Timetable Problem (1 Viewer)

BeyondDeath

HSC
Reviewing my timetable, I have noticed some problems. I have a tutorial on Monday at 12 - 1pm and a lecture on the same day at 11 - 1, and I cant reselect my time for the tutorial becasue its the only one left. Is that a big problem?

Also, is it possible to view my timetable (lectures, tuts, prac and all) in chronological order? I'd be happy just to even get them all on the one page, coz atm I'm using that tutorial registration thing to review my times and its a bitch to switch back and forth between units to get a good picture of my schedule.

Any help is appreciated.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
How did you get those times? Weren't you the one who selected the tute and lecture you wanted to go to? You'll probably have to contact the co-ordinator for that unit to work something out.

Another thing you could do, is not attend that lecture (provided that you get the lecture notes off the net or a friend).

If you want to view your timetable with all the units showing, go to tutorial registration and click on confirm registration.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Yea I'll have to work something out. But as I said, for that particular unit, there was only like one choice left and the lecture is already set/ you can't modify any further.

The confirm registration thingo doesnt show any of my lectures, only tuts and pracs (the ones I got to choose), but it'll do I guess.

Also can anyone tell me how to decipher the week range thing, eg. 9-16, 18-22? Does it correspond to the week in a year, like 9 is week 9 out of 52 weeks and I have no lectures in week 17?

Last edited:

Nic-zilla

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Yea I'll have to work something out. But as I said, for that particular unit, there was only like one choice left and the lecture is already set/ you can't modify any further.

The confirm registration thingo doesnt show any of my lectures, only tuts and pracs (the ones I got to choose), but it'll do I guess.

Also can anyone tell me how to decipher the week range thing, eg. 9-16, 18-22? Does it correspond to the week in a year, like 9 is week 9 out of 52 weeks and I have no lectures in week 17?
Hey Yeh im in the same boat as you- my computer froze while waiting for a tute and when i got back into the window the ones i needed were all full and i got the tut that clashes with my Lecture and 1/2 hr into another tutorial. so i sent an email to the Unit coordinator and explained my situation and she sent me an application in which you have to fill out to change tutorials otherwise you have to wait til a free one comes avaliable- most likely close to the cenus date.

With the other question of the weeks... Yeh Uni for uws starts on the 9th week of the year.. and week 17 is intersession break (kinda like stuvac week they say )

Hope that helps..

BeyondDeath

HSC
Damn, why dont they just state the actual dates instead of having the week number. It makes it so much more difficult coz I dont keep track of what week it is.

For the lectures, you dont have to register right, since its not enabled? You're automatically in amirite? Just making sure.

Btw, what week is it now?

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
Crap, I just found another clash: 2 of my pracs both at 14:00 - 17:00 on Thursday. Again, I cant select other times because they are either not enabled or the exact same time.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
wtf were you doing when you were meant to be planning your timetable?

If you have clashes that can't be resolved email the unit coordinator.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Your lectures aren't showing on tutorial registration because you haven't registered. You need to be registered for lectures.

Like I said before, you'll just have to email the unit co-ordinator.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
tanjin said:
Your lectures aren't showing on tutorial registration because you haven't registered. You need to be registered for lectures.

Like I said before, you'll just have to email the unit co-ordinator.
You only need to register for lectures if the lecture registration option is avaliable. If it's not enabled then you don't have to register it, please read the tute registration info carefully.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Wooz said:
You only need to register for lectures if the lecture registration option is avaliable. If it's not enabled then you don't have to register it, please read the tute registration info carefully.
I read it very carefully and for MY course it says that I MUST register for lectures. I assumed it was the same for all courses.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
I read it very carefully and for MY course it says that I MUST register for lectures. I assumed it was the same for all courses.
What course are you doing?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ari89 said:
What course are you doing?
B Business & Commerce (Accounting)

Would've done Law with it if I hadn't stuffed up my preferences.
:eek:

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
B Business & Commerce (Accounting)

Would've done Law with it if I hadn't stuffed up my preferences.
:eek:
You can always apply to transfer at the end of semester 1. Everyone knows law > accounting:p

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ari89 said:
You can always apply to transfer at the end of semester 1. Everyone knows law > accounting:p
Nah-uh! :( (I like both) but yeah, a transfer to B Business & Commerce/B Laws is what I'm aiming for. :D

Nic-zilla

HSC
Wooz said:
THat's correct because for my educational units i don't have to apply for a lecture cause their is enough space avaliable but in my humanities unit i have. The unit coordinator should tell u in the unit tutorial reg page if u have to register in a tute or not- but they are often enabled. Some tutes are also enabled because they are only a spare class if there are too many people with clashes and enough for nearly a full class :D

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Nic-zilla said:
THat's correct because for my educational units i don't have to apply for a lecture cause their is enough space avaliable but in my humanities unit i have. The unit coordinator should tell u in the unit tutorial reg page if u have to register in a tute or not- but they are often enabled. Some tutes are also enabled because they are only a spare class if there are too many people with clashes and enough for nearly a full class :D
Communists write in red.

boris2003

HSC
tanjin said:
Nah-uh! :( (I like both) but yeah, a transfer to B Business & Commerce/B Laws is what I'm aiming for. :D
Same here, good luck, and yes the timetable is horrible, i have a tutorial first, then a lecture second, admin at UWS obviously sucks

ari89 said:
Communists write in red.
Their blood does not pour out everyday, you know:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)