• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Thoughts About My Subject Choices (1 Viewer)

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm wanting to know what you think of my choices for yr 11 2007

yr 11
2 Unit Maths (aka Mathematics) - 2
Advanced English - 2
Economics - 2
Business Studies - 2
Chemistry - 2
Legal Studies - 2

Total: 12 Units

yr 12
2 Unit Maths (aka Mathematics) - 2
Advanced English - 2
Economics - 2
Chemistry - 2
Legal Studies - 2

Total: 10 Units

Im wanting to study Economics at either Sydney Uni or UNSW

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Drop chem instead for your hsc and do business studies? Because you want to study economics.

Unless you need the scaling of chem or you're extemely good at it.

Btw i'd also take business studies ahead of legal studies because business studies would be more relevant to economics probably.

ane_st

HSC
Woah don't go to far ahead of yourself.. Once you start your subjects, then you will be able to decide what choices you want to drop in yr12... And it wouldnt be a great idea to drop your subjects in yr12 in case you screw up your others..

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
There are advantages to 10 units too though i guess. Mainly the amount of frees and (normally) less homework/assessments :D

But yeah its true you can decide what you like or dislike in prelim and then make your decisions accordingly for the hsc. ATM however and judging by what you have already posted, my above post still stands as what i believe is the best for you

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Exactly. Don't decide on what you want to do so early. You may realise by the end of the year that you suck at one subject you thought that you would be really good at. Or you may just really hate another.

Also, I'd seriously consider keeping twelve units. It's a good feeling to know that if you feel you've screwed an HSC exam (God forbid), then it won't count.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
like everyone else, dont go ahead of yourself and try and figure out what you're goin to drop already.

i was really sure that modern history would be my bludge subject and that i'd keep all the rest, but i ended up dropping ext1 maths and modern history is one of my best subjects.

you dont know what turns things might take, and you haven't gotten into the courses yet so you dont really know what they'll be like.

keep an open mind :) and i'd also suggest that doing more than 10 units is generally better as it gives you a buffer if you stuff up. it's less stressful in my opinion...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)