threatened to be fired for using my own keyboard and mouse?? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
My manager and teamleader threatened to fire me because I bought my mechanical keyboard and Logitech G600 mouse, some how it was a "threat" to the banks IT security and a legal "threat" in case I injured myself with RSI?

Somehow the ignorant manager thinks the shitty ass bank's $5 membrane keyboard and $3 mouse is more ergonomical than my gear.

WTF seriously.

StudyToDeath

HSC
keep your fancy key board at home next time. That's a bit extreme though. Don't let this bring you down!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Well you could get RSI with the crappy keyboards and mouse and still make a legal threat out of it, so you can argue your point there that regardless they already have that threat to deal with.

IT security however I'm not too sure about. They might use different types of keyboard stuff for their security so not sure if you can say something about that (conventional keyboards don't cover all the possibilities that can be made out of typing in ASCII !!!).

HSC
I think if you want different keyboards/ mice, you need to bring it up to your boss so they can make the change for everyone else as well (although this will take quite some time) and give reasons regarding ergonomical issues. If you bring your own devices, it's a threat because it can be modified to collect data or can give viruses and they don't want to deal with those risks

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I think if you want different keyboards/ mice, you need to bring it up to your boss so they can make the change for everyone else as well (although this will take quite some time) and give reasons regarding ergonomical issues. If you bring your own devices, it's a threat because it can be modified to collect data or can give viruses and they don't want to deal with those risks
Yet, she's okay with me and everyone else plugging their smartphones into the bank computer's usb to charge it.

What a typical dumb uneducated white soccer mum manager who knows nothing about technology and only got to where she is because of her decades of service not intelligence.

HSC
Yet, she's okay with me and everyone else plugging their smartphones into the bank computer's usb to charge it.

What a typical dumb uneducated white soccer mum manager who knows nothing about technology and only got to where she is because of her decades of service not intelligence.
ok, defeats the whole security purpose.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)