thoughts? iv'e been thinkin about this (1 Viewer)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
so lawyers have certain duties they must abide by (such as duty to advise and duty to the client) … however there are also conflicts of interest they must be aware of (in this case it would be solicitor-client), where the lawyer knows of their clients guilt they have a few options but ultimately they must still act within the best interests of their client no matter what - check rule 20.2 of USCR. There are also some rules which allow the solicitor to come forward and disclose such confidential information.

There was actually a case about this where a man was falsely convicted of murder and he was only acquitted after the actual criminal had passed, and it was only then that those lawyers said something.

katiekms

HSC
ANYONE THAT DOES LAW OR OTHERWISE GIVE ME UR OPINION
meh kinda really sucks but i guess everyone deserves a defence since there’s always the chance that they’re innocent so it’s not fair to take that right away from certain people ya know. and plus if we know who was and wasn’t guilty there’d be no point of a court system lol. it’s about balancing the rights of victims offenders and society i suppose hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)