Things to do in Beijing? (1 Viewer)

chubzy

HSC
I'm off to Beijing with a friend for two weeks and I'm starting to list up things we probably would do :) we just want to have some nice, easy-going fun which doesn't necessarily include visiting all the cultural landmarks and such

I've googled things to do but it all comes up with temples and such, but we can't find many attractions/places that are more...modern? Probably stuff only people who live there would know?

or do you have any suggestions at all as to what we should do? :D

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Go to the acrobatic shows, I went to some there when I was in China which were pretty boss, there a like heaps of things too do, Visit this oriental pearl market? I forgot it was something pearl market, and it sells so much fake things you could think of, buy loads of clothes, shoes, fake beats <- (lol) For really cheap all you need to do bargain, and bargain really low because they try to rip off foreigners! I will list more things later when I come to think of it since this is off the top of my head.

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon you should check out Tiananmen square. Also go to wangfujing. The night market there is just awesome. If you like street food, yang rou chuan (or lambsticks) is so nice there, only costing you 5 RMB :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I want to go to Beijing one day with a friend. Unfortunately, I do not speak Chinese. This may be a problem. Perhaps I should bring a Chinese-speaking friend.

HSC
Uni Grad
I want to go to Beijing one day with a friend. Unfortunately, I do not speak Chinese. This may be a problem. Perhaps I should bring a Chinese-speaking friend.
I suggest you bring a Chinese speaking friend, otherwise you can easily get lost and there will be hardly anyone to help you out.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Yeah, but you can still get your way around as I met so many people there who speak poor conversational english but best to bring a chinese speaking friend if you need someone to bargain for you, and remember don't drink tap water, always used bottle water and drinks are so cheap, 2RMB which is like 30c? haha and coke is like 5RMB so everything is cheap. Also your hotel usually gives a bottle of water everyday, so yeah use it for brushing your teeth that what I did lol, and don't leave money around the maid will take it, happened to my friend.

Also great wall is fun place to go, well boring or fun me and friends were there, was a bitch to get to cause of like 1 lane roads traffic is so bad, but running up the wall is heaps of fun haha. Bring lots of money as well!

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, but you can still get your way around as I met so many people there who speak poor conversational english but best to bring a chinese speaking friend if you need someone to bargain for you, and remember don't drink tap water, always used bottle water and drinks are so cheap, 2RMB which is like 30c? haha and coke is like 5RMB so everything is cheap. Also your hotel usually gives a bottle of water everyday, so yeah use it for brushing your teeth that what I did lol, and don't leave money around the maid will take it, happened to my friend.

Also great wall is fun place to go, well boring or fun me and friends were there, was a bitch to get to cause of like 1 lane roads traffic is so bad, but running up the wall is heaps of fun haha. Bring lots of money as well!
Make sure you check if the notes are genuine by finding if there is a metal strip on the middle of the note. If there is no metal strip on that note, then it's fake. Chinese people are so good at deceiving people to the point that we have to check everything nowadays.

And yes, Chinese stuff is SO CHEAP. Loving it. All except Apple products are more expensive than Apple Products here, because the supply and demand for Apple is lower there compared with here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)