this years Major Project ideas? (1 Viewer)

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
hey.. whats everyone doing for their major project

i was gonna do an anime-style flash animation.. no meaning.. just a cool anime
im alright at drawing, so the project isnt a problem at all.. i have 5 years experience with flash too

anyway.. problem was we got a bit of briefing.. no violence (storyline gone :p), and it had to be interactive.. so now im in a bit of a muddle

anyone got any ideas? i had this idea of making a company site, for graphic design..
eg: i make a site which is for a made-up company that designs graphics and does digital advertising etc..

just a site, but it would have full interactivity, sorta has a market.. and i guess it matches criteria
would just be a full flash site with alot of portfolio work ive done i guess

think they'd let me do that or what?

Srixon

HSC
Mate you should of done Timber products and furniture industries not softcore multimedia. But hey website idea seems good just ask your teacher to get ideas and ask on here to see what type of projects have gained good marks in previous years because they still view the site sometimes.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
DERRICKISVIET said:
hey.. whats everyone doing for their major project

i was gonna do an anime-style flash animation.. no meaning.. just a cool anime
im alright at drawing, so the project isnt a problem at all.. i have 5 years experience with flash too

anyway.. problem was we got a bit of briefing.. no violence (storyline gone :p), and it had to be interactive.. so now im in a bit of a muddle

anyone got any ideas? i had this idea of making a company site, for graphic design..
eg: i make a site which is for a made-up company that designs graphics and does digital advertising etc..

just a site, but it would have full interactivity, sorta has a market.. and i guess it matches criteria
would just be a full flash site with alot of portfolio work ive done i guess

think they'd let me do that or what?

First off eww eww eww you shouldn't make a website entirely out of flash EVER! Its ok to have animations on it and stuff but NEVER make a site entirely out of it. But I do like you're protfolio idea,however you'd never be able to put ur name or anything on it. Ask your teacher anyway but I mean.. I made a CD-ROM (educational one) with Video and games and stuff on it and got 95.6 for it so yeah.

Hey gtg sorry really busy PM me if you wanna know more

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
flipsyde said:
First off eww eww eww you shouldn't make a website entirely out of flash EVER! Its ok to have animations on it and stuff but NEVER make a site entirely out of it. But I do like you're protfolio idea,however you'd never be able to put ur name or anything on it. Ask your teacher anyway but I mean.. I made a CD-ROM (educational one) with Video and games and stuff on it and got 95.6 for it so yeah.

Hey gtg sorry really busy PM me if you wanna know more
are you sure ;o? is it bad for the project or what
because all the leading webdesign sites are composed entirely in flash, but with a bit of asp to link the portfolio pages etc..
i could still have video interactivity within flash

ah yeah also.. with the name thing, are you not allowed to have a name on your project for your hsc? i cant ask my teacher cos hes away on lifesaving for year9's or something.. so i got a casual sub

*EDIT*
also had this idea, to make it so my portfolio has a button that converts the page into a personal section.. where i have info about myself, schooling.. etc..

do they allow shit like that?

Last edited:

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
flash site is the way to go really they will be really impressed and yeah.
take my advice and run with your idea, it sounds like a 99+ idea if you execute it well. :) good work

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
flipsyde, do you mind uploading your 95.6 MW here please?

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
thanks for the heads up ;D
im gonna ask my teacher (hopefully he gets back this week) if i can do something along the lines of what im choosing
which i guess ive decided to be part portfolio part personal site

Srixon

HSC
Flipsyde probably doesnt have an idea how to use flash so she is telling you not to do it and probably doesnt want you to get better marks then what she did. Mwahhahaha

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
haha
i wanted to do a how to cwalk tutorial before.. but then i realised how shit marks i'd get.. hahaha ;p but i enjoy it alot
but then again its gang related.. so i guess thats a no also

anywhom.. updates on my project, im doing a flash animation.. on what NOT to do in school... im trying to make it comedic, and extremely interactive ;D should be fun to make

portfolio is the only thing annoying me :\ anyone know where i can get a copy of the book that has portfolio info on it? or could anyone up a FULL portfolio guide? so i get every single section covered!? thanks

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Jon73 said:
flipsyde, do you mind uploading your 95.6 MW here please?
*sigh* I cant cos its a huge thing.. and yes I have an idea of how to use flash... my entire majpr was a CD-ROM made from flash and Im the flash guru at uni and I catually tutor it... so y'all dunno what ur say ing *rolls eyes*

Im not having a go at Jon but Ill post my result up for you if u need proof

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Srixon said:
Flipsyde probably doesnt have an idea how to use flash so she is telling you not to do it and probably doesnt want you to get better marks then what she did. Mwahhahaha
we'll just have to wait and see wont we :p...

