This year's Pharmacy cut-off (1 Viewer)

Arithela

HSC
For the people who got into pharmacy this year, could you please post your uai + csp or dfee. Thanks!!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol , or we could just tell you the cutoff ? :)
a guy called up UAC , and the woman there said it was close to 93 this year.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Are you serious its around 93? It usually hovers around 95-96. Did the cut-off go down by that much?

chocomania

HSC
WOW 93?? are you sure?
can any of you tell me about the STAT and what its basically about? also, is the multiple choice section or the english section needed for pharmacy?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yep. im sure its gone down to about 93 , cos i got into dfee and my uai was 88.95. yeah lots of people were surprised too :) we're all just lucky this year i suppose haha.

this next bit is just hearsay , but apparently a lot of kids forgot to mention that they did STAT in their UAC applications - so that might be a reason for the drop in the cut-off too.

hope that helps ^^

chocomania said:
can any of you tell me about the STAT and what its basically about? also, is the multiple choice section or the english section needed for pharmacy?
lol its just analysing the data given to you - not too bad :). and you only need multiple choice lol.

conman

HSC
Just clarify something. this year phar cut off at Sydney Uni was 96 (stat above 150), cause I got 94.75 and still not be in Syd phar course.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
In regard to the forgetting to say people did the STAT test i don't think thats exactly right because i did my test and the night before the main round closed i emailed UAC and they said my results had automatically been linked to my application (ie. i didn't do anything with my results) and to the last person ... thats weird you didnt get in ... my uai was lower :S and i got in .... csp too.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
wth .. i know someone who got mid 93s and got in csp o_O. duno what happened there.

hctaha said:
In regard to the forgetting to say people did the STAT test i don't think thats exactly right because i did my test and the night before the main round closed i emailed UAC and they said my results had automatically been linked to my application
yeah twas just stuff i heard xD .. for those who completed STAT but didn't submit a "full application" thru uac methinks ? -shrugs- :p

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
I think what happened was, there were major revamping in the pharm ug system this year...
first year curriculum got wiped with new subjects (tho all the content is relatively similar) -- they just introd some units and erased some unnecessary units.

What happened with the undergrad entry system was, they got rid of mature aged entry scheme since there is a master of pharm program anyway.
AND they got rid of Bpharm (rural) ~ haha so it basically gives more open slots for more high school leavers who were wanting to apply~

it would explain the sudden uai drop~ tho I'm still a little disappointed it stumbled below the 95 mark >_<"

lala2

Banned
HSC
I can clarify it was around 93--places opened up due to natural govt funding, and probably for the reasons brilliance mentioned above--I didn't know they shut B.Pharm.(rural) but there you go.

- L -

HSC
the usyd book 2008 said the cut off was 93.15
BUT i have a hunch its going to rocket up this year as alot of people are going to apply thinking its alot easier to get in to dragging the cut off back to 95- 96
it was 97 in 2004

samponian

HSC
96.1 with a stat 176, but even though the uai entry seems low, its still a very challenging course and from whom ive spoken to in it, the average uai seems to range from 93's to 99's so i guess 93 would be the cut.

dolbinau

HSC
*bump* can anyone help me with the STAT test and UAC? I plan to take it after the HSC; what will I have to do to ensure my application is Valid? (Or does UAC do it all for me; for the UMAT test we applied directly to the UNIs with our numbers so I don't know :S)

kevda1st

HSC
About the UAI for Pharm. What do you reckon the will be like for 2009? Go up back to 95ish or stay at the 93 area???

lala2

Banned
HSC
dolbinau--make sure you link the STAT number to your UAC application, or where ever the space for it is. I'm pretty sure there was such a space, but I (obviously) can't remember what it is. If you're worried, call up UAC or ask anyone else who's applying for pharmacy

kevda1st--could go either way, actually. If people out there think the cutoff is related to the hardness and therefore the prestige, they may not apply and the cutoff may stay the same (there are people like that). If people however, think that they should apply because it's easier to get in, then the cutoff will probably rise. who knows? however, they did open up places in the year above me and hence their cutoff has dropped but was maintained over the entrance year for my year and the year below that. As the cutoff has dropped due to more places, it may very well stay the same too if the trend of the year above us, our year and the year below us says anything. It's all quite wishy washy really, and you'd be best to focus on your studying :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)