This is my creative writing. How well do you think it will score? (1 Viewer)

isocratestesla

HSC
Introduction: I have been across bloodied floors, down and across agents of death, tapped in synchronization as bullets passed through my peripheral. Suited and tailored through weapons of war; senseless and abject memories storm my mind. A spectre walking in step with my shadow calls for just one more, bring the guilty down just once more. Does the trigger grow weak? Have the toils of warfare made you nothing more than just a mere child?

This is the story of a modern day assassin, who can't come to grips with the man he has become and can't decide whether he has become weak or strong. one mission changes his outlook on his job as he watches a child weep and fall to his knees when his father is shot in front of him, which reminds him of when the assassins killed his family and trained him to become one of them.

I haven't completed the rest, might not include the last part. Just thought how it might do, if done well enough. Any advice? I just thought of this 45 minutes ago. I'm aware it may need major refining.

Last edited:
HSC
thats true markers dont like violence or any adult related theme for that matter like i said in another thread they are looking for an emotional inner development / change in a character

Frostbitten

HSC
thats true markers dont like violence or any adult related theme for that matter like i said in another thread they are looking for an emotional inner development / change in a character
I'm pretty sure I have worked it out that BoS literally do not want us to have any fun in HSC Adv English.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It could totally work. You just want to make sure your focus is on the character, and the change they undergo because of the adventures, and not just the adventures themselves.

hyphea

HSC
If you do this kind of story try to slow down the pace and analyse one aspect of belonging in this story. Don't make it action packed ( i don't think markers like that) but more psychological/emotional.

HSC
yeah remember your structure for a story e.g. orientation, conflict, sequence of events, crisis, climax, resolution, coda (optional)
but you can start and end at different sections

sdaver

HSC
markers dont like them type of stories.
I agree.

While the introduction is engaging (and an interesting subject matter) it may not appeal to the markers. Just hammer the concept of belonging a bit more and consider in some shape or form making the story personal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)