things you do before the exam (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
It took me too long to get pissed and I missed the first half of paper 2. Fortunately the paper was well suited to my memorised :)p) essays, so all was well.
Hahah.. you're a funny bastard Gh3y. :D

hipPo3

HSC
i have a good night sleep .. then wake up at 6.30 and go into a concentrative state were if anyone talks to me i got agro with bursts random (insert subject here) intellectual jargon ..

i end up coming to school at around 8ish .. then spend the rest of the time contemplating how im going to structure my answers and which sources or formulaes i need to remember .. worked fine till the maths test .. that fucked me up good

freaked

HSC
Wake up late (if its an arvo exam), walk around in my pjs while having breaky. Watch some TV. Do some study, shower, rush to pack all my things up and get ready to walk while listening to a certain song (different one for each exam) out the door.
Take into the exam - bottle of water and lollies (jelly babies or lolliepops to keep up energy)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
try to not let new things get into my head just before the exams, little things would usually be wiped off my mind and only after the exam i remember that part! :(

success

HSC
well, getting up early and reading notes seems to be the flavour of the month! lol yeah, i do it too. helps get you in the mood a bit.

i usually drink a short strong coffee (out of the machine) and it seems to hold me up well. i tried it in the trials but i got really tired halfway through, someone said that happens! lol. but it hasn't happened in HSC, must be the adrenalin i think. i'm always a bit nervous before i go in, and then time flies when i'm in there, and i seem to come out all shaken up and weird! lol. i must get stressed but only feel it afterwards!

anyway, getting up early to prepare is good i think. + coffee!!!!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I did my HSC last year, but I remember my pre-exam antics like it was yesterday.

The night before, I would cram until 11ish (12 if it was an afternoon exam). Before I went to sleep I would read my notes through once. Apparently if you read right before you sleep you retain the information better. In the morning, I would not have a shower (always the night before instead). I ate cereal and toast. I had a milo too (Low GI!!!). My Mum or Dad would drive me to the exam. If I was confident, they'd quiz me, or just talk shit...if i wasn't, I'd just sit there like a stunned mullet.

I would go to school, make sure I wasn't too early otherwise I'd get really nervous from everyone talking about it.

Before 5 of my 6 exams I took at least 1 or 2 panadol. It was to stop any stomach cramps/pain that I get when nervous. In my VA exam I went into a nervous sweat and had to go to the toilet for splash my face (I suffer from panic attacks). It was hilarious! In retrospect.. :S

My chem exam though was something else. I went to a friends house until 6 the night before, had a panic attack, crammed til 1am, went to bed, crazy f**kers of neighbours were having a party, went next door and threatened them, got to sleep around 2.30am...woke up at 6.30am...crammed crammed crammed. Went to exam. Thought, heck, it ain't that bad. Did exam, went home and slept for like 19 hours.
I went shit in Chem...major shit heap. I would've got over 97 if I hadn't of Fluffed it.

I remember that I always thought I'd go out and celebrate the end of exams, but I never really did...not until the Grad Ball.

jdrockefeller

HSC
Night before: write up a summary sheet.
Morning: Read that over breakfast, have a shower, drive to school, always have an apple while I'm driving to school. Wakes me up so well.
Before the exam: Sit down in the common room, listen to some music that pumps me up. Lately it's been System of a Down and old-school Offspring and just lightly read my notes to calm me down. Then I go and blitz whatever exam I have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)