Thoughts: CSSA SOR1&2 (1 Viewer)

mauricee

HSC
thought it was great. only tricky thing was probably the short answer for religion and non religion. didnt seem like I wrote 5 marks worth of info if you get what I mean. didnt focus on materialism that much and that happened to be the question :( apart from that I actually enjoyed doing the exam (which is really rare) and finished with like 20 minutes

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
thought it was great. only tricky thing was probably the short answer for religion and non religion. didnt seem like I wrote 5 marks worth of info if you get what I mean. didnt focus on materialism that much and that happened to be the question :( apart from that I actually enjoyed doing the exam (which is really rare) and finished with like 20 minutes
link it into individualism next time :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
individuals find fulfilment in materialistic possessions
It was pretty basic but yeah

I referenced some census material in the 5 marker for changing religious patterns as well

mauricee

HSC
individuals find fulfilment in materialistic possessions
It was pretty basic but yeah

I referenced some census material in the 5 marker for changing religious patterns as well

yeah but how does that influence the growth on new religious expression, so I think we had to talk about how the increasing yearning for materialism is a catalyst in the rise of new religions expressions such as the new age religion which aim for personal fulfilment rather than fulfilment form the materialistic world. i dont know if im making any sense ?!? lol

and yeah I made up all my census data because I couldnt remember exact numbers. and used one of the mc questions that had statistics from 1947 to answer the 5 marker ahhah

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but how does that influence the growth on new religious expression, so I think we had to talk about how the increasing yearning for materialism is a catalyst in the rise of new religions expressions such as the new age religion which aim for personal fulfilment rather than fulfilment form the materialistic world. i dont know if im making any sense ?!? lol

and yeah I made up all my census data because I couldnt remember exact numbers. and used one of the mc questions that had statistics from 1947 to answer the 5 marker ahhah
lol
won't you get deducted if the numbers are wrong?

yeah, personal fulfillment through materialism which the traditionalized religions are devoid of

Traveller0901

HSC
what exactly did you guys talk about for the extended response for islam? - having second thoughts about whether i actually answered the question or not...

moocow920

HSC
I did christianity
Me too, nooo idea if I even answered the question, what kind of things did you talk about? I was really unprepared because I'm not too stressed about how I go in SOR so I wasn't sure if you were supposed to talk about the question in relation so significant person, practice, beliefs or what

mauricee

HSC
what exactly did you guys talk about for the extended response for islam? - having second thoughts about whether i actually answered the question or not...
I did Christianity too but im pretty sure they all had the same questions which asked how sacred texts can call upon the wisdom of the past to address modern issues and concerns. this is not word for word but it was something along these lines according to my memory!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Me too, nooo idea if I even answered the question, what kind of things did you talk about? I was really unprepared because I'm not too stressed about how I go in SOR so I wasn't sure if you were supposed to talk about the question in relation so significant person, practice, beliefs or what

yeah

john paul II/baptism/bioethics

all intertwined

baptism initiation ritual into a life of christ whether aspersion, immersion or iffusion; an individual requires to develop an authentic religious identity (i.e. in response to their baptismal call) (baptise all nations verse) and others

so for example john paul bioethics > quoted him in his encyclicals > e.g. that abortion is murder and is therefore not permissible - so John Paul responding to his baptismal call by never letting the influence of the scared texts dissipate, but rather they influence the living and dynamic religion that operates > so by john paul II equalizing abortion with murder, connoting it as the "deliberate and intentional killing", we can refer back to the sacred text being the bible "thou shall not kill" (exodus 20:13)

so this presents that the sacred text is foundational in formulating contemporaneous bioethical standpoints, and john paul II is the magestirium who communicates this and always creates a reconciliation between the present belief and sacred text - they are inseparable from each other

so I did that for euthanasia and suicide as well (even though suicide is not contemporary, he still talked about it and reaffirmed its immorality, again creating the link between bible and his communicated word)

did a bit about unity, as God has taught as to love one other, quoting his other encyclical "unity is the divine will of God"

etc etc

I wrote 5 pages for that

religion and peace was amazing, we got the same question as our assessment task a few weeks ago, just not the quote (which was so easy to disprove anyway - as the texts are foundational in guiding an adherent into a state of inner peace)

Last edited:

SharkeyBoy

HSC
Is this for section 3?
I did Islam! - I flooded my response with Qu'ran/Hadith quotes and related them to bioethics and Hajj (my practice and ethics area), saying that the texts were the "widsom from the past"
I then talked about Rabi'a (my sig. person) and said she was significant in influencing modern concerns and issues

norwegianwood

HSC
i know i definitely got one of the multiple choice questions wrong (as per usual) but otherwise i'm pretty happy

religion and peace - 6 pages (worst section, i didn't study for this, we had only started it last week)
i chose judaism for the essay (moses maimonides / enviro ethics / synagogue services) - 11 pages

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
i know i definitely got one of the multiple choice questions wrong (as per usual) but otherwise i'm pretty happy

religion and peace - 6 pages (worst section, i didn't study for this, we had only started it last week)
i chose judaism for the essay (moses maimonides / enviro ethics / synagogue serves) - 11 pages
lol
what size is your writing? like 48?

I probably did 1200ish for religion and peace

and about 1000ish for christianity

norwegianwood

HSC
lol
what size is your writing? like 48?

I probably did 1200ish for religion and peace

and about 1000ish for christianity
nah i just had HEAPS of time because i did the MC/short answer in like 50 minutes. then did judaism for over an hour. then rushed religion & peace at the end.
i suppose i write pretty big in exams, about 6 words per line?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
nah i just had HEAPS of time because i did the MC/short answer in like 50 minutes. then did judaism for over an hour. then rushed religion & peace at the end.
i suppose i write pretty big in exams, about 6 words per line?
WOW
lol
I write like 13 words per line minimum

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
What was the Aborignal multiple choice question where you where given an extract and like "Reconiciliation" and "Stolen Generations" were given as options?
I put down Stolen Generation because the question asked about missions iirc but my memory is terrishit so let's not trust me on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)