Thoughts on wearing a white suit to formal? (1 Viewer)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
dumbest....... idea......... EVER!!!! That suit is going to have chunder and all sorts of questionable stains on it by the end of the night... :lol:

Formal should be a black tie event... Black suit, white business shirt (that is not corporate wear but more for the occasion... eg: cufflinks, etc...), pocket square that doesn't match your black tie (by doesn't match, I mean is not of matching colour, but, still suits the whole ensemble generally) (probably can get away with a bow tie, make sure the shirt is for a bow tie... I personally, have never taken a person who wears a bow tie seriously...), nice set of shoes... do this, you are going to smash any chick you want there... :lol:
Hahaha cheers for the advice. I don't think i'm going to get smashed that night or smash any chick ;) some of the guys might have a few shots here and there but i doubt anyone is stupid to drink to a point of chundering since our formal is before hscs.

Don't get a white suit. Don't get a black suit.

Get a navy suit. Charcoal if you're feeling scared.

But don't get a white suit.
White seemed skeptical but really? black? I see very few faults with wearing all black haha Well mayb

Yeah, especially if you execute it poorly it'll look cringe-worthy.
It is quite risky. One of my friend pulled it off but his lower half were black pants and shoes

Invest your money in something you can use for the long term (so if it has to be a suit, go for something practical in the long term which you can re-use again and again for various different types of occasions).
At my age and the professions I can aim towards, i don't think i'm going to need a suit thats proper for interviews any time soon. Additionally, i plan to build my body a bit more so i think getting a suit that can suit different occasions means very little to me.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
You can actually pull off a white blazer with black pants and black patent leather shoes. However, I would lean on the side of caution given that it's a formal and white blazers are usually reserved for when it's hot i.e. summer. If the formal is specifically mentioned as being black tie, don't fuck around and get a black tux, white shirt and black patent leather shoes. Never get a black suit - that shit is dire and reserved for funerals. If it isn't black tie, stick with the solid and proven colours - charcoal and navy (navy blue if you're feeling adventurous). Solid colour shirts - think white, light blue and light pink. Then pimp that shit out with a tie clip (three quarter length of tie horizontally preferable), solid tie and pocket square (for the love of god don't match the tie with the pocket square). Also, make sure the colour of your belt matches your shoes.

If you got the dough - buy suits from Mj Bale and Herringbone. I got a few from these places and they're perfect.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
well George mcfly looked pretty snappy ((https://emerdelac.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/leaveheralonebiff.jpg)<not the best picture, soz))in his white jacket and black pants, so it could look ok - but a full white suit is maybe a bit too much.

also yeah be wary of stains...

try get a suit that is well fitted. That will look so much better and will make so much more of a difference on how you look rather than colour. There is a fantastic quote that i love: 'a well tailored suit is to women, what lingerie is to men'
yeah yeah, its pretty generalising and isnt fully inclusive, but its great anyway.

just my advice :p

enoilgam

HSC
You can actually pull off a white blazer with black pants and black patent leather shoes. However, I would lean on the side of caution given that it's a formal and white blazers are usually reserved for when it's hot i.e. summer. If the formal is specifically mentioned as being black tie, don't fuck around and get a black tux, white shirt and black patent leather shoes. Never get a black suit - that shit is dire and reserved for funerals. If it isn't black tie, stick with the solid and proven colours - charcoal and navy (navy blue if you're feeling adventurous). Solid colour shirts - think white, light blue and light pink. Then pimp that shit out with a tie clip (three quarter length of tie horizontally preferable), solid tie and pocket square (for the love of god don't match the tie with the pocket square). Also, make sure the colour of your belt matches your shoes.

If you got the dough - buy suits from Mj Bale and Herringbone. I got a few from these places and they're perfect.
This man knows fashion.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

If you got the money, Oscar Hunt is where it is at...

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
If you don't have the confidence not to have to ask, you probably can't pull it off.

I wish I wore a novelty suit, like the floral ones you buy at lowes in hindsight.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't have the confidence not to have to ask, you probably can't pull it off.

I wish I wore a novelty suit, like the floral ones you buy at lowes in hindsight.
Killer for formal... Massive piss take for a white tie event... :lol:

dapper as fuck though!!!!

Last edited:

tofusenpai

HSC
Depends on the person wearing it. You can either end up looking classy and fine or those guys who get stranded on an island. The white jacket and black pants is pretty cool imo by HecticSandWitch

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I mean, you can if you want, white seems...different.

But if I was your girlfriend, I would want to stay across the function from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)