Thinning Scissors (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Well whatever hairdresser i go to they always seem to pull out the thinning scissors.

You know them little semi blunt ones that dont toally cut your hair, just bits of it.

But today it got me thinking.. if they continually keep chopping little bits at random intervals will i eventually be left with just big empty patches?

I mean i dont see a risk of that happening soon cuz my hair is ridiculously thick, but it WILL happen wont it!!??

And itll make it really hard to keep my hair long, cuz there will be too many short bits in comparison.

Oh.. dear.

Is the damage allready done?

Should i just ask them to stop doing it?

Or will my hair just be fine and should i stop stressing?

monique66

All will be well, I don't think you'll start going bald anytime soon. Stop stressing, woman.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
dont let hairdressers use thinning scissors on your hair!
they suck
if you want your hair thinned out tell them to layer it, or thin it out with the normal scissors.. thinnning scissors/also similar to the 'razor scissors' are horrible + leave your hair all ugly and wispy if used heaps, your ends are more prone to splitting aswell.

Pierotte

HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
dont let hairdressers use thinning scissors on your hair!
they suck
if you want your hair thinned out tell them to layer it, or thin it out with the normal scissors.. thinnning scissors/also similar to the 'razor scissors' are horrible + leave your hair all ugly and wispy if used heaps, your ends are more prone to splitting aswell.
damnation said:
All will be well, I don't think you'll start going bald anytime soon. Stop stressing, woman.
..who to believe!!!

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i wouldnt know, but my hairdresser uses them on my hair

i dont think anyone would notice if big chunks fell out of my hair coz its kinda cut like that to be messy/flicky bla bla and its short short anyway and grows like 5cm a month

Skeeta

HSC
ya i did have teh long hair but now i have teh short hair

oh noes: i uncovered ur evil scheme and now no-one can see my uber-intelligence

HSC
N/A
I can't wait to get my long hair cut again by my hairdresser :S It's so long and heavy and keeps getting caught under things like bra straps and handbag straps.

My hairdresser does this layer thing with my hair, sort of chopping away at the tips so that a good 2-3 inches or so gets "thinned". It doesn't really get rid of my hair's volume as a collective whole (I also have quite thick hair) but it noticably takes a lot of the weight away. SO good!!

HSC
N/A
OH I remember the razor thing now. I had it done to my hair, but only once.

The scissor thing is 100 billion trillion times better, in regards to making hair less thick and taking the weight off. Healthier by the sounds of things, too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)