TImetable question (1 Viewer)

Lufa

HSC
Was wondering is it possible to go to a lecture at 11am -12am and attent a prac or work shop that starts at 12am to 2pm? and give me some details like.. does it always happen? or class only give materials at begining of lesson? etc... does people go late to lecture pracs and tut?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Yes, easily possible. Classes start late/finish early to allow for this.

Midnight is a late class though :)

Dx_God

HSC
meh i think ur fine since i'm in like a similar scenario, and u should be fine. and yea, try avoid having 2 lecs 1 exactly after another. as for tuts, meh stack them how u like since they are not really important anyways and are taught by pre-uni students. as long as u do ur homework, a few minutes late to tut doesn't hurt

Morbo

HSC
All lectures/tutorials start five minutes late/end five minutes early so you can get to your next class. It's not uncommon to be late if your classes are at opposite ends of campus of some of the larger universities (e.g. UNSW, USYD).

spence

HSC
meh i think ur fine since i'm in like a similar scenario, and u should be fine. and yea, try avoid having 2 lecs 1 exactly after another. as for tuts, meh stack them how u like since they are not really important anyways and are taught by pre-uni students. as long as u do ur homework, a few minutes late to tut doesn't hurt
Maybe you should leave the uni advice to people who have actually been to uni? Tutes are more important than lectures, and there's no reason you shouldn't have back to back classes, heaps of people do

Andi0390

HSC
I'm sure you mean 12pm, but anyway.

The starting time of lectures and tutorials differ depending on the unversity but generally there is always about 10 minutes in between, with them either starting late or finishing early. This is so people can get to back to back classes.

I urge you to be on time to tutorials - if you have a nice tutor they'll look it but if you are consistantly late then they may start deducting a percentage of your tutorial mark. As tutorials are small they do know who you are. It is also rude to disrupt it but consistently being late. Tutorials are generally optional, and if you walk in late you probably will disturb very few people. Try to be on time but if you have to be late be late to lectures.

If your classes are very far apart 10 minutes might not be sufficient to to get to your next one, if this is the case try to change them around, or if the second one is a tutorial talk to you tutor and explain you might regularly be slightly late.

I've had about 5 classes back to back before, its tiring but not uncommon.

Bananaberry

HSC
I did 6 hours of classes straight 2 days a week while I was at uni in my last year. Have the times of your classes to suit you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)