This is for you 50 Cent haters (1 Viewer)

robbie1

HSC
STx said:
Sif 50 will overtake Nas; Nas=G.O.A.T. and 50=wack
OP: Also this might interest you:
50 CENT ON FRENCH TV SHOW W/DRAG QUEEN

lol, his music still sucks imo. That said, he knows how to sell records and make money thats it. "Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.."- Immortal Technique (The Point of No Return).
haha you can tell he wants to kill all of em

robbie1

HSC
Gangels said:
Ah i remember one of you guys saying that 5o cents stuff is heaps good on his album and shouldn't judge him on what he releases. Why do you think he releases it? So we can judge whether we like him or not on those songs.
actually, the radio singles are there to widen his fan base

you see, the 'real' fans will automatically buy the album...so they will be rewarded by the more 'hardcore' trakcs which are on the album and dont make it to the radio

however, song like candy shop are released to get others, who normally wouldnt, to buy the album

this is called smart business

perfect example is eminem's 'just lose it' from Encore....i cant stand it but to my shock i find out that all these people, some who dont even like hip hop, love it

heres what he had to say in XXL magazine

Question: When I hear 'just lose it' i can understand why regular people like it. But its not the song thats going to speak to me as a hip hop listener

Eminem: "theres a certain level where you gotta follow a happy medium. im not gonna put out anything that i dont like or i dont stand behind, but that was just another fun song. 'mosh' was the only really serious song, with a serious mood and message, that came out of that group of songs that we did [in florida]. but you got a whole album you want to bring people to. you want as many people to hear it as possible. so if those are the tricks you gotta do to get the people to hear it, and bring them to your album....

Rap is usally based on first-week sales. your biggest week has gotta be your first week, and then it kinda just starts declining after that. so you gotta hit 'em out the box with a single....."

gracie007

HSC
robbie1 said:
all im trying to do is open your minds a little

Maybe u should open up UR mind a little by listening to different artists.

And dont worry, Ill give u a couple more days to come up with answers to my previous arguments.

Good day

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
the only good shit 50 cent put out was his early mixtapes and his first album.

Everything else is just fucking singing.

he sold the fuck out.

BUT he is responsible for the greatest club/cruising song ever,"In da club"

Last edited:

Gangels

HSC
robbie1 said:
actually, the radio singles are there to widen his fan base

you see, the 'real' fans will automatically buy the album...so they will be rewarded by the more 'hardcore' trakcs which are on the album and dont make it to the radio

however, song like candy shop are released to get others, who normally wouldnt, to buy the album

this is called smart business

perfect example is eminem's 'just lose it' from Encore....i cant stand it but to my shock i find out that all these people, some who dont even like hip hop, love it

heres what he had to say in XXL magazine

Question: When I hear 'just lose it' i can understand why regular people like it. But its not the song thats going to speak to me as a hip hop listener

Eminem: "theres a certain level where you gotta follow a happy medium. im not gonna put out anything that i dont like or i dont stand behind, but that was just another fun song. 'mosh' was the only really serious song, with a serious mood and message, that came out of that group of songs that we did [in florida]. but you got a whole album you want to bring people to. you want as many people to hear it as possible. so if those are the tricks you gotta do to get the people to hear it, and bring them to your album....

Rap is usally based on first-week sales. your biggest week has gotta be your first week, and then it kinda just starts declining after that. so you gotta hit 'em out the box with a single....."
Took them a while to start the smart business. I hate 'smart' advertising in the music industry. One good song is released to attract a wider audience, then when you buy the album, you think 'this is really really gay'! You either like someone or you dont.
Fuck smart business, what he's doing is called greed:) As if he needs anymore money.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
lol i remember when 50 cent said in an interview 'i have never worked with the neptunes because i don't respect watered-down hip hop'

or when he said that most of the south was generic rap.

got hypocrisy?

passion89

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
lol i remember when 50 cent said in an interview 'i have never worked with the neptunes because i don't respect watered-down hip hop'

or when he said that most of the south was generic rap.

got hypocrisy?
haha

TAKE THAT!

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
haha, heres another Immortal Technique quote to sum up my opinion of 50:
"...so if your message ain't shit, fuck the records you sold
cuz if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck..."

(Song: Industrial Revolution)

Ownage

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Dance With The Devil will always be one of the most graphic and chilling song I will hear.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
what are you kidding me??? go listen to necro, ill bill, sabac etc.
Yeah haven't heard any of them yet...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)