Thoughts on the exam? (1 Viewer)

_Josh_

HSC
I talked about aerobic and strength (syllabus says talk about two) and within I talked about different sports and how it improves performance. What did others do ?
Yeh I spoke about Strength training (Resistance - elastics, hydraulics, Weight - db's barbells, and then Isometric) and Flexibility training and tried to apply them to a lot of different sports, but it all kept coming to Basketball for me haha :/
IDK, the question just felt too simple that I didn't really know what to talk about. I just talked mainly about specificity and how they relate to aspects in sport.

HSC
It was an 8 marker so yeah didn't have to go into to much depth I guess. I guess the main points were to outline the types and the feature (2 for each) and the 2 each for the description and comparison of sports and how you're training type suggested improved performance in said sport

Mammem1

HSC
I talked about aerobic and strength (syllabus says talk about two) and within I talked about different sports and how it improves performance. What did others do ?
Yep same with a range of sports.

Mammem1

HSC
Just died a little when reading some comments on the hsc 2014 fb page and a girl thought the taping qn was tapering spelled incorrectly -_-

epic nerd

HSC
N/A
Everything was pretty good, the only thing that sucked was the Health of Young people question A) Compare the health status of youth to other age groups.
That is literally the smallest thing in the syllabus. Evil BOS testing us on that when the topic is about youth.
Also I'd practiced numerous questions on the SJP and OC because there had been 8 markers on it in almost every exam before hand. I mastered that question and they didn't even ask it.

nedshneebly

HSC
I definitely may have over thought Q3 (What is the purpose of epidemiology?) but my understanding is epidemiology does not identify causes of diseases in a population thus ruling out (A) 'To identify causes and patterns of disease in a population'.
Instead I put C) 'To determine how health care budgets are managed by governments'

dshah73

HSC
haha really, I thought partnerships were okay. just wrote some crap about intersectoral collaboration haha

What did you put for validity and reliability? I just dont even know if I wrote the right things lol like srs of all parts of the syllabus they choose THAT?

On another note, I think I wrote more than English paper 2. My hand is so disfigured gg swelling might need some taping and RICER
I wrote about OBJECTIVE MEASURES FOR PERFORMANCE ATTRIBUTES and SUBJECTIVE MEASURES FOR SKILL ATTRIBUTES... don't think its entirely right, but meh. The 8 MARKER ON PARTNERSHIPS I JUST WROTE ABOUT: greater pooling of experise/resources, less duplication of effort, solving cultural determinants (ie, ATSI'S), and used BREASTSCREEN AUSTRALIA as an example, and briefly talked about NATIONAL TOBACCO STRATEGY.
8 MARKER ON TAPING WAS GOOD, though they could have talked about TREATMENT/BANDAGING as well.

nedshneebly

HSC
I referred to all 3 types of taping in my response because I ran out of things to say for preventative taping.
For Taping for immediate treatment, I just said it prevents further injury from occurring
and for Taping for isolation of an injury I said its ineffective in preventing sports injuries and can cause further damage, so I don't even know if thats worth any marks haha

Mammem1

HSC
I referred to all 3 types of taping in my response because I ran out of things to say for preventative taping.
For Taping for immediate treatment, I just said it prevents further injury from occurring
and for Taping for isolation of an injury I said its ineffective in preventing sports injuries and can cause further damage, so I don't even know if thats worth any marks haha
Did anyone else refer to ways to classify sports injuries in their taping qn???

Boombam

HSC
for the partnership Qs, could you get full marks if you didn't specifically mention the Ottawa charter?

Last edited:

juliaspyrou

HSC
For 16 in the multiple choice I said Y (which was C) because its between the aerobic and anaerobic threshold which is the aerobic training zone in which the greatest gains in aerobic capacity is made :)

juliaspyrou

HSC
I thought some of the multiple choice questions were hard...
Although I really liked the short answers and Improving Performance
The taping question in Sports Medicine would have thrown some people off but I somehow coped with it hahahaha

jasmineleighb

HSC
Hey guys I thought a threshold was something that needed to be exceeded for a certain effect, so to be training aerobically you must be above the aerobic threshold and the closest you can get to the anaerobic threshold without passing it is the most beneficial for aerobic adaptations to occur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)