• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Timetable help (2 Viewers)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Hmmm yeh thats true. I guess you can get around the Marketing problem by doing that in Autumn, either in 2005 or in 2006. As for the other ones, you can't do much about them sorry.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Thanks for all your help and replies jasee.

I'm just trying to work around this now. I can get around Marketing Foundations by doing it in Autumn instead but Computer Fundamentals is ONLY available in Spring and only at that time, so I'll guess everyone will have to do it at that time since its a core subject?

------------------

Ah scrap this whole thing, I can't work out a timetable without things overlapping and such. I've ended up doing what's in the handbook and swapped 24108 Marketing Foundations with 26133 Business Information Analysis in Spring to Autumn in Year 2 to give me a bit more flexible timetable.

Only annoying thing is Computer Fundamentals, but everyone's gonna have to suffer with me :p

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Thats fine :). Yes some subjects are only available in Spring. It's kinda dumb, because Computer Fundamentals would be a good subject to start off with in Autumn, since it introduces you to computers. Yes, everyone will have to do it, and most likely will do it in their first year.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jasee i reckon yuor the best person to helpme on this one but if anyone else can too please do.
i am trying to do a timetable for BbusBcomp and in the hand book it sais

Course completion requirements
CBK90161 Electives 6cp
CBK90169 Major 48cp
STM90273 Core subjects 48cp
STM90566 Core Subjects BComp 66cp
CBK90436 Sub-major choice BComp 24cp
Total 192cp

u said we should complete the core subjects first. so should i choose

two subjects from each one of those for the autumn timetable?
STM90273 Core subjects 48cp
STM90566 Core Subjects BComp 66cp

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes you are correct. So 2 Business core subjects, which are the 48cp total ones, and the 2 IT core subjects, which are the 66cp total ones, per semester. Some of the core subjects have prerequisites, especially the later IT ones of course (which are done in 3rd and 4th year when you have no Business core subjects, only your major), so you need to do the introductory ones first.

It might be better if you look at the standard program, which is listed below what you copied/pasted, and follow that. You can reorganise your first year if you want, like ragnarok was doing, though I recommend staying with the standard program. I'm not sure how flexible you will be allowed to be this year.

lil_ms_sneeky

Beautiful Disaster
HSC
i was wondering is it better to have the tutorial after or before a lecture? wats the pros and cons of each? :)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Up to you. For business subjects it usually doesn't matter. For IT ones, usually the tutorial/lab is best after the lecture (and you'll find they usually are). Most of the time, the labs/tuts for IT subjects concentrate on that week's work, so thats why they are after, and because they usually only have 1 lecture.

For business subject's, you'll find a lot of them have 2 lectures, because they are a lot bigger subjects, so the tutorial's will usually cover work from the previous lecture, so it doesn't matter whether you do it before or after. I guess if you do it after, you'll be muddled up with what you just learnt this week and trying to remember last week's stuff, or if you do it before, then you just have to remember last week's stuff, go to the lecture and then learn new stuff. It's really up to you I guess, whatever you prefer. Most people would go after.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
hey another question

CBK90436 Sub-major choice BComp
CBK90161 Electives

should i do these subjects after i done all the core subjects i need to do? and in what order? as i read i only choose 1 elective .

thanks for reply when it comes

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes, you start them after you have done your IT core subjects, well the first year ones anyways (so there is 6 of them). After that, you can start your IT sub-major. The ONE IT elective is there for you to do an IT subject that might be required for your sub-major. Sub-majors such as Internet Business Technology, Comp Graphics and Mobile Computing have a prerequisite subject you need to do, however ones like IT Management don't, so in that case you can choose any IT subject you like, out of interest.

So yes, for your 1st year, you only need to worry about your core BBus and core BComp subjects.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
jasee said:
I personally didn't start in the BBus/BComp course, however I have done most of the subjects.

really? what did you start in then?

did you have to pick a degree up?

Another thing should we make timetables for Summer/Winter , or is that not necessary at this stage?

Also , arent majors and subs chosen in year 2 really?

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
Also , arent majors and subs chosen in year 2 really?
yeh thats what we talked about before. i asked the samequestion.As jasee said do your core subjects first

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm what about with engineering ... the whole thing is pretty much set out eh? would it be still a big event to just leave it till the day and pick then?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
oh when i create a timetable with four subjects for the Autumn semester. then i select a flat view of it. and i get alist of the times and stuff.

what i dont get is how many of these clasees i attend.

i am showingyou just the times for thesubject Accounting for Business from the BbusBcomp course. please tell me what times i need and stuff/ thanks. i dont know how to read it. if i understand one subject i get therest.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You usually need to attend one class of each type. So under the "Group" column, you see two different ones, a Lec and a Tut. So you need to choose one of each.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
<deletes>

Bah, that was such a waste preparing all this timetable stuff. Get there on the day and they go "you have to follow this", referring to the yellow sheet they've given us.

Why'd they even tell us to prepare one then?

And all you 2nd year students pestering us to go to the O'camp XD (especially that eccentric girl ;D)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)