Thoughts on SAM (1 Viewer)

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Do you think it's accurate? Who actually believes it? I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I'll try it when I get my HSC results back (haha, that's in a year!) Or any year 12 2006 student mind trying it out and reporting back?

I think though, that it's just based on the 2005 HSC... But, I have no evidence, just my own thoughts... Just plain guessing *shrugs*

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i wouldnt call it stupid nor inaccurate
these things change every year, depending on how the cohort goes
i would say its relatively close though

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
mzduxx2006 said:
i think its stupid. and way unaccurate. i mean it says i will get 95+ ahaha i WISH!
more like you can't predict your own HSC marks as opposed to SAM being inaccurate. It works pretty accurate within the criteria you set - namely, fake marks which you have no basis to justify.

For me and my brother it was accurate using real HSC results.

P

pLuvia

Well that means you overestimated your marks, or you put your school marks in which gives a very inaccurate prediction and should never been done like that to predict UAI.

It was 0.05 off mine, underestimated my UAI, but SAM works more accurately with UAI's in the higher proportion as there is limited information on those UAI's in the lower proportion

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
pLuvia said:
Well that means you overestimated your marks, or you put your school marks in which gives a very inaccurate prediction and should never been done like that to predict UAI.

It was 0.05 off mine, underestimated my UAI, but SAM works more accurately with UAI's in the higher proportion as there is limited information on those UAI's in the lower proportion
You mean there are a lot more people with UAIs > 50 and less people with UAIs < 50 , not 30,000 kids with UAIs < 50 and another 30,000 kids with UAIs > 50 if there were 60,000 kids who applied for UAI ?

tennille

HSC
The Bored of Studies team used the data from previous HSC students to determine how to calculate UAIs. For example, the 2004 HSC students posted up their HSC marks and UAIs, so they could create an updated version of SAM based on results in 2004. Only a limited number of members posted up their results, and of course, they were the ones who received considerably high UAIs. As a result, there is limited data on lower UAI scores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)