Those Cheap Mobile Phones online (1 Viewer)

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Has anyone ever bought those cheap mobile phones sold on the internet, for example a Nokia N73 is about $ 700 on retail stores but they are available from $ 470 upwards online. They seemed to be imported from Asia and I am just wondering whether it will be worth the savings? Not wanting to advertise but you know what i mean here http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-24485.html

sladehk

le random
HSC
but you don't get warranty and stuff

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
not true

my SE was imported from hong kong 2 months ago (due out for release here in july) and it came with a 1 year australian warranty too

saved myself ~$300 all up

go for it.

Pace_T

HSC
i'd say look into it further. i know that they have international warranties and sometimes even says australian warranty but if something really does go wrong with it, u have no hope of getting it fixed. but then again, if it was up to me, i wouldnt buy it full stop, its not worth the risk...

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
just make sure you know 100% that you're getting an australian warranty, rather than the international ones

it's fine.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Yeah I bought one from http://www.exeltek.com.au/secure/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1060
It has 1 yr australian warranty from Nokia and it cost $ 520 plus $9 postage (delivered within 2 days) It came with 3 software already loaded but it is not locked.

I am pretty satisfied so far, I just love the camera and now i can leave behind my ipod and camera at home. here is a pic taken last week(resized)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Just a warning for some- A lot of the 'new' phones bought on the net from hong kong/singapore/southern china are refurbished and sold as new (fully repacked etc). If they are refurbished by an authorised factory they usually have an international or regional warranty with nokia.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
So far i bought 2 nokia phones from the net using ebay. Both were bought from same guy from hong kong and both phones are excellent + have warranty because nokia warranty is not based on the shop you purchased it from, they offer like 1 year limited warranty.
If you are not too keen on buying as u cant trust the seller, if you use ebay check the sellers rating eg. 98+ rating is good + read and check the reviews they got by other buyers as this indicates if the seller is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)