• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tighter security during exams??!! (1 Viewer)

Tighter security during exams??!!

• Total voters

Domsky

HSC
Is it better to have tighter security during exams to prevent any cheating?
which means the teachers are allowed to check your pockets, pencil case and possibly do a whole body search....(just saying)
but if this happens is it right or wrong?

deswa1

HSC
I don't full body searches are neccessary. There should however be more teachers in exams and enforce penalties more seriously. If you are caught cheating in any section of a test, you should instantly get 0 for the whole test, none of this lose X% crap that some schools have.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Would be hard to manage, imagine 70~ students come into a hall for an exam and they have to search everyone and stuff but yeah I reckon they should be a bit higher security such as teacher supervising better someone from the other Ext 1 Class in my school just copied off his friend for the whole exam =/

madharris

HSC
N/A
Erm... I guess invert your pockets to check there's nothing in it but what do you mean by a whole body search? Like a pat down? If so then that is really wrong...
My school doesn't do it (they probably will in the hsc exam) but aren't you supposed to put your stationary into like a clear plastic bag/sleeve?

enoilgam

HSC
Is it better to have tighter security during exams to prevent any cheating?
which means the teachers are allowed to check your pockets, pencil case and possibly do a whole body search....(just saying)
but if this happens is it right or wrong?
No - The measures they have in place at the moment are strict enough. Searching people is a violation of privacy. Peoples privacy should only be violated in certain circumstances - to prevent cheating on a HSC exam is certainly not one of them in my book.

Last edited:

Domsky

HSC
Erm... I guess invert your pockets to check there's nothing in it but what do you mean by a whole body search? Like a pat down? If so then that is really wrong...
My school doesn't do it (they probably will in the hsc exam) but aren't you supposed to put your stationary into like a clear plastic bag/sleeve?
Yeah my school doesnt do a whole body search, well as least not yet..anyway i was just saying because most people now a days are getting crafter by the minute...trust me they really know where to hide a thing where people wouldnt check or less expected....anway yeah i do tht i put my stuff in a clear plastic sleeve...i find it very stylish espcially if your a plain person...hahaha:)

Domsky

HSC
No - The measures they have in place at the moment are strict enough. Searching people is a violation of privacy. Peoples privacy should only violated in certain circumstances - to prevent cheating on a HSC exam is certainly not one of them in my book.
True, but then again, they have the say and we sometimes don't they are like parents 'what they say, must always be followed' but heey i was thinking the same thing....but you know theres nothing we can do about it 'if' it happens, well at least i dont think...:(

enoilgam

HSC
True, but then again, they have the say and we sometimes don't they are like parents 'what they say, must always be followed' but heey i was thinking the same thing....but you know theres nothing we can do about it 'if' it happens, well at least i dont think...:(
I doubt whether they will allow body searches (I am pretty sure that it would be illegal).

deswa1

HSC
I just carry in all my stuff by hand and then dump it on my desk. Its funny when I go overboard because then I'm carrying about 7 pens, 2 pencils, a rubber, two calculators and a ruler up to my desk.

Domsky

HSC
I just carry in all my stuff by hand and then dump it on my desk. Its funny when I go overboard because then I'm carrying about 7 pens, 2 pencils, a rubber, two calculators and a ruler up to my desk.
lol, interesting...:)

Gigacube

HSC
I'm quite sure that the teachers have signed something saying that they won't touch students or something like that. Full body searches are what most people would consider an invasion of privacy. Plus it would take a really long time to search everyone before they sat the test. It might throw some people off their game after they've been body searched.

They do check your pencil case in the HSC exams to make sure you don't have anything you aren't supposed to have such as paper. Some HSC exam supervisors are strict & make sure that your water bottle has no labels on it.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Not full body searches. By tighter security, I'd suggest more teachers patrolling and walking around - one at each corner of the room/hall and a few walking around. This can prevent almost any form of cheating.

Domsky

HSC
I'm quite sure that the teachers have signed something saying that they won't touch students or something like that. Full body searches are what most people would consider an invasion of privacy. Plus it would take a really long time to search everyone before they sat the test. It might throw some people off their game after they've been body searched.

They do check your pencil case in the HSC exams to make sure you don't have anything you aren't supposed to have such as paper. Some HSC exam supervisors are strict & make sure that your water bottle has no labels on it.
true, but what if they hire some especial people to do that like a cop or something...you never know....

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't be allowed a pencil case at all in he exam room. No calculator lids either. Calculator memory (if permitted) should be cleared also. No water bottle labels obviously. No phones.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
true, but what if they hire some especial people to do that like a cop or something...you never know....
Pretty sure a cop cannot perform frisk searches (let alone strip searches) on a minor without a guardian/caregiver present. It would be a waste of money.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
During the year 10 half yearlies last year, a kid went to the toilet to read all his notes because he was stuck on a question. He came back and when he sat down, the notes fell out of his pocket as the teacher was walking beside him.

Security? who the hell needs it :p

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
During the year 10 half yearlies last year, a kid went to the toilet to read all his notes because he was stuck on a question. He came back and when he sat down, the notes fell out of his pocket as the teacher was walking beside him.

Security? who the hell needs it :p
He must be pretty dumb, to be honest.

Gigacube

HSC
It still would be an invasion of privacy. It's not feasible to send special body searching people all around NSW for every HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)