• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thut III - ARGH!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Or maybe Punt (that one i think was her personal favorite, do you think she was givin us info on our test??......), personally, i think were up for a Deir-el-Bahri, come on!! It hasn't been asked for like 8 years or something!!!
But then again, it could be on ancient/modern interpretations, or male image, or...............(Ive run out of memory on the questions!!!! - and after we spent a whole period on them to!)

Oh, and guyz, how the hell do you answer that question - "Discuss ancient and modern interpretations of Hatshepsut"
WTF?
Do they want like different theories, or focus on one, or what???
(Oh, and by the way Engels been talkin, im guessin this is a definite contendor for test!!!)

And Rhiannon, maybe you havnt heard my brilliant theory on the Hyksos (And shek agreed to this one!! As did Barb!!! And i think Luke as well) - No, its not like the 'miriam' hatshepsut one, this one has some actual historians who agree

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
A Dier el-Bahri question sounds like it's going to have a lot of content in it. There's heaps you can say on it. And just because it hasn't been asked in 8 years doesn't mean it's going to be asked. I'm dreading a question like that anyway. Wouldn't know where to start...

angelduck

HSC
Yeah, its true, i would really ahte to answer it. Especially as there isnt as much conmflicting views on it (yes, i do realise there is some), it would be much better if the quetsion was somethin bout her and Th. III

But seriously Tines (WTF? Were did i come up with that name???), how tha hell do u answer that interpretations one??????

Anyone got any ideas?????

This is one of those outcomes being assessed on our test, so i think this is our question, and i dont have a clue what im su[pposed to say!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Duck, im sure that won't be the exact question. It would be "discuss/evaluate/access etc. blah blah blah WITH REFERENCE TO ANCIENT AND MODERN SOURCES AND INTERPRETATIONS"

Or something along the lines of that. Honestly, that question would be waaay too general for a 3 questions, 50min essay. Harpy Queen's not that mean.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
angelduck said:
Oh, and guyz, how the hell do you answer that question - "Discuss ancient and modern interpretations of Hatshepsut"

And Rhiannon, maybe you havnt heard my brilliant theory on the Hyksos (And shek agreed to this one!! As did Barb!!! And i think Luke as well) - No, its not like the 'miriam' hatshepsut one, this one has some actual historians who agree
no i havent heard ur hyksos theory - *sighs* - do i want 2 know (and plz actually think about that before answering!)

oh, and regarding ur question about what 2 include...im amazed u had to ask - dont u listen 2 even ur own advice? From what uve been saying all through the thread - correction, all through the forum - obviously the most necessary thing to include would be the Hyksos (quote ange: "The hyksos must be included in every question") - so have fun with that.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
oh and tina - sorry, but i refuse 2 call u tines - ull never convince me the past HSC questions are the most important thing. i know for a fact that they're not. and so, i suspect, do u. besides, even if u didnt, surely the fact that the illustrious harpy-queen thinks they're most important is some indication that im right - after all, shes never right about anything else is she?

anz

well howdy evry1! this appears to be basically an exclusive tina ange rhia and alfalfa thread... makes v interesting reading i must say! just thought id say hi and join forces with the merewether contingent...sorry alfalfa, u seem 2 be a bit outnumbered here!

having a good holiday are we? i got back yesterday and have a list of about 50 things 2 do b4 next week *sighs, resigned to spending the rest of 'holiday' at desk*
skiing was good tho...
ski instructor...mmmm...

anz

ohh...i forgot -

rhia, i read the thing - dancing queen is definitely best so far! poem...well...some bad images there (LV+AD???!!)

anyways, thanx evry1 for providing some entertaining amusement on this thread! im just sorry i dont have anything interesting 2 say about dear old hattie...or the revered hyksos...
i could make something up, just to fit in??

angelduck

HSC
Lol, of course, Rhia, id include the Hyksos!!!!
But, i was more or less wondering how many theoiries i should put into that question - and tines, that question was a past HSCer!!! (As in my one), and come on, Harpy would give us that!!!
Yo Anna!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, make things up! i always do! (and no, i was considering this was why harpy tended to like me, but i dont think so, i mean, shes turning on me!!!!!!!!! givin me the evil eye!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Meh, its only harpy.

So, Rhia...............(i got nothin)

We need some ancient talk here, i tried, i created stupidity, and humor (the 2 things im good at), combined them with my thirst for knowledge (i have no idea where i got that from!!) but now, we need more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
This topic has died. Or as Blue in the Big Blue House says:

"where oh where oh where is TUTTLES? Wasn't this a post about him?!"

angelduck

HSC
LOl!!!!!!!

Anywayz, those who belong to the exclusive merewether mafia, these were the three questions from last years Hatshepsut task, and her main concerns:-

(1) Explain the role of Amun in H's NK: control society, legitimacy, divine conception, Punt, satisfy priesthood & PRIMARY SOURCE EVIDENCE - ditto for historiography!!!

