• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thinkin about forever. . . (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have never been with someone who i could see myself marrying or growing old with. i am single at the moment and likely to stay that way because i have lost faith in the male species in general.

KYKYJ

HSC
AlleyCat said:
i have lost faith in the male species in general.
awww. . . C'mon we can't all be THAT bad can we? there are decent guys out there and it just takes time. . i'm sure you'll find that one for you and be able to live happily after. . . lol

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
KYKYJ said:
awww. . . C'mon we can't all be THAT bad can we? there are decent guys out there and it just takes time. . i'm sure you'll find that one for you and be able to live happily after. . . lol
with MY luck...i highly doubt it.

Nalishia

HSC
I think that the relationship that I'm in I would say that it will last a good couple of years..yeh Im young..well 18 but still you kinda know wen something is going to always be there and last forever..better not keep my hopes up...i guess i just love my boyfriend..n i love him enough to evn say that we could evn be soul mates..n i do understand the concept of 'soul mates' which is y i think that this one is for keeps hehe

HsC SuKs!

HSC
hey guys i think finding sum1 u wanna spend the rest of ur life is is totally awesome and so exciting!

i have known my gf since kindergarten and have been great friends since we only just realised that we r totally alike and how much we love each other...been goin out 6 months almost and been best 6 months of my life and i never would want it to end! i think ive found my perfect match and im so happy!

any1 wanna hear a gud song listen to ive been thinkin of u by mariah carey :) ...song of my life!!! (weird as coz relates so much)

finding sum1 to spend ur life with isnt a chore or anything and it takes time till u r eventually happy so any1 that is worried bout finding the right person just wait a bit u r bound to find ur perfect match at sum point in time...its meant to be!

cya guys

loren14

HSC
i agree with the finding perfection in the imperfection....but id say thats more lust than love. i think love is about understanding and compromising the imperfections and accepting the person for who they are
do u people think that people that are quite different have a chance? like do u belive in opposites attract and can be successful in a relationship?

Emanuel25

HSC
I think that it is actually possible. Like theres situations where ur indiferences clash so much that its what defines ur relationship and u love each other because of it

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
*throws up*

i know i'm different to you and all and i semi-respect that, it's just weird how i'm some minority here, where the longest i want to look ahead is moving in with my boyfriend (of 2 years, rounding down).... if we're together for another year.

forever... jesus... different state of minds most of you are to me.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Emanuel25 said:
Nah I dont think ur that much of a minority. Plenty of ppl like that
oh i use to think i wasnt a minority, but the vast majority

but now im meeting more people who are so dead set "certain" lately

Emanuel25

HSC
Yeah but they are gonna realise that that prospect is unrealistic at best. And that they need to live their life a little.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
People who are talking "forever" at this age are stupid, naive, or both.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Lundy said:
People who are talking "forever" at this age are stupid, naive, or both.
I think that within reason you can say forever. You can't control how a person is going to act in the future but you can hope to be together forever if the present situation is close to perfect.
As much as I like the concept of being with someone forever, I don't look too far ahead in relationships. I'd rather live for what's happening now than for what might happen. Still, I hope my relationship lasts for a very long time.

Emanuel25

HSC
azzie said:
I think that within reason you can say forever. You can't control how a person is going to act in the future but you can hope to be together forever if the present situation is close to perfect.
As much as I like the concept of being with someone forever, I don't look too far ahead in relationships. I'd rather live for what's happening now than for what might happen. Still, I hope my relationship lasts for a very long time.
Yeh i'm not a negative person, but I think it's fairly naive and idealistic at this stage in life. But past experiences can't always predict the future so hey. I'm also for living in the moment and holding to that

jellybeenz

HSC
I thought a particular friendship would last forever... but it didn't... I'm feeling relationships go the same way...

That being said, I think you can love someone forever without being together forever.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
jellybeenz said:
I thought a particular friendship would last forever... but it didn't... I'm feeling relationships go the same way...

That being said, I think you can love someone forever without being together forever.
i agree completely with that..

i think that at this age, it is too early to say forever just because you haven't really completely grown up yet, there's too much you still don't know about the other person.

then again i think its scary to look forward in relationships though and was previously allergic to commitment. so maybe i'm "not as mature" as some of you are :rolleyes:

and i would like my current relationship to last for awhile thank you very much :uhhuh: but i think i won't say forever until i actually get married. *shudder*

HSC
N/A
pmr_123 said:
thats a rather good question, and something new for L&R...

well i know i want my relationship to last, but i honestly don't know if i have found that 'special someone'... we're only teenagers so it's not something i want to think too much into yet
yayness - i agree

hmm, there's too much unsure-ness in the world these days

we think it's forever, when never is today's forever

*sigh

who knows

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think i am one of those people who gets bored easily or something because i think i subconciously attract high drama to my relationships. all this reading about people my age who have been with their partners for years is making me question myself. i have never had a relationship that hasnt broken up badly and i am beginning to think that im not meant for long term commitment in the slightest. *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)