Time planning (1 Viewer)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
write out goals for each day and weekly goals,
the daily shud provide me with alota work during day and have nights off..''

also i reckon getting up early, like 7 and starting then is good cause u can knock alot of study pover by 1 - 2pm then ease off in the arvo

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I'll just try not to stay up late (a bad habit of mine) and not waste the morning hours (before midday). Maybe I'll get a schedule happening in a weeks time or something, but for the moment I'm just trying to read a lot and get into a good mindset.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Force myself to get up/go to bed early, break my 6 subjects into 2 groups of 3, do 2.5 hours of each of 3 subjects on one day, then 2.5 hours of each of the other 3 subjects on the 2nd day, and repeat until the HSC starts.
Then 3 weeks from now if I've got any braincells left I'll readjust to suit my exam timetable.

rama_v

HSC
Yeah, I've made myself a timetable. I want to force my self to sleep before 10:30, so I can wake up 7:00 - 7:30ish, and head down to the library every weekday for a good 6 hour slog. 1 subject a day. At night i plan to do an english essay a day, and 3 maths past papers a week...

Relaxing time in the arvo, then english after say 8 sounds good.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that in opinion, is a very good plan. focusing on one subject per day is good so your mind is set on one thing instead of wavering into other subjecs per 3 hours of so. im gonna try and do something along the lines of that. i want to go to the library atleast a few days a week since ill be home alone everyday anyway. gotta get thorough with maths!!

DanielleM

HSC
I agree with my darling fakingtheday
Cmon...let us enjoy the end of school...
I'm going out 2nite
enjoying the swans kick ass 2moro in the grand final

Im gonna start studying from monday...
but no I havent got a timetable like some of u organised cookies.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
unfortunately im so stupid that i need to study as hard as possible to get the uai i need...i wish i could go out and bludge...that's the moment after my last exam, physics.

DanielleM

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
unfortunately im so stupid that i need to study as hard as possible to get the uai i need...i wish i could go out and bludge...that's the moment after my last exam, physics.
Weren't you offering tutoring lol?
You have heaps of confidence in yourself! :confused:

legaleagle

HSC
N/A
Whilst this is not strictly on point, it may be of interest to someone ...

If anyone wants to have a few short, sharp tutoring sessions to do things like:

* review essay plans/structures
* prioritise and streamline subject summaries
* design a plan of attack for exams

then I am happy to do so.

Check out my posts in the tutoring thread for my details.

Good luck with the study.

Legaleagle

rama_v

HSC
Argonaut said:
Uh, remember guys, it's not how much study you do, but how you use your time. You could do 10 hours a day for three solid weeks, but someone else could achieve twice as mucha s you i half the time simply because they used their time more effectively. If the number of hours you study determined your UAI, everyone would be scoring 100 because they'd forced themselves to stay up 24 hours a day for 3 straight weeks doing what they called "study" (regardless of what they actually did for those 3 weeks).

So rememebr, it's not how much time you take, but how you use that time.
Ditto. I think its important to have variations in study as well. Sometimes it helps to get quizzed by a friend or a family member, sometimes if helps to read things out aloud or record quotes and listen to them (say for modern history or english). You can do that while you go for a walk too :)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
-Swifty- said:
write out goals for each day and weekly goals,
the daily shud provide me with alota work during day and have nights off..''

also i reckon getting up early, like 7 and starting then is good cause u can knock alot of study pover by 1 - 2pm then ease off in the arvo
I like the idea of your top part; but I'm not sure bout the 2nd para! So many ppl won't want to wake up that early; we already have to for school or some earlier! :uhhuh:

Good tips though... :)

elisabeth

HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
I like the idea of your top part; but I'm not sure bout the 2nd para! So many ppl won't want to wake up that early; we already have to for school or some earlier! :uhhuh:

Good tips though... :)
For some, that's the idea - don't forget, most people have 13 years of being in the habit of getting up early...

s0k0y0e0

HSC
elisabeth said:
For some, that's the idea - don't forget, most people have 13 years of being in the habit of getting up early...
Hmm, yeah i guess; but personally; i want AT LEAST a couple of days with a BIT of a sleep in and just be able to get up and take my time; rather than have to rush round and get dressed! Hmm; I guess it really has a lot to do with whether you're a night person or a morning person?! Personally....I think...actually I'm not sure which 1 I am; probably night! :)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
DanielleM said:
Weren't you offering tutoring lol?
You have heaps of confidence in yourself! :confused:
im best at english and legal. everything else i need work at. LOL......i sound more stupid than i am now!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
this sounds so cliched but i don't know how/what to study. like normally all i would do was write out notes, but i've done that for the trials. and i dread having to write another english essay. DREAD. i hate it. so much grrrrrrrrrrr

LostAuzzie

HSC
Iam doing the same. No more than 6hrs a day no less than 3 no days off started yesterday. I'm attempting to stick to it as strictly as possible and not steer away from it due to a subject I dislike.
Most of my study, for the science and maths subjects especially, is comprised of doing questions as a lot of the knowledgve is still packed in my brain from trials.
Good luck everyone on using your next 3 weeks effectively.

fakingtheday

HSC
I am just doing syllabus points and predicting questions. Going to prepare and consolidate each of my english modules. Geography and engineering will just be summaries and practice type stuff and D&T won't do much at all. I'm meant to be at school but i feel sick. Ha Ha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)