This exam was a JOKE! (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Perhaps the easiest test in the entire world. I went over my answers about 3 times and was nothing but 100% satisfied with what was there. Thankyou easy subject :)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
it was great. i feel so much better now. *relaxes*

lil_lainy

HSC
haha yay that paper was so good!

so much easier than past papers and trial...thing is, apparantly a lot of ppl still did like crap and culdnt answer heaps of q's...so i dunno i guess u did have to no stuff, it was just there wasnt any tricks, the wording was very straightforward..

whoopee!...

Pharrell

Stilla said:
Even for general, this tested the most rudimentary, basic knowledge it could test, i'm sure a hobo off the street using common sense could have passed it using common sense alone.
This subject scales poorly enough as it is without them churning out this poor excuse for a paper.
dont complain laddy, last years was apparently over the top way tooo hard, i saw this 1 coming a mile away, n im pretty happy with my work.... so just lap it up instead of making something outta nothing! :uhhuh:

Tompenny

well..

hate to be the rainy cloud, but seeing as it was such a damned easy test, won't the scaling of it be horrific ? e.g dont get over 95% get marked down tremendously.

notlongnow

I honestly thought it sucked.. i was expecting easier... the trial was heaps easier.. i was quite dissappointed!

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
It was allot easier than I had anticipated, but they are porbably going to mark very stictly...

The easiness is most likely due to the fact that last years paper was considered hard...

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
Hahaha.... I couldn't find my text book the night before, so I didn't study. I finished with an hour to go, and while checking through even just the first few booklets, i found a few mistakes. Don't count your chickens before they hatch, but it seems like everyone went pretty well. Good stuff.

Becc

its stupid to assume how things are going to be scaled.
you never know from one year to the next.

besides that if you want a harder test, you should have done 2unit.

if you get the right answer though, i'd assume you've worked it out a valid way
(unless you just wrote a random answer)
and therefore where working is shown, full marks for the question are given out.

Last edited:

jgodbee

was that an examination or a bed time story???

the general maths paper in my opinion had a difficulty level of dangerously low proportions. from begining to end it could be equated to reading a garfield comic on a balmy sunday afternoon. surely no sane person could have found this remotely challenging (it was merely an inconveniance)

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Wow, so verbose, you must be super intelligent. I am in awe.

lilbiskitdoe

Hmm

I thought the exam was pretty easy too but there was a few things i didnt answer, im just not going to think ahead of myself coz i know everytime i think i do really well i end up doing crap and vice versa.. hehe

mandles

i didn't think it was THAT easy.... yeah the questions were easy, but they were trikky, like having the question in m and then a measurement in cm. I always bomb out on those questions, cos i panic and rush it... then don't realise untill i get out of the exam..... oh well maybe they will give a mark for effort! :)

lil_emm

HSC
you just cant tell i rekon

when you think about it the maths exams always have trick questions and they'll catch you out in onme way or another. i just hope this boosts my UAI a bit cause i think i did alright. i'll guess ill see when december comes around. the results come out on my birthday!!!!

cwilson

no, i truly think that was the easiest general maths exam i have ever done... pretty dissapointing when you want to be at the top of the marks. there were no real discriminators in there

boo86

HSC
yea, the exam was far too easy, I mean my brother (who is in year seven) saw the paper off the net, and HE could do some of the questions. It was totally trig-based, and was pointless. What did they really test us on??

nickw...

HSC
N/A
It was ridiculous. Like someone said, those of us who are perhaps better than the rest (not to sound self absorbed or anything), shant be given our just rewards in UAI points.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
when i did the hsc in 02 the general paper was quite hard (in that only between 2 & 3% got a band 6) so for those who did well it was rather beneficial. i don't think an easy paper would benefit anyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)