(2) Was Hatshepsut merely a usurper of the throne? (OMG, i can spell this was the question, it really should be 'an'): she had a strong claim (family background), regent, Th. III was Army = power, she didnt loose power till her death, although she kept power until well after his youth = usurper

(3) Explain the importance of Djeser Djeseru (Deir-el-Bahri) to oiur understanding of Hatshepsut's reign: full of P/S, shows society's values, wealth/success/prosperity, it remains = important to society, religious cult evident

Basically, she is looking for: Strong arguments, NOT 1st person, P/S & historiography, and reference to other areas not specifically mentioned in question, such as family or relationship with nobles.

Hope this helps my little minions, oh, and i got this of Ryan, NOT harpy!!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
First time i read that, i thought you called us your "little minoans." For THAT i blame harpy.

And we are NOT a MAFIA!!! I hate the mafia! We can be the Merewether er... MUNCHKINS! *hack! gag! cough! splutter!*

Right now i'm doing some light holiday reading. It's the Tyldesley book "Hatchepsut" (what a crap spelling). I'm up to about chapter 4 but can i really be bothered finishing it? It's mehish so far but i havn't really gotten much out of it yet. I'm hoping the good stuff (ie direct answers to any Hatshepsut question) is towards the end. T

hen again we do know how to answer Hatshepsut questions:

*ahem*

"Gae Callender said......"

Automatic pass! Full marks! Kudos to you!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
anz, dont try 2 invade this forum!!! its not gunna work! obviously coz we spend soooo much time talkin bout in-depth history issues of which u, mere modern history mortal, shall never be able 2 fathom.
mwah-ha-ha
yeah. get that into ya.

duck - i refuse 2 be known as anyone's 'minion'. from now on i would prefer u 2 refer 2 me as 'silvermoon' or, if u must, 'Your Most Evil Highness, Supreme Ruler of the World and Pluto'. v.muvh appreciated.
oh, and coz of the actual sound of u in usurper for a modern spelling/grammer it is perfectly acceptable 2 have 'a' instead of 'an'.
and tina - u forgot something. 2 get A++++ marks, u really need 2 start ur answer with "As the well-known, illustrious, indisputable, renowned Egyptologist and Queen of Egypt Gae Callender orders...blahblahblah...[and to end] Hatshepsut was the best thing that ever happened to Egypt, everyone loves her, I wish that I was her and JAG was her in a past life. All bow down to Hatshepsut - life!prosperity!health!".
*bows* the end.

and just coz i think i should add something bout tuttles...ummm...i like th.III better than hattie-soup coz he just IS better. though, then again, maybe i shouldnt like him - coz he had, what, 22 YEARS in which 2 knock off hatshepsut and forge his evil empire and he did nothing in this direction. lazy i call it.
DOWN WITH THUTMOSIS III
and yes, i fell that everyone can quote me on this in the HSC - noted historian silvermoon. after all, its not like they're gonna check 2 see whether im a 'real historian' - pfft, who says im not anyway. I AM GAE CALLENDER

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
DUCKLES said:
Was Hatshepsut merely a usurper of the throne? (OMG, i can spell this was the question, it really should be 'an')

Silvermoon said:
oh, and coz of the actual sound of u in usurper for a modern spelling/grammer it is perfectly acceptable 2 have 'a' instead of 'an'
Silvermoon's right there. If you don't believe us, try a sentence using that into word. All from experience my dear...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
tina_goes_doo said:
Silvermoon's right there. If you don't believe us, try a sentence using that into word. All from experience my dear...
yes, of course im right. and if u dont believe us duck im sure we can find dear old clack's number for u - coz remember, if ur struggling u NEED 2 TELL HER! we dont want u ESL gals lagging behind in proper english grammer do we?
damn clack...i should have run her ova that time...

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Hey! Why are you bringing me into this? I'm having no problems with my grandma (sic). And anyway, wish clack was back - at least we could get some work done rather than going around the room reading study guides....

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
tina_goes_doo said:
Hey! Why are you bringing me into this? I'm having no problems with my grandma (sic). And anyway, wish clack was back - at least we could get some work done rather than going around the room reading study guides....
hay, bet clack never thought shed hear any of us sayn that we wish we had her back! its a sad day when u prefer her 2 the tecaher u got! *shakes fist* damn u davies...

angelduck

HSC
Yeah, but even with clacks annoying "create chapter titles" hour, we still learnt stuff. And how theh hell did this turn into english?
And Rhia! I am under NO circumstances ESL!!! I speka de good english well!

Lol, yeah, but u gotta give davies some credit, i mean, hes betta than say cornelius, or is he????

*insert evil laugh*

Ok, trying to get back 2 Th. III now, ummmmmm, do u guys think that babs is right? Im gonna start a new thread entitled "Th. III a woman???" - all come see!!!

(we need some more stupidity, and i believe im the right person for the job!)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
ahem...duck...u posted a thread concerning ThIII the woman. this following ur miriam theory. the only thing 2 conclude is that u speak the language of the idiotic. therefore, since this is ur primary tongue, u ARE ESL. admit it, im right :uhhuh:
davies isnt beta than cornelius. i actually learnt more with him. id actually go so far as 2 say i learnt more with marchie than i did with davies. and thats just sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)