Things i HATE about the HSC (1 Viewer)

fakingtheday

HSC
The time factor. We spend so much time sitting around. We could learn the syllabus in three terms not four.

The fact that people, me most of all (because i am utterly lazy), spent every minute working out ways to exploit the system and do as little work as possible

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Things i hate about the hsc...

the hsc.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
it stresses you out and leaves most students thinking 'if i dont do my HSC the best i can, i will have no future career etc' which is ridiculous in some way because your life will NOT end if you dont satisfactory complete your HSC the way you wanted or end up not getting into uni or getting bad marks.....

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
i hate it coz even tho it is meant to be a fair system
there r still pplz who juz cant go to a betta skool, or tutoring, buying 50bucks books

=\

and yes, i hate the studying bits too. =]

Götterfunken

HSC
Argonaut said:
Question: how is complaing about the HSC going to help your cause?
It will be cathartic. I would fix that little mistake up before Dreamish attacks you in a fit of pique.

(edit: irony.)

Last edited:
Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I find it annoying that we spend what ought to be some of the best years of our lives - come on, people, while you're at school, you (only in exceptional circumstances) rarely have to worry about having a roof over your head and food on your table - working for a number.

But yeah...I shouldn't complain. At sixteen, I could be living in a developing country with three kids, completely illiterate and facing a famine.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
The name in itself is so demeaning. Like, the 'High' is alright, kind of pleasent, like a familiar greeting from an old friend. The 'School' bit makes sense seeing as that is where einstein went. But the 'Certificate'...that's a spit in the face. We slave our arses off until we can no longer defecate and what do we get in return? A piece of paper.

Lame.

Digital_Spork

HSC
What I hate... I spend 12 years of education and it all comes down to a 3 hour exam. How unjust.

nwatts

HSC
I hate how the HSC doesn't reward real thinking or talent.

I hate people who are intelligent, can do no work and get great marks. And on the other hand, I hate people who aren't all that smart, but put in the effort to get great marks. I mean ffs you stupid HSC, reward one or the other - not both.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Well, i rekon that study should be banned.

I mean, who is more intelligent, someone who doesn't study at all and gets 90, or someone who studies till midnight every night and gets 90?

Every question should be random, and the sylibus should be scrapped to test real intelligence.

Obviously I am joking, but fuck, i find it so hard to study, and like apply myself and most people at my school study hectically and shit, and get way better marks than me yet i know that their general knowledge, political knowledge and knowledge of currant affairs is inferior to mine.

This, i feel is a bad thing, because what they have brought up learning, and the style of learning can not be applyed to the real world. Thus schools 'education' is really only aplicable in school and does not teach real intelligence, infact it does the oppersite and makes people believe what they are learning is intelligence when infact it is prolix bullshit.

Anyway, that's my rant/excuse as to why i am not studying.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Digital_Spork said:
What I hate... I spend 12 years of education and it all comes down to a 3 hour exam. How unjust.
Amen!!!

Egronk...I am with you! I know how you feel...(sorry to brag) but the knowledge I have on Current Affairs and my general knowledge is sooooo much more than what others in my year have...its incredible. For example...when we started Urban Places in Geography, as a short exercise our teacher gave us a long list of fairly well known cities and we were to write which country they were located in...anyway...I am the only one who was able to get them all correct without the aid of an atlas...and with the American cities, I was also able to correctly name the state each was from...everyone else sat in silence...

Anyways...thats my 2cents worth...but one other thing I hate about the HSC...the stupid things we are required to know that we will never use again...eg; Future Value, Parabolas etc...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I hate the HSC because it makes me someone i'm not.

Lombeanie

HSC
i hate how parents and teachers make the hsc out to be the most important thing you ever have to do in your life when all you really have to do is go alright and know that you did your best even if its only an average mark of 82 or whatever. its not the be all and end all it just is an exam for school... school isnt the most important thing...its just the prelim to life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)