Time Management for HSC Trials (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
Hey guys,

Apart from the current revision being done, how can i manage my time for my hsc trials.

They start on the 30 July, and go like this:
Monday 30 July: English paper 1
Tuesday 31 July: English paper 2
Thursday 2 August: Studies of Religion 1U and Engineering Studies
Monday 6 August: Mathematics
Tuesday 7 August: Physics and Modern History

Also thought i might point out:
English standard: Finished course
Studies of Religion: Finished Course
Engineering Studies: Finished course
Mathematics: Finished course
Physics: Almost finished Ideas to implementation and next topic is quanta to qwarks
Modern History: 1/4 way through conflict in europe

Roy216

HSC
sorry i didnt make it clear in the post, i meant thats what were upto in class, not what I've done personally

The Matrix

HSC
They are on the same day aren't they ?!?!?
That's what I'm talking about.

The Matrix

HSC
I think 4 days are enough for adv. maths.
Try to finish studying for physics, modern, engineering studies and english before the trials start.
Physics is content heavy and involves some rote learning but past papers are very helpful so that you develop your skills in approaching harder questions like 6-8 marks responses.
Modern I have no idea since I don't do it.
English, try to prepare all your essays so all you have to do the day before is just revise them.

FreeLearner

HSC
you're doing really good man, I do modern and english standard and I can tell you that I've barely finished all my notes, now I'm just working on all the essays for them. I say your doing really good. Just spend this next 2weeks reading your notes over and over and doing past papers. and try not to waste any time.
I say do all subjects for next 1 and a half weeks, then that 4days before english standard paper 1 & 2 concentrate on english, then immediately after that focus on mainly engineering + religion, then just focus fully on all 3 subjects until that last day before maths, focus on just it. Then the night before physics/modern focus on both and hope for the best!

Roy216

HSC
yeah im starting on my english now, one thing however, I've been told by some to prepare essays and then by others to just gather techniques and quotes into main themes, i see the point in both of them but unsure of which to do

Roy216

HSC
hahaha trust me i havent done as much as i had planned, those subjects i pointed out at the end were subjects we had finished in class not subjects i had gone over, i pointed that out just to show that I've completed 4/6 subjects which gives me more time to prepare

FreeLearner

HSC
For english if your looking for a band 5 you have to do both. All teachers have told me this, and I've seen it done by past HSC band 5/6 students
You must prepare a generic essay for all your modules and then scaffolds for each module (which include quotes, techniques and an explanation for each + a basic thesis based around the rubric)
This should adequately prepare you for english, keep in mind to do a few questions blindly before the exam to see if you can adapt your answer in the 40mins given and then read through it and you should be able to tell what mark it will get (not exact) but like you'll know from the quality if its a 14/20 or 15/20 etc.

Roy216

HSC
ah ok, that makes things simplier. one thing though you said to create scaffolds for each module, lets say for belonging, by looking at past papers there have been questions to do with "connections to places", "interaction with the world" and "Understanding". I know the whole module is about belonging but then these questions divide the module into main themes. So would how would i go about with a scaffold after looking at this?

jenslekman

HSC
wow you're doing pretty well but theres still alot for you to cover in modern ^^ good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)