• Coming soon...Bored of Studies trial exams
    Watch this space!
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

hjp.

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
143
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
chewnugm said:
WTF just happened? I feel i have just been violated by HSC. The chem of art stuff was toughand the rest was hard too. I think i prob got 90+ raw mark but it was a wierd paper....
um, how can you say you found the paper hard, yet anticipate a raw mark of over 90.
 

eddy11

Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
121
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
i thought it was good, really happy, but happier that HSC is over
 

:::a:::

Un******
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
61
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
i do calculation questions in past papers, and then i somehow always manage to not be able to do them in the exam itself.



i found calculations in today's paper so confusing.

plus zinc tablets - wtf?
plus what were the 2 redox reactions in the shipwrecks option. one was ag+ + 2e- --> ag(s)
what was the other?
i made up alot.
 

chewnugm

Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
33
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
hjp. said:
um, how can you say you found the paper hard, yet anticipate a raw mark of over 90.
compared to past papers this one felt harder...i usually get like 94 in past papers. Anyone get the galvanic cell q...what potenitla were we supposed to use for the cathode?
 

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
202
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Incredible, def band 6. The last qu of shipwrecks was fairly mael for people who didn't study an austrailan wreck.
 

JamesTockuss

Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
96
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
chewnugm said:
compared to past papers this one felt harder...i usually get like 94 in past papers. Anyone get the galvanic cell q...what potenitla were we supposed to use for the cathode?
The cathode was the chlorine gas turning into chlorine anions.
 

:::a:::

Un******
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
61
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
chewnugm said:
compared to past papers this one felt harder...i usually get like 94 in past papers. Anyone get the galvanic cell q...what potenitla were we supposed to use for the cathode?
yeah add 2.94 (potassium) to -0.94 (the other one- *forget*)
 

old.skool.kid

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
216
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
:::a::: said:
i do calculation questions in past papers, and then i somehow always manage to not be able to do them in the exam itself.



i found calculations in today's paper so confusing.

plus zinc tablets - wtf?
plus what were the 2 redox reactions in the shipwrecks option. one was ag+ + 2e- --> ag(s)
what was the other?
i made up alot.
Thats exactly what happens to me!!
 
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
56
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
chewnugm said:
compared to past papers this one felt harder...i usually get like 94 in past papers. Anyone get the galvanic cell q...what potenitla were we supposed to use for the cathode?
ooh that was the only question i wasn't sure about. I used the Cl2 gas porential, times it buy 2 and added it to the +ve nickel one. That meant i got a voltage of about 2.9X volts, dont quite remember. What did evry 1 else get?
 

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
202
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
cookiemonsterz said:
ooh that was the only question i wasn't sure about. I used the Cl2 gas porential, times it buy 2 and added it to the +ve nickel one. That meant i got a voltage of about 2.9X volts, dont quite remember. What did evry 1 else get?
You dont times the chloride by 2, molar ratio's are not considered in that.
 

hjp.

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
143
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
the galvanic cell question really fucked me over.

i'd never seen one like that before.
 

squeenie

And goodness knows...
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
666
Location
Utopia Parkway
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
It was an alright paper. Not too easy, but not as hard as some of the past papers I've done.

Did anyone else get hydrogen gas for question 20?
 

karnage

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
423
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
WE FUCKING DID IT!!!! THIS SHIT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer::eek::sleep::D:)
 

gezzill

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
38
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
chewnugm said:
compared to past papers this one felt harder...i usually get like 94 in past papers. Anyone get the galvanic cell q...what potenitla were we supposed to use for the cathode?
the chlorine.
platinum is inert and just transfers the elctrons
 

old.skool.kid

Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
216
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
squeenie said:
It was an alright paper. Not too easy, but not as hard as some of the past papers I've done.

Did anyone else get hydrogen gas for question 20?
Yeah, think i fucked up the rest of the question though.
 

danz90

Active Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
1,474
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
I reckon that's probably one of the easiest Chem papers in many years...

I can (not boasting) say that I killed it... very straightforward paper IMO (with some small exceptions).

WOOOOOOOOOOT THIS FUCKER'S FINISHED HIS HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
 

Shadose

Enjoy Life
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
255
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
All the calculations I found quiet hard. I guess I didn't practice them recently for a long time, lol. Found so much mistakes in the calculations.

For the AAS for zinc, I was like wtf.
 

squeenie

And goodness knows...
Joined
Mar 6, 2007
Messages
666
Location
Utopia Parkway
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
Shadose said:
All the calculations I found quiet hard. I guess I didn't practice them recently for a long time, lol. Found so much mistakes in the calculations.

For the AAS for zinc, I was like wtf.
For AAS, you were supposed to work it out from the graph, right?
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top