so the concept of time management!

how the fuck do you manage your time???

inspire me people

or i will kill myself :bomb:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i shall join you in that plea.
in studyskills we were told to create our own timetable at home, just like our timetable from school ( as in stylistically ) and stick to it.
of course i have yet to actually implement this practice.

manutd4lyf

HSC
i know ay
and how do you like actually stick to it since
everyday is like different
if you get what i mean
how do u manage time along with those "extras" that seem to pop up in your day?

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Best thing to manage your time would be to use a time table.
"But i don't like folowing timetables" i hear you say, and thats fine, i don't like timetable either, but just make sure that you do 2-3 hours effective study and you should be fine.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
bringbackshred said:
If you study during every waking hour, you should be fine.
Lol, or you could do it that way.:rofl:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
try "to-do" lists. the things you need to get done in the day.

i prefer to plan for the week so i subconsciously have everything spread out, and know whats happening when.

granted - it doesn't always work. reprioritise, replan, and do the work. :)

it's hell annoying when you're meant to get 5 things done in a day and you only get 1 done, but just keep working at it. in the end everything will work out okay ;)

BBS: unless you're time management is that bad (like mine) and you still dont get everything you need done ;)

Sofstar

HSC
I agree with the 'to do' list. So that you don't forget something. I also try to do something school related most of the time, cept bludge times like now.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
I agree with a lot of the advice given so far in this thread. That's not to say however that I actually have a timetable, or have good time management.
Ditto.

I do work or study whenever I feel motivated or when I have to.

I need to start doing more, now. Aargh.

goosiegoo

HSC
I don't have any lists or timetables... I mean, every so often i get inspired and say 'i'm going to make a to do list!' and i make 1 to do list.. loose it.. and thats the end of that until the next time i get inspired.

I mainly have my to-do lists in my head. And i allocate my weekend time to certain assignments... but i don't write anything down.

Of course, having a mental to do list does require you to push out other information that may be useful, such as social skills. During half yearlies, twice, i was shopping - and the person a the counter would say 'That'll be $10' and i would reply 'very good thankyou..' and then be embarrased by my loser-ish-ness. :D

jirwin

HSC
I've tried the study timetable thing - i have two stuck on my wall and one stuck in my locker at school (i dont even use my locker).

my teacher said that she would make up a timetable for me... apparently all her students that she has done one for sticks to it... so i just have to write down my life e.g. tv shows i watch, time i get home.

atm i just have blocks of time.
like from when i get home till around 6 is homework/assessments.
7.30 till bed is study (rarely happens)
weekends is normally assessments mainly

IceOnFire

HSC
I make a mental note on what needs to be completed on the day, during the week, for the month, etc.

And things I wanted done eventually gets done.

EVENTUALLY.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
I just do maths h/w daily. Otherwise I read up books for other subjects when I get bored of whatever i may be doing to bludge at the time

Honestly i never really study other subjects, but it works well for me

manutd4lyf

HSC
wow thanx for the tips
i actually made up a timetable and will try and stick to it
its got 1.5hr blocks with 3/4 subjects each nite
is that not enough?
my damn trials are in week 9!!!!

bmwz4

HSC
gypo_rich said:
:bomb: no more sleep untill then i guess lol

good luck with the timetable, biggest problem i had with a timetable though is if i did another subject instead of the one im meant to be doin or i go over time in homework - then i just go bugger this and do wat i need too only(eg. h/w), for that night
lmao i do that too, i have a subject im supposed to be and i convince myself i want to do chemistry or biology instead of maths etc. Its a bad cycle :rofl:

kloudsurfer

HSC
jirwin said:
I've tried the study timetable thing - i have two stuck on my wall and one stuck in my locker at school (i dont even use my locker).

my teacher said that she would make up a timetable for me... apparently all her students that she has done one for sticks to it... so i just have to write down my life e.g. tv shows i watch, time i get home.

atm i just have blocks of time.
like from when i get home till around 6 is homework/assessments.
7.30 till bed is study (rarely happens)
weekends is normally assessments mainly
Yeah, I go for the blocks of time thing too.

Like, I get home, and study from 4 till i need a break, then go back and study till 7 then i have dinner, then i watch a bit of tv, then i go back and study agian, then sleep.

I do have a timetable, but its based on what I already do rather than the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)