stazi

Nightman
HSC
will post up the problems with your timetable in 5 mins

p.s. do you mean ELEC1601?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
looks like its your browser, or the server is currently down for whatever reason. i only found one clash

TimmyDD

HSC
does anyone know if you HAVE to click "log out" when your finished looking at ur timetable? or can u just close the window and thats the timetable ur stuck with?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
TimmyDD said:
does anyone know if you HAVE to click "log out" when your finished looking at ur timetable? or can u just close the window and thats the timetable ur stuck with?
pretty sure you can just close the window, leastways thats what i did.

straubhaar

HSC
it was engg1061 -advanced eng 1a. anyways i can just wait till the 28th, thx for helpin

stazi

Nightman
HSC
did you try another browser? everyone else can access it fine. i doubt it being the 28th will make any difference. its possible that the clashes arent permitting you to get a timetable as a workshop clashes with a lecture and tutorial. attendance at workshops is often compulsory.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Just how shit would 8am starts five days a week be?

Also, I had a timetable but I changed it and now I want the one I was originally given back but no combinations of the timetable changer will give it to me again. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to pick another timetable?

Last edited:

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
jb_nc said:
Well that would depend on whether you also have to get up at 5 in order to make those classes like I did last year. Pretty damn shite indeed!

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Seryn said:
Well that would depend on whether you also have to get up at 5 in order to make those classes like I did last year. Pretty damn shite indeed!
Probably 6am though. I don't think I could do it (couldn't make it to school at 8.45 when I lived a 15 walk away).

Will the building for timetable changes be open tomorrow?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jb_nc said:

Also, I had a timetable but I changed it and now I want the one I was originally given back but no combinations of the timetable changer will give it to me again. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to pick another timetable?
i think you'll just have to pick another one. i had the same problem and yeah it wouldnt give it back to me.
you might be able to get it changed back in person though, and yes i think they are open tomorrow. i think i might just pop in during o week. i cant be bothered to trek all the way there before then just for that.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
be prepared to wait in line for about an hour or more if you change it during o-week.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
be prepared to wait in line for about an hour or more if you change it during o-week.
Going in tomorrow for sure then. Do tutes/lecs get full? How can you tell if they are filled up?

thenothing

no member
HSC
Malfoy said:
You know how you're meant to do 4 subjects/24 credit points a semester? I'm doing 6 subjects/36 credit points this semester.
Oh. How come you have so much spare time? My timetable looks really full, I've got 22 hours a week and you've got 15 or so, though it looks like you have a couple of clashes.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
arts, education and business-based degrees typically feature 3 contact hours per week (with a lot of self-study to do). some have more, some less. she has 17 total contact hours, which is slightly under the average of 18 for 6 subjects.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
first year subjects usually have more contact hours (see INFS 1000), right?

it doesn't really make sense....because I thought the more advanced level you get to, the more hours should be required...
but yet..many third year students seem to have a less packed schedule (or fewer days of uni) due to lesser contact hours.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
a lot of those third year students do 8 credit point subjects, thus they do one subject less per semester, as per the pre-06 resolutions.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
If you go in to the uni and have ask to have a class changed to a specific time? I'm not sure because of what it says here:

You may select what times you are unavailable to attend classes. At no point can you request to be allocated to a particular class for any subject.
You cannot request your timetable to be made similar to your friend's timetable.
Any change in your timetable will re-allocate ALL your classes. You cannot choose to keep some classes the same while moving others.
You cannot revert to a previous timetable.
What does it mean by "specific" class? Do you need a reason to request a change? I need a few 8am classes changed to later on and some subjects arranged around that. I know there are other times for it because I've found them all. Can that be done?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
They say you can't change to a "specific class" but that's not necessarily true. Just smile a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)