threes a crowd? (1 Viewer)

haruhi

HSC
is it weird when your gf/bf has this other flirty girl/ guy they always talk to whilst dating you?

mleiu

HSC
I think it wouldn't be so much so as weird, you'd just feel insecure or threatened. I don't think its about the "no trust' thing either, its just that you can help but feel somewhat hostile by this other girl/guy even though you completely trust your gf/bf.

I've never had such cases, but I know some friends who used to continuously flirt with other guys while dating her boyfriend, and yes, it did cause a rift. I'm not completely sure about it but from being an objective person outside of the situation, it looks weird and awkward.

Depends to what extent though. As in seriously flirting/constant presence or just good mates hanging out.

But yes, three is usually a (very big) crowd.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Jealousy is a good thing, it means you still think they're a good sort. As long as they dont do anything physical, who cares?

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
agreed

flirting is harmless as long as nothing is acted upon. grow a sense of self-worth, op.

Evilo

HSC
mleiu said:
I think it wouldn't be so much so as weird, you'd just feel insecure or threatened. I don't think its about the "no trust' thing either, its just that you can help but feel somewhat hostile by this other girl/guy even though you completely trust your gf/bf.

I've never had such cases, but I know some friends who used to continuously flirt with other guys while dating her boyfriend, and yes, it did cause a rift. I'm not completely sure about it but from being an objective person outside of the situation, it looks weird and awkward.

Depends to what extent though. As in seriously flirting/constant presence or just good mates hanging out.

But yes, three is usually a (very big) crowd.
+1

especially when just starting out a new relationship, and a trust hasn't been built properly, you should be concerned. It would also depend on what type of girl you are going out with. It also depends on what she is doing to "flirt" with other people. If its an issue then you should probably bring it up, rather than "bottling" up your feelings.

HalcyonSky

HSC
im not talking about flirting im talking about emotional cheating man. If there's another dude she constantly flirts with / spends time with / always talks to / always mentions, shes dead to me.

sca

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
im not talking about flirting im talking about emotional cheating man. If there's another dude she constantly flirts with / spends time with / always talks to / always mentions, shes dead to me.
I'm with you on that one.

If your partner is incessantly flirting with other people then even if they don't conciously realise it they're still looking for the "perfect partner". And if they need to look, then you obviously don't mean enough to them to maintain a serious relationship.

If anything, the plutonic connection is more important in a relationship than the sexual one (although that's still important, obviously).

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
sca said:
If anything, the plutonic connection is more important in a relationship than the sexual one (although that's still important, obviously).
I had this sudden image of glowing people.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Is a plutonic relationship where one person doesn't even count as a planet compared to your immense gravitas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)