think it'll be hard to get a good atar with it? I know "you can get any atar with any subjects" but i'm just checking how well i can go. Parents would be happy with high 80's but i am probably aiming for low 90's. I just have to see how consistent i can be throughout the next two years. I haven't applied myself much or at all in year 8-10. Barely any study and literally any homework was done. Was hitting consistent A's in 7 and 8 with a couple b's. year 9 and 10 hit around 1 or 2a's handful of B's, then 1 or 2 C's. Possible? Only constructive criticism and advice thanks :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Low 90s with 1 or 2 As, and mostly Bs?

I don't think that's possible for you unfortunately unless you pick up your game. Average and median ATAR is around 70 - and 90 means you're not only above average, but you're exceptionally above average. And 1 or 2 As isn't "exceptionally above average" or "upper echelon student", as I like to term them.

Not saying it's impossible for you, but Year 11 and 12 is a step up and you can't rest on your laurels.

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Low 90s with 1 or 2 As, and mostly Bs?

I don't think that's possible for you unfortunately unless you pick up your game. Average and median ATAR is around 70 - and 90 means you're not only above average, but you're exceptionally above average. And 1 or 2 As isn't "exceptionally above average" or "upper echelon student", as I like to term them.

Not saying it's impossible for you, but Year 11 and 12 is a step up and you can't rest on your laurels.
Yeah I know what you're saying. I for the past 4 years I have not try anywhere near my potential, tbh I've have probably used 25% in the past two years. This year I am going to focus and start up a habit of listening in class, studying and doing homework etc. I'd literally wing tests in year 9 and 10, I'm not trying to come off as some cocky person but I know I can do way better. I'll just see how the prelim assessments go and see what rank i'll get in my classes while preparing for the HSC.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
With those subjects it will be quite difficult. You are going to have to do very well in general math and I&DT even more so (VET courses tend to have some of the worst scaling in the hsc). This shouldn't be a concern if you're good at it, but you'll have to absolutely kill those subjects to get yourself into the 90s.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Feels good to say i finished with 93+ :rolleyes2:
Anything is possible guys yeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Yes, this is true!! I did not study for my exams, and still left with 3 band 6's and 85+. My aim was 82+, and I exceeded it by 4.25 marks!
Word of advice: make surey you study for english. I didn't and it rekt me!

photastic

HSC
Tbh, I realised there is no 'easier' subject. Do not underestimate them because all subjects have their own flare. My acquaintance had similar subjects and received 90+ atar with 2 band 6s and rest band 5s with a state rank.

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Yeah although they are low scaling if you do well any ATAR is possible. I personally think I could have gotten better but obviously that time last year I couldn't see it for myself. Don't think some recent posters realised I have finished and the post is almost 2 years old haha. Those subjects are some of the lowest scaling subjects available, but again I repeat that although the odds are against you, it is still possible. Maybe I may have done better with better subject selection and also with more preparation in year 10 (in terms of work habits) but yeah I am happy to get this especially at a school ranked 400+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)