This is how I think ATAR should be calculated. (1 Viewer)

llllllllllll

HSC
how would you apply?
Carriers advisor at school. Best way. I think it is unfair for people who have been here for 2 years and speak terrible English like me to be competing vs people who speak English, I mean I might lose marks for wording of my answer or reading the question incorrectly :(

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
Alternatively, you could just get full marks in every exam you do such that the calculation method of ATAR becomes a non-issue because either way you are first in the state.

HSC
well your writing skills are awesome I would say, don't know about your spoken skills :L
Carriers advisor at school. Best way. I think it is unfair for people who have been here for 2 years and speak terrible English like me to be competing vs people who speak English, I mean I might lose marks for wording of my answer or reading the question incorrectly :(

llllllllllll

HSC
well your writing skills are awesome I would say, don't know about your spoken skills :L
I got 17/20 for speech, spoken skills not bad at all, I think I don't deserve the disadvantage thing but I'm eligible to apply for it so why not :) at least the guy coming first will have no more advantage over me.

HSC
I am pretty sure you memorized your speech, spoken skills as in accent and fluency :L
I got 17/20 for speech, spoken skills not bad at all, I think I don't deserve the disadvantage thing but I'm eligible to apply for it so why not :) at least the guy coming first will have no more advantage over me.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Nope. What happens if you stress out and bomb the exams on the day? Does this mean that all the effort you may have put in prior to the HSC will go to waste?
^That.

I believe they used to have this system in place actually - my English teacher was telling me about it. He scraped a pass in English. Like... 51, iirc. Or maybe it was his friend. or something - because he got sick on the day.

Well, you shouldn't have taken Advanced English then.

luciferkiddoz

HSC
Hey!

I don't really think any system developed by the BOS will be entirely fair. The Education Minsiter's need alter the current sytem, and impliment like ones in Japan, UK, and Canada. These seem more effective, and would have a greater result. I'm suggesting we develop an entirely new sytem of education, and choose the best methods from other, and combine those together to make the best education system in the world. And the individual would not just helping themselves, but the government, society, and their community.

Regards,
Zack Jones

zack.jones4@education.nsw.gov.au

HSC
are you a teacher? lol
Hey!

I don't really think any system developed by the BOS will be entirely fair. The Education Minsiter's need alter the current sytem, and impliment like ones in Japan, UK, and Canada. These seem more effective, and would have a greater result. I'm suggesting we develop an entirely new sytem of education, and choose the best methods from other, and combine those together to make the best education system in the world. And the individual would not just helping themselves, but the government, society, and their community.

Regards,
Zack Jones

zack.jones4@education.nsw.gov.au

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have been in Australia for 2 years, I'll apply for disadvantage since my English is a barrier preventing me from performing my best and reaching my full potential, my carriers advisor at school said they will give me about 11 marks for my ATAR and my ATAR ranking will no longer compare with people who speak English properly since that it unfair, REAL ADVANTAGE RIGHT THERE :) hope it works out, I'm sure it will, they can have a look at my passport, LOL
You and I know that's total bullshit.

I really don't get the point of this thread. Why bother complaining about the ATAR system if you're just going to cheat?

pt1

HSC
All students do either scientific subjects (maths, sciences and English), social stuff (English, Economics, History, Geography, Legal, etc...) or (English, Music, Art, Sport, Applied stuff...) and the only mark that counts towards your ATAR is what ever you get in the actual HSC, I think this would be more fair :) wouldn't it? because school ranking/others ranking can sometimes impact the ranking of an individual. The first set of subject is for people who wanna do science/eng at uni, the other set of subjects is for people who want to do humanity stuff and the 3rd set is for those who want to do music, art, sport etc...
I heard one of my teachers saying that system did exist awhile ago and was altered to the current one now due to reasons such as the aforementioned (bombing out on the day) therefore the student rankings in the school up to the trials is used as security

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I heard one of my teachers saying that system did exist awhile ago and was altered to the current one now due to reasons such as the aforementioned (bombing out on the day) therefore the student rankings in the school up to the trials is used as security
Yeah I heard that from my teacher too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)