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
DERRICKISVIET said:
*EDIT*
also had this idea, to make it so my portfolio has a button that converts the page into a personal section.. where i have info about myself, schooling.. etc..

do they allow shit like that?
heh yeah they do lik eit.. but do it only if you have time to..its a lot quiker to do a paper portfolio but hey go for it... also whe you talk about video in flash... I did itr and if you make the quality too high the file wont render it will crash everytime you go to export to see what the whole thing looks like... Plus Im at uni now and Ive been taugh about making sites with flash.. these days peopel dont like it and wont employ people who do it.. its ok to have flash components.

By the way I know this doesnt prove much.. but itll do for now until I can scan my sresults in.. that is if you want them

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
flipsyde said:
heh yeah they do lik eit.. but do it only if you have time to..its a lot quiker to do a paper portfolio but hey go for it... also whe you talk about video in flash... I did itr and if you make the quality too high the file wont render it will crash everytime you go to export to see what the whole thing looks like... Plus Im at uni now and Ive been taugh about making sites with flash.. these days peopel dont like it and wont employ people who do it.. its ok to have flash components.

By the way I know this doesnt prove much.. but itll do for now until I can scan my sresults in.. that is if you want them
wow.. nice stats ;D top achiever thingy
did that drag your UAI up? haha.. im doing decent in all subjects except biology.. and cant change/drop it due to lack of units.. so im kind of screwed :\ i wish theyd hurry up and open a senior science class on my line..

btw did you like my new idea? about the cartoon dealing with problems kids are having in school? i think im good to go, aside from the portfolio which is my major concern :\ and ive got all these assessments coming up

Srixon

HSC
flipsyde sorry if u were offended just having a joke seen u post heaps on here about multimedia and were offering tutoring i think so i knew u know a fair bit just felt like seeing your reaction. lol

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
DERRICKISVIET said:
wow.. nice stats ;D top achiever thingy
did that drag your UAI up? haha.. im doing decent in all subjects except biology.. and cant change/drop it due to lack of units.. so im kind of screwed :\ i wish theyd hurry up and open a senior science class on my line..

btw did you like my new idea? about the cartoon dealing with problems kids are having in school? i think im good to go, aside from the portfolio which is my major concern :\ and ive got all these assessments coming up
hehe eah the new idea sounds great...Sorry I've just been away fro a week on a college assignment thingo but yeah great! keep me updated on what ur doing nd Ill offer advice... If you like of course lol :)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Srixon said:
flipsyde sorry if u were offended just having a joke seen u post heaps on here about multimedia and were offering tutoring i think so i knew u know a fair bit just felt like seeing your reaction. lol
hehe yeah its ok I was having a bad day is all :)

... but lets try and not get off topic here r the thread will be closed. So... whats everyone else doing?

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
I can't decide. :( Friends are doing totally cool stuff, and I can't think of anything half decent.

Ah well.

BTW, if no-one cleared this up for you, NO, you can't put your name on your major, whether it be the actual project or any documentation. I think the markers actually come to your school (?), and I think you can have other stuff, like you reading in the background or something, but no name. Your BOS number replaces your name.
Hmm... 'tis a bit like a robot, isn't it? Being identified by a number, and all...

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
thats right. I was actually in mine... video-wise cos I ran out of people who could help me but I just wrote "my friend Rebecca" and reffered to myself in 3rd person when talking about what ther person was doing hehe

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Haha, nice one. Did your teacher mind at all?

What exactly was your topic? I know you said education with videos and games, etc., but was it like a little-kid's "ABC" learning program or something?

DERRICKISVIET

HSC
incase anyone was wondering, i decided a while ago
im making an animated yearbook.. in other words, a cartoon of my grade's lives (in general, but kind of leaning towards me personally) from year 7 - 12 ;D its gonna have all our excursions, the school cert... camps.. hsc (which ill have to make up because i finish the project before the exams), and like first days and anything else significant ;D!

ill up it to the net when im done (if your still all here in a few months), if its too big ill just make it an avi loolol.. i plan to make it pretty detailed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)