Thoughts: CSSA English Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

deviouswatch

HSC
Can I just remind everyone that we should avoid mentioning specific texts/questions as contained in the papers and keep the discussion general as people can still resit the exams if they were away!

evee_888

HSC
What's the likelihood they'll ask for two related for history and memory

jennaa27

HSC
N/A
anyone got any tips for hamlet cause im freaking out right now... its the most unpredictable module :( can I just drop English

Ballinnn

HSC
does every school effectively do the same CSSA trial? I heard the girl school next door to mine were given quotes instead of stimulus pictures.

YuMaNuMa

HSC
I think creative writing screwed me over. I made many links to journey, which was presumably the "element" in image 1, but never once did I make specific references to the map, boots or compass.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
does every school effectively do the same CSSA trial? I heard the girl school next door to mine were given quotes instead of stimulus pictures.
Schools aren't allowed to modify the CSSA trial except to replace questions that cover content that hasn't been taught yet. Either the school next door was breaching their agreement with CSSA or they weren't doing the CSSA paper at all.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I really liked the paper. Did it chronologically, 6/6/6 pages.
The first and fourth texts in S1 were a gift!

Pretty fucked for modules though.
You write the exact same amount as me lol (I do 6/6/6 pages).

Also don't lie, you are gonna ace modules.

YuMaNuMa

HSC
does it matter with creative if you didn't link directly to the image itself? my creative was about how this little boy feels isolated as at family events he has to always sit alone at the dreaded kids table... cute story... related it to the fish i.e. all the adults on one table and the single one by itself.... i wrote three pages.. hope thats okay!
If so, this year's creative was beyond restrictive. People who had prepared a response may as well throw out 70% of the content. I doubt that this is the case though as who on earth could possibly base an entire response on a fish jumping out of a bowl. I think it's just the concept that counts (journey, family, identity/conformity). I might just be fooling myself though.

acallus

HSC
anyone else scared? tomorrows the only exam im worried about.
Same here... English is my only worry, but Belonging is alright. The modules is what's going to screw a whole bunch of people. If they ask for two texts for Module C I'm really done - don't even have time to finish my first ORT properly.

kourto

HSC
does it matter with creative if you didn't link directly to the image itself? my creative was about how this little boy feels isolated as at family events he has to always sit alone at the dreaded kids table... cute story... related it to the fish i.e. all the adults on one table and the single one by itself.... i wrote three pages.. hope thats okay!

did anyone else find section one (comprehension) really annoying! the memoir extract i found difficult to comprehend at least it was only two marks.... i wrote 3 pages for that..

the essay ahh dont get me started! i did Skrzyneckis St Patrick College and 10 mary street and the film The blind Side...nah it actually went alright, i had saved about 15-20 mins through finishing creative and short answers quite efficiently so i could have more time to plan and think out my essay... even though i had this extra time i still ran out!!! my teacher was like 'two minutes to go' so i had to quickly do a conclusion and dot point the last technique i wanted to make in my final paragraph!

tomorrow will be the killer! any tips on time management?!!! anyone else scared? tomorrows the only exam im worried about.

kourto

HSC
she could have done the public school paper that differs from the CSSA catholic one :)

the_one_1

HSC
Didnt know so many schools had trials today.
Section I) wrote too much for a 5 mark question. Spent 40 mins instead of 20m.
section II) WTF. Somehow i wrote full 2 pages which took 40 mins... full of descriptions tho. gonna fail for quantity
sectin III) 2.5 pages used- had 10min left for related. at least i had a conclusion. Other students didnt finish by writing 4 pages.
bye uni, hello tafe :(
you still have the final HSC exams. Trials isn't everything. The HSC is everything in yr 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)