Thoughts on TABL1710 (flex. comm. core courses) (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
So for my double degree, sometime during my time at uni, I have to complete a "flexible commerce core course". This is what UNSW website has to say -

Flexible Commerce core course (6 UOC) Students should choose one course from the following list:

•INFS1602 Info Systems in Business (6 UOC)
•MARK1012 Marketing Fundamentals (6 UOC)
•TABL1710 Business and the Law (6 UOC)

So, I looked at each. And I'm just curious to start thinking about which one I will probs choose (I know way early, but I am like that! haha). TABL1710 appeals to me the most. Now, I did some looking around on BOS and there is very little about it. One thread was solely about it, but nothing much there tbh.

So, I am keen to hear your insights/experiences/thoughts about TABL1710!!

Thanks

mreditor16

HSC
Especially in regard to difficulty, lecturers, tutors, scaling, marking, assessments and interest level!!

VBN2470

HSC
Uni Grad
Have you tried the UNSW Subject Reviews thread? There is lots of info there and you may come across some reviews for the subjects you listed. Should give you a brief idea on what each course is like in terms of difficulty, lecturers, tutors, content and assessments etc.

mreditor16

HSC
Have you tried the UNSW Subject Reviews thread? There is lots of info there and you may come across some reviews for the subjects you listed. Should give you a brief idea on what each course is like in terms of difficulty, lecturers, tutors, content and assessments etc.
I tried that thread, there is nothing about TABL1710! :/

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
TABL1710
Difficulty: Moderately Hard, esp.the negligence test...
Lecturer: Leela is the most outstanding lecturer.. Every legal case becomes vividly interesting illustrated by her. Basically She spoon feeds u....
Tutor: My tutor is Hui, she is really patient and nice to students!
Scaling: normal not much scaling imo
Assessment: Adequate only 1 short and 1 long legal essay
Final: Very legit paper, differentiates well between HD and CR students .
Interest: Extremely interesting (but requires hell lot of hard work)

mreditor16

HSC
Thanks guys! This is what a friend had to say -

" Really enjoyable and i would highly recommend it. I had an amazing lecturer (Leela). Difficulty wise it isn't that hard and a lot of marks are given away with forum participation, class presentations etc. The exam is just two essays and two short answer questions and the main prep is learning your cases. The only issue i had was that only 2 lecture times ran so it was pretty crappy to organise within your timetable. "

Alkanes

HSC
Essay-writing focused course through both assessments and final exam. Interesting introductory first year course that gives you a slight taste of what law is really like. Not that difficult if you're good at essay writing. Out of those three flexible courses - i would definitely pick this.

asi9

HSC
INFS1602 > TABL1710 > MARK1012 in regards to effort-to-WAM ratio

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
In regards to effort to WAM ratio TABL1710 is wayyy HIGHER than MARK1012

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)