time (1 Viewer)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i got stuck into a book and its been sitting on my table for about 2 weeks untouched because of exams and things happening... how the hell is there any time to read?

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
i read on the toilet, its the best quiet place and most productive too :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
On trains, during lectures (yeah chem!), between classes, before sleep. There's plenty of time if you look for it.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, I read on the train and before bed. If you read before bed, you fall asleep easier.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i know aye.... i read in body + soul that its bad to read in bed... didnt say why

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
reading in bed with poor lighting can screw up your vision like mine is now.
you have to make the time to read, i used to just stay up late reading after studying

Inhuman

HSC
hehe me too, and you're not meant to read in bed cos you learn to associate bed with being awake reading or something like that. I pay no attention to that, maybe that why I always have so much trouble sleeping :p

At the moment I usually snatch a few minutes in the morning when I'm meant to be getting ready for uni, and do the rest on the weekends.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've always read before bed, and it's good. I kave a good, strong, fluorescent lamp though, and always wear my glasses when reading at night (like with computer) so my eyes don't get more screwed.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
At the risk of sounding like a bad motivational speaker, you have to make time to read. Between lectures, while being transported, spare moments, time before bed, whenever.. Works for me.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
There is no time. Every subject I do I have to do wide reading for, so I have no time for "recreational reading". Sometimes I cheat and pretend what i'm reading is related to my subjects, a link easily made when you're doing ext 2 english, anything at all can be related!

veriante

HSC
Originally posted by super katie
There is no time. Every subject I do I have to do wide reading for, so I have no time for "recreational reading". Sometimes I cheat and pretend what i'm reading is related to my subjects, a link easily made when you're doing ext 2 english, anything at all can be related!
I agree 100% ... I sit there and read Anne Rice books and convince my parents and myself that it's essential reading for the gothic major work... :D or that reading the complete works of Jane Austen will somehow help my studies in Pride and Prejudice the mini series...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Originally posted by veriante
I agree 100% ... I sit there and read Anne Rice books and convince my parents and myself that it's essential reading for the gothic major work... :D or that reading the complete works of Jane Austen will somehow help my studies in Pride and Prejudice the mini series...
haha the saving grace of ext 2

clerisy

HSC
Do you know, it's a shock for me that you're not supposed to read in bed... I didn't know that. For me, I usually can't get to sleep without reading in bed beforehand. It's the cosiest spot! What that means, at least, is that I generally squeeze at least fifteen minutes in a day, which is a pathetically sad amount, but you take what you can get. But it is hard to find time to read what you want especially-- with all the related text searching as well as prescribed, time for your own choice is pretty limited. I'm lucky that I generally enjoy all the books I have to read, but still... the problem with me is that the books I most enjoy are usually quite heavy and around exams, when I'm really bogged down with thinking, I can never be bothered to pick them up. So I revert to lighter books, and I hate beginning a book when I haven't finished another one; it's awful and it itchies me.

So that's my input.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
well I read on a bean bag and im not allowed to read in bed cos it apparently damages ur eyes so maybe think of investing in one of those...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)