This Years English Paper Was Hard (1 Viewer)

kc-ok-la

HSC
just the comprehension,
specifically the photography crap,
and the cave nature thing,
but the poem and the journey essay was moderately easy

mel_thinks

HSC
i felt that they were very specific in what they wanted
most in the people in my year found it very hard, while i spoke to a girl from another school that said the exam was exactly what her school had prepared her for.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Compared to previous years, it was certainly hard. It wasn't excruciatingly difficult, but it was much harder than I expected.

the_essence

HSC
I found it reasonable, yet much harder than what i expected. I think i did very well, and i dunno why everyone's saying the comprehension was hard. It was EAASSYY; much easier than trial stuff i did.
The extended response was far more challenging i reckon, and i precisely like it for that reason. It will distinguish between prepared essays and the people who actually answered the question.

=smashly=

HSC
creative writing was bs.
i had prepared my own storyline and adventure then they ask me about a journey of discovery and give us a crappy quote which totally screwed my prepared one over, thereforth forcing me to write a complete piece of crap.

dam u hsc!

Last edited:

pist_pete

HSC
i felt the comprehension was damn hard...but apart from that my essay + creative tasks should do reasonable.... The quote for creative was abit random tho, but i somehow incorporated it.:santa: :eek:

nanini

HSC
for sure!
i found last years one moderately easy and the questions in section 2 & 3 were quite broad. you could write about anything for the creative writing! and the imaginative journeys questions was perfect - the human experience actually relates to imaginative journeys!!
this years was a lot harder - maybe the pressure that it actually counts, heightens the difficulty of it! maybe... but the creative writing was way too specific. old man... straight away i thought of war vetern and used my modern history knowledge of world war one lol. unless your prepared answer had an old man in it you were screwed...its just like english ext - stamping out any possible thoughts of writing a "this is what i prepared earlier" story!
and what was with the process of speculation!!!! i don't think i really knew what it meant (until i looked it up in the dictionary as soon as i got home!) but that too was narrow (and weird).

good luck to everyone for the rest of this painful time!

passion89

HSC
I personally felt that 2005's paper 1 was a little easier. That said, I was pretty happy with what I wrote and how I prepared for the exam.

meteorangela

HSC
AGREE!!

I did the past papers from 04 and 05, and they were really easy, even when i hadn't fully studied yet. AT LEAST I UNDERSTOOD THEQUESTION!! argh. sorry i'm just stumped because i'm not sure if i answered it corectly or not :(

[R]amen

HSC
I agree that generally this year's paper is harder than previous papers

Section I - personally I think that this one's the hardest amongst other sections. The text prose one is the most challenging in particular.

Section II - T__T I have prepared a nice piece of narrative for this one but it couldn't fit nicely into the quote so instead I had to recycle the piece that I wrote for both of my half yearly and trials *sighs* but o well, at least I had something to write although I still have to manipulate it a little bit to fit into the stimulus better

Section III - This one's okay. Coincidentally I did a practice by adapting my prepared essay into argument form just the day before so yeah, it's all good.

sweet_919

HSC
[R]amen said:
I agree that generally this year's paper is harder than previous papers

Section I - personally I think that this one's the hardest amongst other sections. The text prose one is the most challenging in particular.

Section II - T__T I have prepared a nice piece of narrative for this one but it couldn't fit nicely into the quote so instead I had to recycle the piece that I wrote for both of my half yearly and trials *sighs* but o well, at least I had something to write although I still have to manipulate it a little bit to fit into the stimulus better

Section III - This one's okay. Coincidentally I did a practice by adapting my prepared essay into argument form just the day before so yeah, it's all good.

i used the quote at the start as a voice of the old mans grandson then i inserted a prepared story in about a boy as though the old man was reliving the story with his grandson - if that makes sense - i was really happy with this question!!

Last edited:

s2indie

HSC
It wasn't that hard. Harder than the 05 paper though.

sarakolahdouzan

HSC
haha thats exactly what i did *sweet_919*.. although i kinda freaked and and after the quote i just write.. and this is how his story went.. then just wrote my prepared story he he he... i dont even know if it had any relevence to a discovery.. or if i did it correct.. im kinda hoping that my descriptive words and techniqes n stuff will give me a fair bit of marks.. although i will lose marks coz i didnt make it very relevant to what it was asking.. owell.. im not good at spontaneous creativity.. il probabli do better than wot i wuld have if i had to write one on the spot lol.

harmanksaini

HSC
LOL!! funnni stuff ppzzz!!! lol yeh i thot the essay wasnt tooooo bad.. u cud twist it into woteva ur fing woz.. i prolli spent 40 minz on my essay... loooooool the comprehension.. *sighz * dat woz quite shit i rekon.... lol! i had noooo idea hhooooo da hell nomads are.. (yeh im bludy dumb!)... so i fugred deyre prolli sum kinda ttraveller considering the bludy exam is abt journey... lol! prose extract was aiiiight..... took a bit to find techniques and the poem>!??!?!? wtffffff.... im lyk riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeeeeee.... hooo rote that the gurl was imagining all the stuff in the begining and den comes bak to reality in the end??? cuz i haddd noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ideaaaa... looooooool!!!!! and yeah... creative response... lolaa... my story woz about a pregnant woman and how she raises her little son.... fitting the bludy wrinkled old man was a bit of a shitholeeeeeeeeee... looool.. sum dramatic twists in dere.... predictable twists... lol!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)