Three or more Major Works. Enjoyable Or Just Plain Crazy (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
I'm currently finishing off my major works but i went through a lot of pain and hard work to get to where i am now.

What are some of the problems you have faced or are still facing.

Balancing Drama EE2 and Vis ARTS is no mean feat. But it can be done.

Many people told me that i was crazy to do three major work subjects, but sitting towards the end of my HSC i can look back on a thoroughly enjoyable yet challenging time.

If anything my major works have been my saviours. I probably would have gone mad with written subjects accross the board. I NEED PRAC! lol

And now with the HSC exams fast approaching and major works about to be handed i have three subjects out of the way and can foccus more on english adv and french.
(the written exams for art and drama are usually quite easy)

TK07

HSC
Far out three major works, thats crazy....i'm doind one and i find that annoying enough...but then again i don't like the teacher much, but still....three majors...
n e ways good luck with them..

genius shins

HSC
heya! i'm doing exactly the same as you my friend. drama and art! plus they were on the same line so i have this weird orgaised thing with the school, so i do my lessons in other periods away from the art class. it's really very cool.

gd is hell. ip is ok. bow is going along. :S scraed as anything. but 3 major's is pretty heavy. sigh. ill just get back to work then

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Art MW
EE2 MW
History Extension MW

SOR1 Project.

It's okay I guess.:(

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
hazaar said:
What are some of the problems you have faced or are still facing.

If anything my major works have been my saviours. I probably would have gone mad with written subjects accross the board. I NEED PRAC! lol
Problems: My SOR1 became a correspondence course. Sigh. It's so hard.

Latter thingy: I did all written subjects, all in all in the HSC I shall be writing at possibly 8 essays. I wish I did sciences! I was good at science (Aggregating 85s+)

watkinzez

HSC
Only had the one major work- Software. Considering I started the beginning of the year, it wasn't tough to get down at all, but three major works I wouldn't want to try.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
I've got three major works too; EE2 + SDD + EH

I did my EH one the night before and got 33/35 for it, so that's alright I guess but I'm terribly worried about EE2 - I've only done about 3000 words of it and my SDD is pretty much nothing but is due in just less than a month.

Good luck with yours though!

Mel_b

HSC
A girl in my grade is doing PIP, History Extension MW, EE2 and Art - she's finished her PIP and History Extension, and her art and EE2 are almost done.

I'm doing EE2 and History Extension, hasn't been too bad. My subjects are all essay based, though - 4 english, modern, history extension, legal. And I did eco last year. So that's.... well, this year, when you consolidate the mini essays / 2 part essay questions into whole essays, I have the equivalent of 13 essays, 3 short answer, 2 creative responses, 1 multiple choice in my exams plus the two major works.

I haven't been studying, so much as doing hand excercises with spring loaded scissors :/.

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
I can't believe that i was actually considering to drop maths (at that time my worst worst subject), in favour of doing eng ext 2, PIP, and a textiles major work.

thankfully a wise friend talked me out of it. I barely finished my PIP. My ee2 teacher has been a mountain-big blessing in disguise, pushing and motivating me all the way. and yeah its been a roller coaster, and i can't even imagine how the journey would have been if i also had a textiles major work!

Surprisingly, I'm doing well in maths now, better than biology, so I'm s happy with my decision to kepp maths, and drop a major work subject.

For all the year 11s deciding on their final HSC subjects, be very very careful with your choices, and don't overestimate your abilities. In saying that, i mean, doing 6 Major works is just a bit silly.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Unless you have good time management skills and/or an amazing ability to make stuff up at the very last minute, taking on even one major work is a hell of a lot of work. People were tearing their hair about just for one EE2 portfolio, or that BOW for Visual Arts, I remember.

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
Unless you have good time management skills and/or an amazing ability to make stuff up at the very last minute, taking on even one major work is a hell of a lot of work. People were tearing their hair about just for one EE2 portfolio, or that BOW for Visual Arts, I remember.
Really? I did major works for visual art and ex history and I found it alright. Aside from having BOTH my major works, ancient history assignment and english term exam due on the ONE day.....that was the only day I kinda lost the plot and gave up. Not that I did badly, got band 6s for both.
But seriously, throughout year 12, my dominant state of mind was one of boredom. I don't know why I didn't do EE2, I could've. Just laziness. 2006/07ers; If you're really passionate about the subject, don't let the thought of stress and time pressure hold you back from doing major works. They're not that much work.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
I have both?
Bahahaha due in 16 days. or so
GO ME

Budget: $505 :(
(the $5 is for binding my ext 2)

lala2

Banned
HSC
It depends, I guess, on the nature of the major works, but pacing yourself is always a good idea, just so that you have 'finishing' touches at the end, instead of creating half your story/BOW/PIP/GP/IP etc in one night.

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
It depends, I guess, on the nature of the major works, but pacing yourself is always a good idea, just so that you have 'finishing' touches at the end, instead of creating half your story/BOW/PIP/GP/IP etc in one night.
Haha, yeah I agree with that. But I have heard of people doing their entire art major works in less than a week before it was due (even the night before!)....AND getting into ArtExpress. How annoying. But hey, some people work best under pressure. Myself, for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)