Thesis Statements on Imaginative Journeys (1 Viewer)

WaZe

HSC
kimmeh said:
Statements
+ Imaginative journeys take us into worlds of inspiration, speculation and imagination

+Imaginative journeys broaden the mind to allow the understanding of the world
... "Imaginative journeys take us into worlds of inspiration, speculation and imagination"

I could so imagine saying that imaginative journeys take us into worlds of imagination... :rofl:

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
hey everyone,

"life of pi" and imaginative journeys, anything anyone could tell me?

ie techniques and how it relates to IJ.

Special thanks!

HoCo8

HSC
need a thesis linking tempest and lucy in the sky with diamonds... thinking of somehting along the lines of..

"imagination allows us to transcend the confines of reality..." and something about growth perhaps...

any ideas?

maxshiva

HSC
hey how is this
"the imaginative journey dwels on our own experiences and personal views to give insight and overview of a transformation or series of events"
my english teacher wont stop stressing how our point of view is important
tell us if u think this is alrite
english isnt my strong subject but i just made this up
woooh HSC funn

william1

HSC
to flyingemu...you could say something like-
imaginative journeys expand time and space

or not, im kinda stuck too

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Sounds good to us, but not so much to the person marking.
I suppose a thesis could be something based on these:
IJs
- transcend reality (making it wild and magical and fantastic, weee!)
- allow us to escape boundaries
- transport us into alternate world
- provide an emotional journey of the reader/character/whoever

Oh and they're also pretty boring after a while too

girlsinkhearts

HSC
You guys make my day :D.

"Imaginative journeys allow access to the subconscious mind, in turn, permitting an individual to travel beyond the physical world and gain knowledge and understanding unable to be gained in reality."

Twiget

HSC
i am also doing imaginative journeys for my AoS and we have a speech due very soon, but i'm also stuck on a thesis! my central theme is how imagination can be powerful and evoke certain emotions and discoveries within people who embark on an imaginative journey

chickpea101

HSC
Hey there. Just looking for a clarification of the idea of "speculation" in terms of the imaginative journey. The word pops up everywhere but I just can't seem to get a grasp on it.

If anyone can help that'd be great :]

chritto

HSC
Pegasus Ezekiel said:
This is in reply to gwemma88. I am sorry to say but I do not approve of your balloon analogy. The hellium balloons have potential energy and upon their release they are no more free than when you were holding them. The balloons will be subjuct to the elements; the wind will ultimately control their movement making the balloons totally helpless. Also I imagine that you were inside a class room when you made this analogy so the balloons will be confined to the room.
Don't bring logic into this! We're talking about english here! ;)

^k

HSC
"An imaginative journey encompasses exploring and experiencing fantasy and the sublime, transcending physical boundaries in order accomplish an augmented understanding of ourselves, as individuals and the world."

thats my thesis! buh im finding it hard to relate it to Kubla Khan. its all mystical and imaginative but how does it give us a better understanding of ourselves? i cant link that part bak to thesis! ahhhh

help would b much appreciated =]

mitellic

bitchell.
HSC
yo there junkies.

okay. so here's the deal...
i understand the whole 'imaginative journeys' AOS concepts and the like, but just going through the syllabus you seem to get the feeling that the board of studies likes to put meaningless adjectives next to each other in attempting to create a baffling 'synthesis' of learning direction.

here's my beef.... what the fuck is an 'underlying assumption' and how are we supposed to "examine" them "about imaginative journeys".

their syntax and sentence formation is just wrong.

a low band four for you, board of studies.

Cyreni

HSC
mitellic said:
yo there junkies.

okay. so here's the deal...
i understand the whole 'imaginative journeys' AOS concepts and the like, but just going through the syllabus you seem to get the feeling that the board of studies likes to put meaningless adjectives next to each other in attempting to create a baffling 'synthesis' of learning direction.

here's my beef.... what the fuck is an 'underlying assumption' and how are we supposed to "examine" them "about imaginative journeys".

their syntax and sentence formation is just wrong.

a low band four for you, board of studies.

hey mate.

i agree with u in principle on this argument. the BOS do like to place stupid requirements that rarely have any easy or even assessable outcomes to them.
what they are talking about in what u quoted i believe ask u to step out of the rote, just lerning information shoes and asks of you to truly understand the concepts of your studied text. they require you to apply your knowledge to what you have known all your life and they ask of you to question it. the "underlying assumptions" are just what u subconciously assume (funny that :p)

thats my understanding on it though and if its wrong im boned :p

benita

HSC
Hi i was wondering if sumone could give me a few suggestions on related text perphas a bit of ann analysis on JOhn lennon's imagine or eric clayton's tears in heaven.
If not then maybe suggestions on related text like a film or cartoon leunig)
Thanx

stephanier

HSC
I'm not sure if this sounds ok.

Imaginative journeys give an author the opportunity to have complete control over a universe in order to instruct their audience about the real world.:cold:

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
"Speculation" is anything that poses the question of "What if? or asks you to go beyond what you are shown and think of possible outcomes or consequences and their effect on the situation/text
i think.......

monzaw

HSC
i love this idea.even tho the exam is tomorrow im just reading over a few things for reassurance and this has made my studying day.good job.

GET FREE

HSC
Cyreni said:
hey mate.

i agree with u in principle on this argument. the BOS do like to place stupid requirements that rarely have any easy or even assessable outcomes to them.
what they are talking about in what u quoted i believe ask u to step out of the rote, just lerning information shoes and asks of you to truly understand the concepts of your studied text. they require you to apply your knowledge to what you have known all your life and they ask of you to question it. the "underlying assumptions" are just what u subconciously assume (funny that :p)

thats my understanding on it though and if its wrong im boned :p

I'll just assume that you're dead on (I actually have no idea if you're understanding is correct or not).
1) Like the people at BoS really give a flying fuck about our understanding
2) Who comes up with such shitty requirements and questions?

Ugh. :angry: Damn you, unrealistic overpaid idiots.

DaynaH9

HSC
"[Metaphors and analogies] are best used to explain somthing insirmountably complex."

If the imaginative journey isn't 'insirmountably complex', I'll eat my hat.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! I second this hat eating motion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)